Sony PlayStation

Guys, if you got some (cheap, even 500 MO is enough to me) SSD to purpose, not external but the one you put into the console, you can put some links.
I founded some, but i got no clue about how good it's for a PS5 in fact.

I already asked advice about a 4k TV years ago, and i'm more than satisfy with one of the 2 models guys here like @Lami purposed to me (thanks again mate), one Samsung and one LG (the Samsung wasn't possible to get in my country, was his first choice for Gaming i think, but i'm VERY happy with my LG + they added a lot of new stuffs and corrected some isssues / like every smart TV)

So if you got some SSD you could put on your console as an advice, don't hesitate to post. I'm not a pro about it neither so...
One of that kind : my PS4 is already big enough for my TV cabinets (the furniture is pretty big with big place to store i don't know, eveything i don't really care / inside the big drawers there's nothing in fact, but not the "empty" case where i put my PS5 and the others things i'm using is small. I didn't buyed it otherwhise i would have choosen something more convenient but... Whatever.

I talk about SSD you can store in the console like from the vid here of course (didn't even know a week later that you could've do that... Seriously, sometimes i feel like i'm in the future like Marty McFly)

Guys, if you got some (cheap, even 500 MO is enough to me) SSD to purpose, not external but the one you put into the console, you can put some links.
I founded some, but i got no clue about how good it's for a PS5 in fact.

I already asked advice about a 4k TV years ago, and i'm more than satisfy with one of the 2 models guys here like @Lami purposed to me (thanks again mate), one Samsung and one LG (the Samsung wasn't possible to get in my country, was his first choice for Gaming i think, but i'm VERY happy with my LG + they added a lot of new stuffs and corrected some isssues / like every smart TV)

So if you got some SSD you could put on your console as an advice, don't hesitate to post. I'm not a pro about it neither so...
One of that kind : my PS4 is already big enough for my TV cabinets (the furniture is pretty big with big place to store i don't know, eveything i don't really care / inside the big drawers there's nothing in fact, but not the "empty" case where i put my PS5 and the others things i'm using is small. I didn't buyed it otherwhise i would have choosen something more convenient but... Whatever.

I talk about SSD you can store in the console like from the vid here of course (didn't even know a week later that you could've do that... Seriously, sometimes i feel like i'm in the future like Marty McFly)
@bsmaff installed a new drive. He is the man…

Thanks @PRO_TOO for the info mate.
It should'n't be complicated to do but i prefers to ask, as i'm a bit lost with the SSD and differences, let's say "an SSD which fits for the PS5... But not too expensive"
I got enough with 500 gigas, don't really need 1 Tera.
BTW i was very surpised when i discovered than there's less space on my PS5 than on my PS4 pro lol. 850 gigas.... I thinked at least there would be 1 Tera minimum.
Got too much applications to erase, and got to makes choices etc. pretty annoying. But the price for a 1 Tera SSD is even more annoying to be honest.

PS+ is shit? It's been pumping out far better offerings than GwG, MS is not even trying in that department as they clearly want everyone on Gamepass.

Sony don't need a Gamepass service as a priority personally, MS can take the financial hit because they have deep pockets. PS Now actually offers quite a bit anyway, and I'm sure at some point PS5 games will be on the service.
I agree that it’s better than GWG, which hasn’t had a decent game for years. But like you say, everyone will be on GP eventually.

PS Now is a cool idea, I’m going to sign up for the trial I think.

At last, this since playstation 2.. :D..
16325638284111222535526358937138.jpg
Had a ps4 pro for a month than sell it becoz no time to play. Well i actually prefer playing on pc. Anyway, I have ea play through pc game pass.. can i use it with PS5 ?

Thanks @PRO_TOO for the info mate.
It should'n't be complicated to do but i prefers to ask, as i'm a bit lost with the SSD and differences, let's say "an SSD which fits for the PS5... But not too expensive"
I got enough with 500 gigas, don't really need 1 Tera.
BTW i was very surpised when i discovered than there's less space on my PS5 than on my PS4 pro lol. 850 gigas.... I thinked at least there would be 1 Tera minimum.
Got too much applications to erase, and got to makes choices etc. pretty annoying. But the price for a 1 Tera SSD is even more annoying to be honest.

Upgrading the SSD on the PS5 is probably one of the easiest things I have ever done.
You take the case of by unclipping it and pulling it and then there is a cover you unscrew and just put the SSD in.

When you turn the PS5 back on it detects the drive and formats it.

As for drives there is plenty of recommendations around the drives, but basically any PCIe 4.0 SSD will work with it, with no difference in performance to the internal SSD.

Personally I bought a NEW 1TB Samsung PM9A1 for £90 on eBay, which is an OEM Samsung 980 Pro, so got a really good bargain.
As for the heatsink, just get anything the one I bought was just a £10 on amazon and does the trick.

