Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

Me certainly. Inter's new squad look good on the paper, so let's see what they can do against sort of a decent team.

Nice performance from Roma tonight, liked their goals too. A lot of energy in their play, unlike Inter. The Osvaldo incident late on was chucklesome.

Fantastic goal from Marquinho, and Totti was superb the whole game.

Also, Napoli and Fiorentina played beach football yesterday! :D

Man so Pazzini NOW decide to start scoring goals?!!
it's no coincidence mate. i'm afraid inter was pazzini's problem. i'd expect him to get back on track now that' he's gone.

nice game between inter and roma yesterday. it's still waay too early to see roma playing zeman's football, but u can already see glimpses of zeman's tempo. i'm still not so sure how zeman will have roma playing his 4-3-3, but i hope he'll figure it out.
this tridente he's displaying right now is weird. 3 cf and no wingers. i realise osvaldo, destro and totti are all too good to stay on the bench, but i'm not sure how this tridente is gonna work out... one thing is for sure; it's very un-zemanesque.
stramaccioni made a mess. someone should tell him gargano isn't a regista.

as for palermo's season so far....
palermo - napoli 0-3
lazio - palermo 3-0
how's that for consistancy! :P

did u guys see prandelli's callups? osvaldo, insigne, verratti, poli and pazzini made the team. me like it!!!:))

Last edited:

A10cUAoCYAAMftV.jpg

i'm still not so sure how zeman will have roma playing his 4-3-3, but i hope he'll figure it out.
this tridente he's displaying right now is weird. 3 cf and no wingers.

on paper yes, we'll see how this turns out
on the pitch totti plays like a SS hanging deep on the left, and on the right side i think lopez does the job best, maybe lamela, destro i dont think so
the sidebacks need to provide extreme width, so maybe zeman wants cool finishers upfront and more CF movements(totti aside) and no wingers

its almost a 4-3-1-2 with the "1" being on the left side, so not very far off from enriques idea, just on the left
another asynchronous system prepared for totti, and i like it that way

Last edited:

on paper yes, we'll see how this turns out
on the pitch totti plays like a SS hanging deep on the left, and on the right side i think lopez does the job best, maybe lamela, destro i dont think so
yep, i also think so. it's weird isn't it? and yet zeman clearely pushed to sign destro, even at the cost of borini (who was much more suited to play on the flanks in zeman's system).

obviously the upside potential on destro is higher than on borini, but still i don't think it was a good move by roma to lose borini and sign mattia. borini is absolutely perfect to play the false-winger role in zeman's system, and he showed some pretty impressive stuff last season. i think he could have developed into a fantastic player under zeman's tutorage.
now instead borini is gonna get sucked into liverpool's maelstrom of sadness, while destro and osvaldo might risk to step on each other's toes in roma.
anyway, who am i to question zdnenek. he must have a plan, it's just that we don't see it yet. however i believe this is not gonna be the final version of his roma.... this formation will probably keep evolving into whatever it's on zeman's mind right now. :))

u gotta be a pretty special person to be praised and honored with a banner by inter fans... when you're coaching roma and you're also trashing them.... in san siro.:))
man, i missed zeman!

Last edited:

Hey Stef, what do you think of the milan squad? Not only one of the most average ones in recent times, but one of the most dis-likable squads ever too. What a collection of douches.

Hey Stef, what do you think of the milan squad? Not only one of the most average ones in recent times, but one of the most dis-likable squads ever too. What a collection of douches.

really? i don't know. ibra and cassano are gone, so if anything they should lost some points in terms of douchery (does this words even exists? :P )
kanoute said:
just yesterday, inter were sentenced to pay Vieri €1 million over phone spying. lol
lol. that story was just so embarassing.... and hilarious :P

Last edited:

just yesterday, inter were sentenced to pay Vieri €1 million over phone spying. lol

Bad example.
Not that i don't condemn what they did to Vieri.
But this is behaviour towards one of your own players.
If Inter fans have respect for Zeman it is because what he said about Juventus.

I know Juve and Milan fans claim that Inter did the same things as Moggi, but IMo they could never prove that (not even with circumstantial evidence or smoking guns).

I'm not an Inter fan, but allegations like that are a litle bit easy to make. And after all, did Zeman say anything about Inter? I don't think so.

How guys like Nesta must've felt out of place..
lol. fair enough, i stand corrected. and yeah, nesta must have felt pretty weird in that dressing room. :P
however i don't think the team is that bad. sure, it's hardly a top club and it's not stronger than last season, but i feel a pretty good team might come out of that dressing room.
their situation isn't ideal, but i think it's also not as bad as people might believe right now.
plus, serie a is such a crappy league right now, it doesn't really take a great team to become a title contender.
Gerd said:
If Inter fans have respect for Zeman it is because what he said about Juventus.

