Sony PlayStation

10 pounds for me to update to the Uncharted collection, which I will gladly do as some technical issues messed up Lost Legacy for me back in the day and I never finished it. But again the size of the SSD is tripping me up, this thing is 90GB.
I wonder if it's possible to download only one of the games... I could probably Google that :THINK:

10 pounds for me to update to the Uncharted collection, which I will gladly do as some technical issues messed up Lost Legacy for me back in the day and I never finished it. But again the size of the SSD is tripping me up, this thing is 90GB.
I wonder if it's possible to download only one of the games... I could probably Google that :THINK:
I guess the collection is a whole thing… so no seperate Downloads. Not 100% sure though.
great collection, that I’m very sure of!! 👍

Worth pointing out that if you have just one of the games, you still get the collection for the 10 pounds. The problems start if you only have the games on disc and bought a discless PS5... Then you are pretty much boned.

I think I will get it even if it's a one chunk download, it's been long enough since I played 4 that I could do it again and have a blast. I have some stuff I can delete. I do kind of want to play 3 again, that game has some outstanding scenes as well.

Worth pointing out that if you have just one of the games, you still get the collection for the 10 pounds. The problems start if you only have the games on disc and bought a discless PS5... Then you are pretty much boned.

I think I will get it even if it's a one chunk download, it's been long enough since I played 4 that I could do it again and have a blast. I have some stuff I can delete. I do kind of want to play 3 again, that game has some outstanding scenes as well.
reg. the Collection installation: I asked a buddy. You can prioritize what part to install to save space on you hard drive.

I'll probably save it for now as I am finally enough into Horizon: Zero Dawn to want to try to finish it before the next one comes out.
Yeah. horizon is a nice game. I never finished it myself but I appreciated the graphics and the gameplay a lot back then. Don’t know what stopped me. You. Enjoy.

Sony doing a bit of shopping of their own, although "seismic" is maybe pushing it. I guess most deals will look a bit naff after Activision/Blizzard to Microsoft.
Now if only I gave two sh*ts about Destiny!

Feels like a gold rush where the two companies are just rushing to buy all the independent studios. Who's next? Capcom, Take-Two, Square?

So now Bungie who started Halo is owned by Sony, and Crash Bandicoot is owned by MS.

Wednesday is all about GT7:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/31/359997/

I’ll be watching that later that week.
Makes me remember the good times I had with the series. How I grew along side and what beautiful moments I had with this. 😊

Can't wait. Last "proper" racing game with a lot of content i played was FM7. Nearly 5 years ago!! This should be good. I really enjoyed GT Sport, but i do not like to play online with a controller, so this is more my kind of game.

what's out there that's easily accesible with a controller & offers the same amount of content + details (which they have an incredible high standard for compared to the competition)?

Forza Motorsport 8 might be a contender, but nothing else comes to mind.

Will no doubt buy GT7, but really can't get excited about it as just much better titles available.
Depends on what your priorities are, I guess.
I am all into physics and simulation these days, but sure, I want it to look pretty as well.
…and it sure does now even more stable, after a CPU upgrade I had today. 5700x row accompanying the 6800xt much better. :)

I was all GT and always had an eye on Forza. Those titles don’t cut it for me anymore, driving wise. plus: I’m so busy with the actual driving aspects, I don’t need a career or some rpg like modes, these days.

in the end, they need to cater to the masses and do pretty well, imo.

Depends on what your priorities are, I guess.
I am all into physics and simulation these days, but sure, I want it to look pretty as well.
…and it sure does now even more stable, after a CPU upgrade I had today. 5700x row accompanying the 6800xt much better. :)

I was all GT and always had an eye on Forza. Those titles don’t cut it for me anymore, driving wise. plus: I’m so busy with the actual driving aspects, I don’t need a career or some rpg like modes, these days.

in the end, they need to cater to the masses and do pretty well, imo.

Exactly, GT7 is a SIMCADE game.
I used to think it was simulation game, but it really doesn't cut it these days.

It is still without doubt the best driving experience available on a console, but after buying a wheel - I just want something more.

I really liked the eSports experience of GT6 - it's the only eSports experience of any kind in any game I've ever liked.

Something about it felt real, fair and incredibly well-suited. Closer to a sim than an arcade game, but not so sim-based that you spin out just trying to drive out of the pits.

I only played for a month or so, then I decided to sell it (along with the PS4) and wait for GT7. It's one of three Sony exclusives I like. I'll be watching the State of Play broadcast tonight.

I don't know what it is about Forza but the modern versions just don't click with me. The standard ones and the Horizon ones. I know they're good, but I have to remind myself while I'm playing it.

After that Car museum part, I was really impressed. Weather effects look good (different weather on different parts of large tracks!) and the Dualsense has a potential to really shine in this game. They lost me a bit again at the end with the photo modes, etc. Also the menus are a bit too PC for my liking.

It veers so quickly between "those graphics are literally incredible" and "are those stick men in the crowd" for me. There was a clip at the end with a central part of a track (with no road, just tents and people walking around) and the ground was a plain white texture with no bump mapping I could see.

So you've got photo-realistic racing going on around this white space where really obviously low-poly terribly animated robots are stumbling around. It's such a contrast at times. Maybe that's Covid's fault but... I hope that stuff gets some work.

The constant frame drops have also got me concerned...

So there was a sale and got this for 10 bucks. Its an awesome game, yes even on a controller. I liked it so much I got it on sale on xbox too which should get next gen upgraded this month too, although it doesn’t look or run bad now. Im running with some assists and somehow the controller feels nicer than project cars 2 (pc2 looks nicer though)

Never got into Days Gone, I have never been a fan of zombie antagonists in any form, movies or games (Some Resident Evil games I really like though). In an ideal world for me, Sony Bend would use the building blocks of this to make a new Syphon Filter game. Hopefully they are at least making something they want to make, even if it isn't a sequel to Days Gone.

Back
Top Bottom