I saw a 70 euros with 500 gigas (don't need more in fact). It's just that i heard the PS5 SSD was "super fast" so i wasn't pretty sure which one i should buy, if i need a special one to fit with the PS5 futures games that will use the "speed" of the PS5 SSD.
Or it's something else related to the Hard disk, i didn't really checked what was the + about that stuff. Or if it's just the fact that it's an SSD, nothing more.

Getting the PS5 has been delayed a bit, but I should get it today, I will be sure to snap a photo of it like a proud dad. Looking to get the upgraded version of Ghost of Tsushima, and maybe Fifa 22? Really looking forward to petting a cat and having the Dualsense purr :D

I am debating with myself weather to put it horizontally under the tv or vertically to the side in a shelf, The tv stand is only open forward, so I feel there would be lack of air, but the other way is a bit more awkward, I have to make the shelf look a bit wonky just to have room for this thing, it will probably end up that way though because I'm sure the PS5 needs a lot of air to not overheat. Although I haven't heard much talk of overheating issues after the launch... maybe because so few people have it?

Last edited:
20210926_140156.jpg
So there it is, my brand new PS5, downloading Deathloop in rest mode. And yes that is Jesus behind it, holding a lamb and making sure that the new console doesn't overheat.

Yesterday was crazy, I voted in the general election in Iceland, then a guy brought me the machine (yes it was delivered home to my door by a friend of the guy who sold it to me, again I was very lucky with the purchase) and I took it inside, only to have to go collect sheep from the other side of the mountain all day. But it was all good, there is a tunnel through the mountain and my sheep are supposed to be home now anyway. So late last night I put on the Brentford - Liverpool game and started unpacking. I had never seen the actual console close up, or held the controller, and the white bits were more muted than I thought. I went through the starting procedures, but for some reason I could never make the PS4 transfer work as the PS5 would never recognize it on the network. But since I could just move all the saves to the cloud and bring them back on PS5, that wasn't really a problem. I connected an external drive with a bunch of games and it took a while for the PS5 to recognize the games enough to be able to play them straight from there, I think it needed to make some updates happen first.
Then there was some time to make it look decent on my TV. I had to "upgrade" the HDMI connection on the TV, a weird thing I went through with the Pro as well, but this was a different port. HDR is not my TV's strongest feature so I turned all of that off. I still felt like the colors were a bit off, but I could fix that with the TV settings.

I had a go with Astro's playroom, all the tiny vibration features are neat, but the one that truly impressed me was the skating on ice parts, they absolute nailed that. The different tension on the triggers is also really cool.
Between setting up, watching the match and following the election results, the day was over before I could check anymore stuff.
This morning, after googling it about twelve times, I decided that the 25 pound option for Ghost of Tsushima was the PS5 ugrade I needed. I set the download up and put the console in rest mode, and it was remarkably quick. At first the game looked a bit too clean to me, it had resolution up the wazoo but it felt a bit sterile. I tried switching between resolution and frame rate modes and saw absolutely no difference. But as I played a bit more, I found myself getting used to it pretty quick. And the loading times, they were already fast on the PS4 Pro but here the fast travel is almost done before I press the button. otherwise the most noticeable differences are the tension when drawing a bowstring back, and tiny vibriations whenever you pick something up.
When it comes to finding out what else to buy... well, I have to do the numbers.
I would get Returnal but I don't mind waiting on a discount. Miles Morales will be my Chrimbo game, so I will get that in December, who knows, there might even be a discount on that by then. Far Cry 6 is out soon and I will most likely play Fifa 22... so the numbers are already adding up to significant spending.
For now, I went for Deathloop like previously stated. I wanted something current, and I was always going to buy something new.

Navigating the interface is a bit of a pain, but it can be managed with some patience. The store is a mess though, they could deffo do a lot more work on all that stuff.

View attachment 123186
So there it is, my brand new PS5, downloading Deathloop in rest mode. And yes that is Jesus behind it, holding a lamb and making sure that the new console doesn't overheat.

Yesterday was crazy, I voted in the general election in Iceland, then a guy brought me the machine (yes it was delivered home to my door by a friend of the guy who sold it to me, again I was very lucky with the purchase) and I took it inside, only to have to go collect sheep from the other side of the mountain all day. But it was all good, there is a tunnel through the mountain and my sheep are supposed to be home now anyway.

Congrats!

dude, I find the sheep part incredibly interesting of an Iceland way of life. If possible snap a picture of the herd if you can. I need to get myself to Iceland

Enjoy the console!

Having played another level of Astro's playroom, that game is actually fantastic. I had a grin on the whole way through. The innovations in the dualsense are awesome, the feel of rain and hail for example, utterly brilliant.

