Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

I think Maldini has been our best defender of late. Favalli will play which I think is good since hes also in form. Simic and Kaladze are the clumsy ones!

I think Maldini has been our best defender of late. Favalli will play which I think is good since hes also in form. Simic and Kaladze are the clumsy ones!

Favalli gonna play? I thought we would stick with Bonera after the decent display against Cagliari.

Yeh Kaladze is the one I dredd the most, but compared to Nesta everyone would look much worse. I remember Kahka's performance against Man Utd last year at home, he was awesome and makes me think he still has it in him to produce a performance. He's made loads of errors this season though, giving away penalties and diving in too soon and rashly.

I prefer Maldini at left back, he still gets up and down incredibly.

Milanista said:
It seems Ronaldinho is almost certainly going to Milan. I just got back today from Milano and I saw Galliani, Nuno Assiss (Ronaldinho's brother and agent) and Bronzetti (Milan's agent) in Via Turati!!!!!!!

u were in milano yesterday?? me too!!
next time i'll be in milano i'll pm you... if u'll be there too we might have a glass of wine somewhere :))

Milanista said:
Anyway... how awesome was Amauri's goal against Juve??? I know you guys talked about it but I'm a week late... Cassani's shot in the last minutes was also awesome, great to see Palermo winning again. Ben did you watch the game on SKY? Did you hear Caressa call Sissoko a freak of nature? Because of his crazy game??
i was at the stadium, so i missed caressa's show.... however it was a great show at the Renzo Barbera too ;))
the whole grandstand was about to fall down when cassani scored :DD

Biggest talking point for me is FIORENTINA in UEFA cup. Truely great performance and strong unity by the team. Prandelli again, showing his talent.

yep. i watched the game and it was really nice. montolivo was fucking awesome!!! Now fiorentina's strenght will be fully tested.... they'll have to resist to milan, udinese and samp attacks for the 4 place in serie a.... and they'll also have to show respect for the uefa cup, trying to do their best....(once u reach the semifinals, u just can't leave aside the competition anymore).
it will be very hard to mantain the necessary coolness and to stay focused on both targets...... in fact i think they will miss either one achievement (the uefa cup or the 4th place)..... this season ending is maybe a bit too much for a "wannabe top club" like fiorentina.... but u never know.
talking about prandelli, there are no words to describe his talent :))

On a side note, if any of you know the show Stricia, they had a clip of Mancini stuck in an elevator for 40 minutes! Was quite funny if you heard the questions they asked him.
i didn't watch it, but my girl told me it was very funny :DD

Adonis said:
Favalli gonna play? I thought we would stick with Bonera after the decent display against Cagliari.
decent???:BLINK:
i'd rather say FANTASTIC! he was amazing last week against cagliari!:))

talking about kaladze, he had a few bad games, that's true..... but i honestly wouldn't define him clumsy... anybody would have a damn tough job protecting milan's box this season...
besides, like u correctly pointed out, everybody would look much worse beside nesta.:))

Yep Ben, i was there for a week. I go back during every holiday i have. My grandparents live there.

I'd rather Bonera plays instead of Simic. Favalli-Maldini-Kaladze-Bonera is what I'd prefer against Juve.

I'd rather Bonera plays instead of Simic. Favalli-Maldini-Kaladze-Bonera is what I'd prefer against Juve.

lol I forgot Oddo was still injured, just assumed you meant Favalli would start instead of Bonera.

Whats everyones thinking of the Juve game? IF we win and Fiorentina get beat by the nerazzuri, its going to be very close. Perhaps Juve even finish 5th?

Obviously, if we get beat and the Viola win...:( I'd never thought I'd say this but I hope Inter do us a favour.

what a nice avatar, Prof! u should post here more often :-pp

btw there are a lot of terrific matches this week end... as usual btw...

inter - fiorentina
juve - milan
udinese - roma
napoli - atalanta
and
PALERMO - CATANIA. the hottest derby in italy (together with genoa-samp and lazio-roma)

derbys in italy are usually pretty boring matches. the fans put too much pressure over the players for the entire week, so usually the teams just nullify each others.

u can win a derby, u can draw, but u absolutely can't loose it. that's what the fans usually ask. so when the match begins, the 2 teams are just too worried to concede spaces and scoring chances to the opponents.
few goals, conservative tactics, scared players.... not really a match u would like to watch.
actually the only good thing about derbys is the crowd. watching a derby from the stadium is such an intense experience. colors, smell, the banners, the chants (wich are written specifically for the derby, making fun of the opponent fans)... u can really feel the atmosphere getting "electric"...

