Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

Seeing Bonera with the captain's armband reminded me of the glory days when Baresi and Maldini used to hold it. :LOL: What a mess was he yesterday.

Lazio was never an easy game for Milan but yesterday was another level. Milan have a weak defence and no creativity upfront. Fighting for relegation now. Nocerino and Boateng. :TTTH:

Lazio played really good. They were very solid at the back with Dias who is a very underrated defender and having a player like Candreva play like that with Klose and Hernanes helps. Check out his stunner goal.

YouTube - Antonio Candreva AMAZING Goal Lazio Vs Ac MILAN 2-0 2012

What's with our random pair of centre backs every single game? And boy, Amelia never gives me confidence.

Only good news from last night is that El Sharaawy is great and that Pato is back. I'm taking bets for when Pato will be injured next. My bet is the next game he'll start in.

its the worst Milan side I've seen in my lifetime. Not that I am complaining :D

Pato is very over rated. I like El Sharaawy though looks a good talent.

I got a tipoff from a journalist that Ben is in negotiations to be the next Palermo manager :P
It's a possibility. Zamparini is clueless! I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Ben the job.

:P
He got the job but was sacked before it was made public. :P

:LOL:
aah, the palermo job, that's the dream guys!... i mean seriously, i love my job and i never desired to be a coach (nor a football player) in my life, but seriously, can u think of any better occupation than coaching palermo??
u sign a 2 years contract for around 500k per year... wich means u sign for a total of 1 million (that's the usual zamparini deal).... then u get to work for 2, 3 months tops.... just until zamparini grows tired of u.... and after that, u get sacked and get to spend the remaining 20 months of your contract enjoying your free time and zamparini's money.....
now that's living!!! :COOL:

sadly, unlike palermo coaches, i do have to work for a living... and i had to do a lot of that lately, wich is why i haven't been around that much.

but don't worry guys, if i should ever get tired of my job and decide to try my hand at coaching, i won't forget u..... the moment zamparini calls me, i'll tell u guys to pack your your bags and come right here to work as my staff :DD

Last edited:

Yesterday was a refereeing disaster. It is really a shame when a team like Catania scores against Juve and then get the goal unfairly disallowed. Then Juve went on to win from an offside goal. The same linesman in both cases had a nightmare. He signaled a goal then changed his mind 7 seconds later.

And just to be fair, Milan's goal against Genoa was offside as well.

And just to be fair, never miss a Roma game. 2-0 up to then blow it all up. 2-3!! :LOL: They are a joy to watch in some parts of the game. They put in so much energy in their plays and are reaching their peak now. Don't know how it will be if this catches up later on in the season.

YouTube - Catania 0-1 Juventus 28-10-2012 Full Match Highlights - HD Quality Video

Last edited:

Well done El Sharaawy for scoring AGAIN. Top scorer of Serie A :D

Well done to Bojan for really proving his critics wrong tonight - he was phenomenal. I thought that Constant had solid game too, apart from that 1 fuck up in the first half.

Juve 1 THE MIGHTY Inter 3!

I am very drubk we stop Old Lady unbeaten run at 48 games!

Was 49 games actually. And Inter deserved it. We were very poor today, just like our last matches. It was a matter of time before someone took advantage of it.

The match was sooo great ! And it gives back interest to the championship too !
That is Derby d'Italia how I like them !

amazing match , I wish Juve dd better but Inter was just to good !

it gonna be Juve vs Inter this season I guess all tho its to early !

seems this season Lecce is going to be unbeaten :P

I've not followed too much footy, but gave this a watch and it was an absolutely fantastic game.

Inter were brilliant.

FD

Here's a thread for peeps who would like to discuss Italian football in general
16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

A pretty decent chance we might not see an Italian team in the CL after the group stages. Juventus I think blew their chances in the away game against Nordsjaelland and there are no easy games for Milan anymore.

You looking forward to the matches this week Prof on Eurosport?
16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

Last edited:

De Sciglio was the huge surprise for me. The way he handled Asamoah was immense. He has much more potential than Abate had.

Winning with a ref error against Juve makes it much more sweeter.

Last edited:

Also loved the banner towards Pato.... his words really irritate me. He's asking for more games... but he's not even on the bench for them because of injury!

You're totally right about De Sciglio! Amazing personality and composure. Great thing is that he can play both left and right side. If he can work on his crossing, he can be the real deal.

Montolivo was a beast! Juve were quite poor though.

true and true. i don't know what happened to monto, but he's been a completely different player ever since the euro this summer. he always had the talent, but i've never seen him playing with such personality. very impressive.... and also quite unexpected (at this point in his career i had given up any hope on monto growing some balls.... i guess better late than ever!).

as for juve, this season they still haven't shown that amazing football they displayed last season. they're still doing great because serie a's average level is quite poor and even the CL opposition wasn't that much: chelsea is quite a mediocre team and the only good football team they faced (shaktar) caused them some serious truobles.
the team has definitely improved from last season (asamoah is a huge addition, bonucci is blossoming into that amazing cb he's supposed to become, pogba had an great impact and also giovinco and isla will come good), but conte's absence is clearely a problem. i still can't believe he had to suffer such an unfair disqualification.... what an outrageous ruling. i'm not even a juve fan and i'm still pissed off, i can't imagine how juve fans must feel about it.

btw, speaking of this summer's italian massive cock-up, u guys remember the criscito story? he was issued a notice of invedstigation this summer while he was leaving with the azzurri for the euros. he was basically forced to miss the euros (not to mention the humiliation).
well, as it turned out, criscito had absolutely no involvment whatsoever and wasn't even charged with anything. if i were criscito i would demand some official apologies at the very least.

criscito not even charged with anything, bonucci tried and found completely innocent, conte unexplainably found guilty (despite the absolute lack of any sort of evidence)....... what a fine job!!!

Yes Ben, one has to feel sorry for Criscito.
It was common knowledge (i.e. in all the media all over the world) that he was under suspicion. Not that he is proven innocent, nobody bothers with it.

Back
Top Bottom