Having played another level of Astro's playroom, that game is actually fantastic. I had a grin on the whole way through. The innovations in the dualsense are awesome, the feel of rain and hail for example, utterly brilliant.
So many lovely PS moments in this game. If you are a long time fan you will see a lot of stuff to grin and remember about! :D
It’s just a super cute game. And Astro became my personal favorite PS mascot.

Getting the PS5 has been delayed a bit, but I should get it today, I will be sure to snap a photo of it like a proud dad. Looking to get the upgraded version of Ghost of Tsushima, and maybe Fifa 22? Really looking forward to petting a cat and having the Dualsense purr :D

I am debating with myself weather to put it horizontally under the tv or vertically to the side in a shelf, The tv stand is only open forward, so I feel there would be lack of air, but the other way is a bit more awkward, I have to make the shelf look a bit wonky just to have room for this thing, it will probably end up that way though because I'm sure the PS5 needs a lot of air to not overheat. Although I haven't heard much talk of overheating issues after the launch... maybe because so few people have it?

Happy for you mate. I know how hard it was to get one. And there's no problem to put it horizontally, you got to use the "receptacle" to keep the keep the PS4 straight and put it over the console. There's nothing to block the PS5 but it's good like this. Just one simple thing, the DVD should be below, not above.
And check about the button too, first i thinked there wasn't one and the only way was "remove the disc" on the console.

But i didn't used it a lot : i will in 2 weeks / I got 3 games to start, one to finish, but not the time unfortunately. I saw Dark Souls 3 without slowdown, no aliasing.... Sincerlerely if i didn't got other game to focus, i would continue my 2nd run.

And Nioh, i got to explain if you don't have the game as there's 3 modes. But on PS5 it was 60fps 4k with all the special effects enabled. For that you set on the "mix" between Action mode and Cinema mode> action is 60fps 1080p but some resolution dropping for a normal PS4, less on a PRO.
Cinema is 4K with 30fps locked and some special effect in more. And the last, the "mixed" one Action/Variable depends will focus on the console power.
So on PS5, it's running on 4k, 60fps and all special effects. If you buy the NIOH full package with the 2 games together, you can up to 120fps NIOH 1. But NIOH 2 got an automatic DLC if you got a PS5.

Even if it's not the most beautiful game on PS4, i was like a child by trying some of my PS4 games. I didn't finished that one, i got to restart from zero... Too hardcore to found how to play the good way again, there's too much possibilities. Nioh 2 got a free DLC which transforms the game to PS5 with some effects, i got it but i didn't tried yet.

About GOW, i saw differences on vids it's day and night, but i don't know if there's a patch or just the PS5 power for a PS4 late game (so pushed to the PS4 limits) but the difference was impressive.

Welll, i take NIOH as an example, but there's a lot of PS4 games that can be a bit "refreshed" on PS5, and it's a pretty good think. I'm pretty sad they didn't released any patch for Bloodborne, and i don't think they will. It's my favorite PS4 game, so.... And i don't want a remake, that game deserves a big sequel (not in the devs plans at all unfortunately...) But i checked difference, it's the same as on the PS4 Pro with some graphicals mode from the console, not in game so, activated.

Just a quick jump in to tell you lot that Deathloop is delightfully original and lot of fun. I'll have more to say about it in the dedicated thread soon.

I just noticed that all PS4 games I download go automaticallly to the external disk drive. I don't think I set that up that way. It's very smart though, saves room on the SSD for the PS5 stuff.

Hell Let Loose can now be downloaded from the PSN store! a PS+ membership is required!
...just click the picture (takes you directly to the store page)! thats a service by myself! free of charge! just for YOU, comrade! ;)

Last edited:
Sick of those membership : i didn't buyed a PS+ because the game released each months since 2 years was very forgettable. Not like MGS 5 or even some fun games like i don't know, Injustice HD remake and plenty others interesting games.

And all the other game i got i can play offline without having PS+.
Well i lost plenty of game i ddl from PS+: wasn't aware that you'll need to have it or you're not to play those previously downloaded games, like Heavy Rain etc.
Well, i will see what they purpose in November as games.

So this morning I thought to myself let’s start this week of vacation with something useful. right after breakfast I opened up my baby and cleaned it like it hasn’t been cleaned before. It was about time. Pretty happy now as it looks like kinda new, much better than before anyway.
32D3A6CA-DC10-47DA-966F-7819311CB763.jpeg
32220320-F29F-4ADF-9F13-C04ABE2B6008.jpeg 4BFD38DF-F504-43D2-B10E-28F2AC0F91BB.jpeg 0C87AECC-CCBA-47F7-A119-E11544F9CA80.jpeg

Well i got mine just mine and they got ban :D

Now i see this DBrands plates in eBay they are sells 5-10 times over the original price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom