Sony PlayStation

Well guys, we all here were right about Uncharted the Movie! Yeah, it's Generic Crap, Spidermen bad cosplay Drake! Such a shame... All our concerns and comments before the movie, after seeing the trailer, turned out to be spot on.

Well guys, we all here were right about Uncharted the Movie! Yeah, it's Generic Crap, Spidermen bad cosplay Drake! Such a shame... All our concerns and comments before the movie, after seeing the trailer, turned out to be spot on.

The movie was average what more can I say.
It is just Indiana Jones for the Marvel generation, minimal plot with as much pointless action you can cram into 2 hours.

First look: the headset design for PlayStation VR2​

FMM-JiVXsAAcuM8

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...adset-design-for-playstation-vr2/#sf253727479

Last edited:
Just came here to say that for the soonish release of GT7, a bit in memory of the good times I had with the series, i wanted to drive some GT tracks in AC.

…but then I found this:

those passionate communities… aren’t they a joy to have?! 😍👏

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-spartacus-reveal-next-week-xbox-game-pass

"PlayStation's answer to Xbox Game Pass is approaching."​

I highly doubt it is that, they have already said they won't have day one releases on the service. I just really hope they have PS1 and PS2 (and PS3) games in there. And I don't mean the embarrassingly few PS2 games they have on there now, they really need to throw some stuff in there.
Also it feels like this thing has been coming for ages, just announce it already so we know if it's any good or not.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-spartacus-reveal-next-week-xbox-game-pass

"PlayStation's answer to Xbox Game Pass is approaching."​

I highly doubt it is that, they have already said they won't have day one releases on the service. I just really hope they have PS1 and PS2 (and PS3) games in there. And I don't mean the embarrassingly few PS2 games they have on there now, they really need to throw some stuff in there.
Also it feels like this thing has been coming for ages, just announce it already so we know if it's any good or not.
Can you imagine Sony putting their first party games on day one in the service AND on PC. One can wish. I would like to try horizon zero dawn and gt but that will not happen. I hope it's not just some old games.
I'm very interested to see what they release, especially the cloud alternative given I don't have a ps5

They wouldn’t do that, especially with their big exclusives.
Microsoft only release their games on PC, cos they promised a while back that they wouldn’t neglect PC gamers.

The only PS game I would love to see on PC would be Spider-Man as it would get rid of the god awful draw distance and LOD issues of the game on PS4/PS5.
It is a great game, and having a much higher detailed city would bring me back, like it did with RDR2 on PC.

They wouldn’t do that, especially with their big exclusives.
Microsoft only release their games on PC, cos they promised a while back that they wouldn’t neglect PC gamers.
But do you think MS won't release then if they hadn't"promised" to take care of pc gamers? I mean if the money is not there they wouldn't release almost every game in that platform. I don't think they release it there because of good faith and making good on a promise.
I wonder if Sony sees releasing more titles in PC as way to cannibalize playstation sales, but at the same time don't they make $ in software and not do as much in hardware?

Btw I agree with you that they wouldn't do it just trying to think why

All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever​

PlayStation Plus Essential​

• Benefits:
    • Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
      • Two monthly downloadable games
      • Exclusive discounts
      • Cloud storage for saved games
      • Online multiplayer access
    • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.

• Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
    • United States
      • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
    • Japan
      • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra​

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
    • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
    • Japan
      • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium**​

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
    • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
      • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
      • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
    • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***
    • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
    • Japan
      • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
  • PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

At first glance I like it. Not mind blowing but could have been worse. For those not interested, the lowest tier is just PS Plus continued, so that is simple enough.

"At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal."

A few games there I don't have already, will be nice to get MK 11 and Returnal for no extra fee (if I understand correctly these will be in the two upper tiers) and I suppose I might have a dip into Death Stranding?
Top tier is all about the actual list of games now, so another waiting game commences. PS1 and PS2 games I am very interested in but it needs to be a substantial list of good offerings.

So by the sounds of it.

PS Plus is as normal.
PS Plus Extra is what is now PSNow
PS Premium adds the ability to play PS1 and PS2 games via game streaming and a catalogue of more games, which haven't been mentioned or released yet.

Need a full list of available games, before make final judgement.
However doesn't sound as good as Microsoft Game Pass.

Hows Sony streaming service lately? It was inconsistent when I tried 2 years ago, but it was over wifi.

I was kind of hoping for a sony gamepass pc but seems its the same psnow and the titles available were not too appealing So hopefully they revamp psnow offerings

I feel sony already gave away most greatest hits games with psplus subscription, so unless you want something really old (and dont feel like emulating) you are better off just buying used copy.
Hopefully they give a list of games
To really be on the level of gamepass they really need to think about some day one releases

Hows Sony streaming service lately? It was inconsistent when I tried 2 years ago, but it was over wifi.