however talking about the quality of the football, there is an exception: palermo - catania. unlike the other derbys in italy, palermo catania, is usually a fantastic match from every angle, the atmoshpere and the football.
palermo and catania fans don't seem to care about "not loosing the derby", so there's no room for a draw. it's everything or nothing, both teams know they have to try to win; the fans won't be mad if they will loose... they will be mad if they won't do their best to get a win.

just to prove what i'm talking about, here there are the last results
02/12/2007 Serie A Catania vs. Palermo 3:1
02/02/2007 Serie A Catania vs. Palermo 1:2
20/09/2006 Serie A Palermo vs. Catania 5:3
04/04/2004 Serie B Palermo vs. Catania 5:0
09/11/2003 Serie B Catania vs. Palermo 0:2
19/04/2003 Serie B Palermo vs. Catania 3:3
18/11/2002 Serie B Catania vs. Palermo 2:0

the match i highlighted (the 5 - 0) was the last serie b derby between palermo and catania..... a glorious day for palermo fans. there's a guy here in palermo who does some sort of match videoclips.

this is the clip of that match. it was the 04\04\2004, 4 years ago. take a look at it... it's worthy :))
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpxpfV1kD4&feature=related

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=50Psd5x2ABI&feature=related

EDIT:
Ste, fantastic video!!! very professional performance from caressa :LOL:

"'a Robè, aggiustate er ciuffo" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

this is a pic of a shop window (it's a sport outfit store here in palermo)

larosavetrinabymaxumalayz6.jpg

larosaalessandros0001jpzh1.jpg

:-pp

sorry for double posting :-pp

Haha nice pics. Theres Juve-Milan tonight and I really fear the consequences. I wont be able to watch the game because I'm going to a Muse concert tonight!

I actually hope Zenga manages to get a win, because im a fan of uomo ragno. I played football against his son, he went to the International school of Milan, and I went to the British school, so there was rivalry. I like Palermo too, but I think Palermo will grab the win.

I think it will happen. Even if we don't get CL. I think Ronaldinho's move is more to do with his general happiness than success. His agent has been in Milan all week, theres videos everywhere and interviews everywhere when I was there this week.

He's going to be with Dida, Cafu, Kaka, Pato, Ronaldo and Emerson....

His brother helped us get Pato and Emerson already, and Milan's relations with Laporta are very good, its also Berlusconi's dream.

I'm unhappy at the links with Sheva though, unfortunately I think they are true too... but Sheva is treated like a traitor by loads of fans i saw in Milan, also tv shows were calling him a traitor. So I'm almost certain he wont have much say if he was a bench warmer. Ancelotti also said on the show Le Iene that he was a traitor, and theres some bitterness between the 2.

I'm unhappy at the links with Sheva though, unfortunately I think they are true too... but Sheva is treated like a traitor by loads of fans i saw in Milan, also tv shows were calling him a traitor. So I'm almost certain he wont have much say if he was a bench warmer. Ancelotti also said on the show Le Iene that he was a traitor, and theres some bitterness between the 2.

Im perhaps more open to the idea. I think many fans are very fickle tbh. If Sheva comes back and scores some goals at the start of the season everyone would love him again. I also think we need to protect Pato a little more, and with Sheva having similar chracteristics it would help to alternate the two. Pato is one for the future, reminds me a little of when Cristiano Ronaldo went to Man Utd. Loads of talent but not using it in the right/most productive way.

He probably still has it in him, but I fear it might cause problems amongst the team. Milan is generally quite 'happy' and completely unlike Inter (Zlatan fighting and arguing etc). I also hope if we sign him, its at a bargain price.

I'm annoyed at his reasons for leaving. The whole English speaking thing is a load of BS and when he went into the curva saying he will never leave pissed a lot of people off.

very good performing football today 3-2 ( very physical and high tempo too :)) ) thought Serie A played cautiously was wrong by today`s standards

:(

That makes 4th place virtually impossible now. Stupid tackle by Bonera, after all the praise we were giving him on here aswell.

This season is so hard to take. We were poor in the CL and have been shocking all season. Although we won two cups (super cup and world club cup), they are meaningless when you compare it to everything else. They're just something to pop on a cv.