I know Juve and Milan fans claim that Inter did the same things as Moggi, but IMo they could never prove that (not even with circumstantial evidence or smoking guns).

I'm not an Inter fan, but allegations like that are a litle bit easy to make. And after all, did Zeman say anything about Inter? I don't think so.
yep, i entirely agree with u Gerd. inter probably had a few skeletons in their closets, but their position in the calciopoli scandal was similar to milan's position and fiorentina's position (wich means they probably did something fishy, but only to protect themselves, and their responsibilities were nowhere near as serious as moggi's). besides there's no actual evidence on any sort of involvment by them in the calciopoli scandal.

Too soon for Roma. I think the Inter game just showed that Inter aren't ready for the title yet. Roma were shaky at the back and could have conceded many goals but Inter didn't take advantage.

Del Piero was close to Liverpool?? That would have been interesting.

You forgot one Dominic! The hairstyles are really bad in the team. I thought Berlusconi cared about this stuff?! :LOL:

548228_10150927868491937_1356552109_n.jpg

Last edited:

Roma and inter will duke it out with napoli for second place. I think juve will prove to be quite ahead of the rest.

Haha yea zeem, thats a good picture as well. You must long to the days of where youd field a midfield with pirlo, seedorf, rui costa and kaka.

I think Boateng is a douchebag - I think he feels that he's 'made it' as a top player at a big club with a hot girlfriend... and he gets complacent.

I've already written Milan off for CL this year. I don't even know how we will grow as a club... all this talk about a Barca system, yet only Abate came through the ranks and we don't use anyone else. Why didn't we hold onto Paloschi instead of signing Niang? Why sign Traore if he's already looking rubbish, and we have players like Calvano and Valoti... and even more infuriating is that we gave away MERKEL! That kid was talented and scored last week.

Last edited:

someone drew comparisons between milan and barça? that's odd. as for the CL, milan certainly isn't among the favourites to win, but u can't ever tell how a cup will unfold. chelsea was an absolutely terrible team last season (not better than the current milan), and yet their team spirit allowed them to overcome their mediocrity and beat much more impressive opponents.

i understand it's not nice to see a product of your own academy leave, but if i were a milanista, i would have much bigger regrets about matri than paloschi. plus u already have pazzini, el sharawi, pato and robino upfront.... i don't think there would have been much room for paloschi in this team.
and as for boateng, he might not be like kakà in his prime, but still, he is a fantastic trequartista to have in your team.

cheer up stef, this milan team won't go down in history as one of the greatests lineups, but it might end up doing a decent job. plus, in a league where every club seems to be focused on doing its best to weaken its own team (with juve's exception, of course), milan's downfall will have a much lesser impact than it would have had, say, 3 years ago. 3, 4, 5 years ago this milan team might have ended the season in the second half of the table..... now i wouldn't be that surprised if it would end the season in 2nd position.
Zeem said:
You forgot one Dominic! The hairstyles are really bad in the team. I thought Berlusconi cared about this stuff?!
or maybe he's just jealous he doesn't have enough hair to style them. :P

Hello, I am going to Milan this week. Can I buy AC Milan tickets on match day? How early I should be at the stadium?

Thanks for every answer.

Hi mate, got your PM too.

Atalanta isn't too big a game, so I'm sure you can get tickets on match day at San Siro. Just go to the official biglietteria. If you want to buy tickets earlier, you can go to the Milan store behind the Duomo or any bank called 'Intesa Sanpaolo' - all you need to do is ask how to buy Milan tickets.

If I were you, I'd be there around 1.5-2 hours before the game. Alternatively you can go during the day, as the match is at night. You can also enjoy a traditional sandwich with porchetta (roast pork) or salamelle, and a nice beer :D - there will be hundreds of trucks serving this. It's also nice to be at San Siro a bit earlier because there's quite a fun feeling and the curva start their singing very early. If I were you I would also check the stadium plan so you know which area you want to sit. I always usually sit on Orange - and the view from 1st and 2nd level is great.

I usually get my tickets from the bank during the day - they will ask for ID and will give you a screen to choose your seats.

If you're still not sure - the best thing to do is contact AC Milan directly. They should speak English - here's one of their details: http://www.acmilan.com/en/shop

Last edited:

Sorry for bothering you.

I was on third red on Match and it was great too. But I had ticket from travel agency. So all I need is be at San Siro about 2 hours before match and go to Sud stand where is biglietteria?

There are 2 just outside of San Siro - called 'Biglietteria'. If you ask any of the police officers or anyone there, they can show you easily.

If I were you, I would check with the banks around Milan first so you don't have to rush when you are at San Siro.

Ok, thanks. I found one bank Intesa Sanpaolo near Duomo so all I need is come in and ask tham for tickets? Because I don't know any italian words :D and I never do this before. Well thank you for your help I will try it. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom