Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

it was raining so heavily yesterday that the tv lost the signal and i missed the entire extra time :CONF:

anyway what was that about? roma playing a 3-4-3? we witnessed history yesterday.... for the first time in 30 years zeman did not line up a 4-3-3 :BLINK:
and what's even more surprising... de rossi was playing! speaking of de rossi, i gotta say the way daniele is handling himself in such a difficult situation speaks volume about his dignity and professionalism.
he'd have every right to complain or to ask for a transfer (the guy would be an unquestioned starter in every formation in the world... including barça), and yet he keeps his head down, his mouth shut and gives everything he has, whenever he's given the chance. he kinda reminds me of how del piero handled himself in a quite similar situation.
class act.

anyway, back to yesterday's game, that was the weirdest roma performance since zeman took over (and that is something!). clearely zeman doesn't feel right whenever he gets out of his confort zone.

it was nice to see destro playing in his role. apparently milan were after him (el sharaawi-destro, now that would be fun to watch!), but roma refused to even negotiate a transfer.
i still don't understand why roma went for destro, considering they already had osvaldo and zeman only plays a 4-3-3.
and it still blows my mind to think they got rid of borini (who was absolutely perfect for zeman's football) in order to get mattia.

it's a shame to see such a talented youngster as destro wasting his time in roma.

So who is playing instead of de Rossi, Bradley? I haven't been able to watch much serie a this year since bein sport fucked over football fans over here

Zeman plays Tachtsidis over one of them at times and he once said he sees the Greek more creative player than those two and prefers him when more creativity is needed in midfield. sounds strange to me but that's Zeman for you.

it's becoming a bad joke really.
it's pretty much as if sir alex would say "i think i'm gonna give the starting spot to macheda, as he's more of a scoring threat than van persie".
it's not even funny honestly....
and yeah, for being a defensive midfielder, daniele really lacks of flair and creativity :CONF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf-Dquip068

on a different note, napoli's penalization has been cancelled and they've been given back their 2 points. :BOP:
a little bit of justice from the federation.... at last.

[/url]

on a different note, napoli's penalization has been cancelled and they've been given back their 2 points. :BOP:
a little bit of justice from the federation.... at last.

yeah also 6 months susspend for Cannavaro & Grava has been canceled

now something I dont get from Italian Federation is this , I mean how you can do such a dessision when you dont even know yet whats is going to happen ?
example Lecce is on Serie C now and they haven't say the final desision yet ? now what will happen if Lecce didn't have fault for any of those ? they are already on serie C ...???

get your facts together and make a desision , before you do any big wrong !

yeah also 6 months susspend for Cannavaro & Grava has been canceled

now something I dont get from Italian Federation is this , I mean how you can do such a dessision when you dont even know yet whats is going to happen ?
example Lecce is on Serie C now and they haven't say the final desision yet ? now what will happen if Lecce didn't have fault for any of those ? they are already on serie C ...???

get your facts together and make a desision , before you do any big wrong !

yeah... sport law needs some serious reform in italy.
thanks for the great post, lo zio. a very enlightening read as always from you. I'm so looking forward to Serie A being at its best as in the good old days. Serie A is special.
thanks buddy. as for serie a getting back to its former level, i'm afraid that's not gonna happen any time soon.
people today focus only on the quality of the players, wich is hardly an indicator of how good a league is. 11 teams (out of 20) in serie a today display the exact same formation (3-5-2)..... that's imo a much more worrying fact than the lack of big stars.
i for one, wellcome the second birth of the libero (wich is a nice thing imo)..... but this tactical uniformity, this omologation, it's everything but a good sign for serie a.

so Zeman's finally sacked by Roma. Zeman sucks and I don't really care about him but this decision of Roma made me very happy for De Rossi. a player like him being benched is just a crime against football. and that was also very nice to know that staying loyal to Roma proved a very smart choice for him. well done and congrats to Daniele. football is more beautiful with players like him.

p.s. I thought it was a one off from Petkovic for the game vs Juve in Coppa but he also seems to stick with 3-5-2 indeed. *facepalm*

Last edited:

Jesus ...and I thought PL refs were shite.

Happy for Mario but I smell:
img_606X341_2309-football-corruption-italy.jpg

Mario always wanted the Milan move no secret. I think it was impossible to go from inter, and possibly Mario`s antics were motive to move from City to Milan. The boy is finally home :BOP: he fits like a glove too at Milan .

Oh dear...

i.e. Your previous comment is a bit rich, especially coming from a City fan (pun intended).

Mario always wanted the Milan move no secret. I think it was impossible to go from inter, and possibly Mario`s antics were motive to move from City to Milan. The boy is finally home :BOP: he fits like a glove too at Milan .

+1

Super Mario has made serie a more rich ! He's really good players like him hope he does well at team he LOVES !

Galliani says Mario carries the charisma Zlatan did back when he was at Milan.

Good point from him. I like Balotelli, yes he can be an idiot at times, but overall he doesn't do scandalous things off the pitch. Most things he does off the pitch are funny and in a goodhearted nature. He can lose his head on the pitch, but I think that it was more to blame on the pressure on that was put on him at City. He looks like he's enjoying himself now playing for Milan and that is what he needs at this point of his career. I don't think he'll do a lot of stupid things on the pitch at Milan like he did at City sometimes.

Gasperini fired, how long until lo zio get's approached? :D

i.e. Your previous comment is a bit rich, especially coming from a City fan (pun intended).

You just didn't get what I was referring to.

I was referring to the insane penalty decision in context of the Italian match fixing scandal.

Not Mario's wages.

Every time there is a dubious call in Italy people refer to referee fixing scandals, while in other countries it's almost always blamed on the referee having a bad match. This isn't fair, if there is stuff like this happening it WILL be noticed, the FIGC are extremely tight on this now, somtimes even exagerrating.

Every time there is a dubious call in Italy people refer to referee fixing scandals, while in other countries it's almost always blamed on the referee having a bad match. This isn't fair, if there is stuff like this happening it WILL be noticed, the FIGC are extremely tight on this now, somtimes even exagerrating.

yeah it's kinda unfair, but understandable. i mean it's gonna take a long time for italy to clean its reputation from the calciopoli scandal stain.
but yeah, that was obviously just a mistake by the ref.... and not even a very blatant one, if i have to be honest.

kanoutè said:
so Zeman's finally sacked by Roma. Zeman sucks and I don't really care about him but this decision of Roma made me very happy for De Rossi. a player like him being benched is just a crime against football. and that was also very nice to know that staying loyal to Roma proved a very smart choice for him. well done and congrats to Daniele. football is more beautiful with players like him.
no arguments there. i'm a big fan of zdenek, but he really brought this on himself. nevermind the disappointing results (when u hire zeman, u know what u're signing up for... frustrating results are to be expected)..... the biggest disappointment is that we never got to see zeman's football. i can imagine many of u guys (i mean those of u who never saw zeman's teams before), at some point during the season probably wondered "what the fuss was all about". yes, roma was entertaining (they scored like crazy and conceded almost as much), but high scoring and poor defending only means entertainment.... and entertaining football doesn't always equal to high quality football. the truth is the quality of the football displayed by roma this season wasa nowhere near zeman's standards.
however zeman himself is the one to blame for that, as he didn't assemble a team fit to play his football. many of us have been saying it in this very thread for months (ever since september).... "this is not a zeman's team" . where are the wingers? where is the regista?. i thought perhaps there was something i was missing, but it's now fair to say there wasn't. i thought zeman would have eventually figured it out, but clearely he didn't.

having said that, this team can do much better than this. roma's defense is a bit shaky (although most of their mistakes were caused by zeman's "high line".... besides i really like that marquinhos kid!), but their midfield and offense are filled with great players.

and then there were the destro and de rossi affaires. spending 15 millions (wich are a lot of money in the italian market!) on such a talented young player, only to give him garbage-time and play him out of position.... this is madness. both the coach and the club are to blame here.

and the same goes for the de rossi situation. the club should have stepped in concerning de rossi's situation. i agree owners and directors shouldn't usually interfere with coaching decisions, but that was unacceptable, not only from a footbal point of view, but also from a financial point of view. roma gave de rossi a huge contract extension just a few months ago and he has now the richest contract in the club (and possibly in the entire league). u can't have your most valuable asset, your most expensive player, a world class player in his prime, wasting his time on the bench, no matter what the coach thinks. baldini should have made this very clear to zeman "it's not a matter of whether to play him or not... it's only a matter of where to play him. do whatever u feel with this team, line up totti as a gk if u want.... but don't question de rossi's role at this club... coz if u force us to choose between him and u.... well it won't be much of a choice".

Last edited:

Well he actually smiled when he scored on Sunday. What is even more surprising is that he was about to run and celebrate but then he must have remembered that a postman never celebrates when he delivers the mail and stopped. :LOL: Hopefully this move comes out good. Every Italian wants to see Balotelli fulfill his potential, except Inter fans.

A weird I just read is that Milan have put a representative to watch over Niang and I think even live with him. Is this common? He did some stuff at the start of the season but then Allegri begins starting him and we see a very disciplined player who tracks back a lot. What a great talent!

Klose out for two months. Big blow for Lazio. Good thing they didn't sell Kozak in the market when Chelsea offered 50M. :LOL:

Gasperini fired, how long until lo zio get's approached?

Palermo might break a European record this season. :D

no arguments there. i'm a big fan of zdenek, but he really brought this on himself. nevermind the disappointing results (when u hire zeman, u know what u're signing up for... frustrating results are to be expected)..... the biggest disappointment is that we never got to see zeman's football. i can imagine many of u guys (i mean those of u who never saw zeman's teams before), at some point during the season probably wondered "what the fuss was all about". yes, roma was entertaining (they scored like crazy and conceded almost as much), but high scoring and poor defending only means entertainment.... and entertaining football doesn't always equal to high quality football. the truth is the quality of the football displayed by roma this season wasa nowhere near zeman's standards.
however zeman himself is the one to blame for that, as he didn't assemble a team fit to play his football. many of us have been saying it in this very thread for months (ever since september).... "this is not a zeman's team" . where are the wingers? where is the regista?. i thought perhaps there was something i was missing, but it's now fair to say there wasn't. i thought zeman would have eventually figured it out, but clearely he didn't.

having said that, this team can do much better than this. roma's defense is a bit shaky (although most of their mistakes were caused by zeman's "high line".... besides i really like that marquinhos kid!), but their midfield and offense are filled with great players.

and then there were the destro and de rossi affaires. spending 15 millions (wich are a lot of money in the italian market!) on such a talented young player, only to give him garbage-time and play him out of position.... this is madness. both the coach and the club are to blame here.

and the same goes for the de rossi situation. the club should have stepped in concerning de rossi's situation. i agree owners and directors shouldn't usually interfere with coaching decisions, but that was unacceptable, not only from a footbal point of view, but also from a financial point of view. roma gave de rossi a huge contract extension just a few months ago and he has now the richest contract in the club (and possibly in the entire league). u can't have your most valuable asset, your most expensive player, a world class player in his prime, wasting his time on the bench, no matter what the coach thinks. baldini should have made this very clear to zeman "it's not a matter of whether to play him or not... it's only a matter of where to play him. do whatever u feel with this team, line up totti as a gk if u want.... but don't question de rossi's role at this club... coz he u force us to choose between him and u.... well it won't be much of a choice".

I'm big fan of Zeman too , hes really good trainer but I think he should be with any "low/middle table" team now teams like Roma , this guy make some REAL football and amazing to watch

I hope when Lecce back on Serie A they hire him , he need a team with no presure if he lose and drop points , than we can see some real football again :D , I still watch those videos of Lecce under Zeman and I can say it was best team to watch on serie a so far :D

FORZA LECCE

He's Plan M, a member that was banned multiple times for stirring shit and trolling. His alias is quite ironic, seeing as he used to always make fun of Serie A.

He was pretending to be foreign.

Back
Top Bottom