Didn't see the game, just the highlights. Looks like I missed a good game. Juve's 2nd goal looked offside.

Now that we're out of CL basically, it means we will have to earn it all back next year. It might be a blessing in disguise, look at Bayern now.

I was just thinking the same about Bayern.

It will be weird without Milan in the CL, just like it was this season without BM. Ever since I went to San Siro when I was young I've followed them and watched them do so well in Europe so it will feel like something is missing.

Now that there's a good chance they will only make the UEFA Cup, hopefully this will be the kick up the arse they need to get back on track for next season.

so relieved Fiorentina lost.

away to Livorno next. Bottom of the table so they gonna be fighting for their lives. Gonna be very interesting.

I know what everyone is saying about how its a good reality shock for the team, but I feel they have that anyway. Finishing fourth or not wont effect what Milan do in the transfer market this summer, there's going to be some major changes with the team.

If anything finishing out of the top four will cause problems when trying to sign the stars and we wont be able to rebuild as we would like.

Ben, can you tell me a bit about Pasquale Foggia?

Rumors are that Liverpool have signed him on a free. Probably BS, but would still like to know about him ;)

Ben, can you tell me a bit about Pasquale Foggia?

Rumors are that Liverpool have signed him on a free. Probably BS, but would still like to know about him ;)

pasquale is an extremely talented left footed winger. very fast, fantastic ball control in tight spaces, great dribbling, great shot and very, very good passing game.
he's a pure left footed, but he's actually good with the right foot too.

he also has a very good vision (especially if u consider how young and unexperienced he is).

talking about his weaknesses, instead, his performances are usually effected by his mood. when he's ok, he can be a real factor... when he's not in the right mood u almost can't notice his presence on the pitch (but i guess this is due to his lack of experience... he's 25 but he plays in serie since just 3 years).

another flaw is that he's not really a "team player". he usually doesn't move back to the midfield when the opponents get the ball. he's a fantastic "team player" when the ball is in the opponent's midfield, serving assists and short passes combinations.... but once the opponents get the ball, he usually falls asleep.
but maybe he will improve this aspect too, in the next few years.
at the moment we could say he's more a simao-like player than a taddei-like player.

however, if i could choose a winger for my team, between him, mancini, langella, esposito, papa waigo, gasbarroni or brienza, i would definitely pick foggia.

at the moment he's co-owned by lazio and cagliari. he might be palermo's target player next summer, if bresciano will leave :))

------------------------------------------------------------

a lot of fantastic games last week.
as for me, i guess i was the only non-inter fan in italy who was hoping for an inter victory yesterday.
i did a hell of a bet, and inter's victory granted me 800 euros :EASY::DANCE:

Last edited:

Nice, congrats you bastard :D.

:DD
and they could have been 1200 euros if hamburger would have won..... damn duisburg! :MAD:

talking about the best 11..... may i pick also 1 backup for each role? coz he's damn tough to choose just 1 player.

----------------------------------------------amauri
----------------------------------------------(cruz)
-------------------------------di natale----------------cassano or del piero
-------------------------------(mutu)-------------------(camoranesi or quagliarella)

----------------------------montolivo--------cambiasso-------de rossi
----------------------------(tissone)-----------(liverani)-------(zanetti)

-----------chivu-------------------samuel----------------zapata---------------maggio
-----------(comotto)-------------(gamberini)-------------(carrozzieri)--------(maicon)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and this would be my rookies\youngguns picks

------------------------------------------------acquafresca
------------------------------------lavezzi----------------------hamsik
------------------------------------(giovinco)-------------------(diamanti)

-----------------------------juric---------------marchisio-----------cigarini
-----------------------------halfredsson---------gargano-----------kuzmanovic

------dossena-----------------------------cannavaro jr.--------domizzi-------------------mesto
------(vargas)------------------------------(knezevic)----------(marzorati)---------------(raggi)

i picked dossena and vargas for the left back position..... but it's really hard to keep de silvestri, radu and kolarov out :anx:

and maybe borriello should take cruz's spot as amauri's backup.

what about your picks, Dom? :))

Last edited:

Good end-to end stuff from Roma / udinese
Di Natale has had a fantastic season.

And then we saw the a bit of great skill
from Vucinic.

Talking about the race 4th place which has
been more interesting than the one in the EPL,
where the hell have sampdoria come from?

Back
Top Bottom