I was kind of hoping for a sony gamepass pc but seems its the same psnow and the titles available were not too appealing So hopefully they revamp psnow offerings

I feel sony already gave away most greatest hits games with psplus subscription, so unless you want something really old (and dont feel like emulating) you are better off just buying used copy.
Hopefully they give a list of games
To really be on the level of gamepass they really need to think about some day one releases

I have not tried the Sony streaming service for a couple of years on PC, and when I did, it was absolute cack.
Unresponsive and only 720p, I think - Well looked awful anyway.
I have tried it recently on PS5 doing the streaming from a PS3 game and it wasn't great either - Just felt like there was a bit of lag in what I was doing.

Until they show list of games, I won't be interested as had PSNow for 2 years now and it is dire.

I have not tried the Sony streaming service for a couple of years on PC, and when I did, it was absolute cack.
Unresponsive and only 720p, I think - Well looked awful anyway.
I have tried it recently on PS5 doing the streaming from a PS3 game and it wasn't great either - Just felt like there was a bit of lag in what I was doing.

Until they show list of games, I won't be interested as had PSNow for 2 years now and it is dire.
Never had any streaming problems with PS Now on PS4, only some hiccups on PS3 games. I have a year subscription ending in October so they'll probably move me on Tier 3 or something in June. New plan looks OK but a bit underwhelming tbh.

Indie developer: "Sony are sh*t at promoting indie titles in the Playstation Store!"
Sony: "Fine, we will be better at promoting indie titles."
The Playstation Store:
Screenshot 2022-04-05 125900.jpg

FIFA 22 is one of the free games of PS+ for May. I haven't touched FIFA since FIFA 17 on PC (best FIFA but still about 1000 lightyears behind PES). I'll probably try this one and uninstall it after 1h.

Will brought a 500 MB internal SSD, but what interest me it's the 7000 mo/s. Sick to erase one game every time i download one.
That one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD_BLACK-Internal-Gaming-Technology-Heatsink/dp/B08SWFTP9N?th=1
If ever you got the same at a smaller price, thanks to share a link guys.

Did someone has buy an internal SSD for the PS5? Just to know. It seems simple to install.

I got to remove 2 games for trying Efootball and i brought Resident Evil 4 remastered and got to erase Guilty Gear Xrd and Doom... Sick of it, when my PS4 pro still got tons of place for games.

Even if i always took games and don't play it for X reasons, i really wanted that one, just for the collection and nostalgia.

Right now i'm on God of War, great game but i don't know i'm not too much entered on the story, i restarted playing a bit as i got a much time at home. Graphisms looks like a PS5 game, as i got also Demon's Souls to compare. Then i got 4 big game to finish before to take a room on a nursing home.

Last edited:
Will brought a 500 MB internal SSD, but what interest me it's the 7000 mo/s. Sick to erase one game every time i download one.
That one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD_BLACK-Internal-Gaming-Technology-Heatsink/dp/B08SWFTP9N?th=1
If ever you got the same at a smaller price, thanks to share a link guys.

Did someone has buy an internal SSD for the PS5? Just to know. It seems simple to install.

I got to remove 2 games for trying Efootball and i brought Resident Evil 4 remastered and got to erase Guilty Gear Xrd and Doom... Sick of it, when my PS4 pro still got tons of place for games.

Even if i always took games and don't play it for X reasons, i really wanted that one, just for the collection and nostalgia.

Right now i'm on God of War, great game but i don't know i'm not too much entered on the story, i restarted playing a bit as i got a much time at home. Graphisms looks like a PS5 game, as i got also Demon's Souls to compare. Then i got 4 big game to finish before to take a room on a nursing home.

I bought a NEW 1TB Samsung PM9A1 for £90 on eBay, which is an OEM Samsung 980 Pro.
Then just bought a generic heatsink for it:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PXGGCSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like you, I just got annoyed with having to constantly un-install and reinstall games and the PS5 isn't even my main gaming machine.

Installing an SSD on the PS5 is incredibly easy, it easier than changing an SSD on a laptop.
You take the case of by unclipping it and pulling it and then there is a cover you unscrew and just put the SSD in.

When you turn the PS5 back on it detects the drive and formats it.

Thanks mate, it was looking pretty easy on vids but sometimes vids you know sometimes you fear that the SSD doesn't fit, etc.
It was the wrong link lol, just the cooler (that the one at 147 above i saw) I won't took a 1 Tera, i think 500 is enough for me... But from the price/1TO i'm tempted by your version.

I got just some heat sink on that one.

There's a lot of games i got aren't too much demanding it terms of storage so, i could erase one or two without issue.
Let's say i don't have game with super big scenarios so less MB.

And my PS4 PRO handle all the games i play (removed the old i don't play or finished) with 1T
So i make the count, 1 Tera 250 is enough. Perhaps not totally enough for every single game (indies etc.) but no problem.

I got to manage it like for my PS4 Pro. Only issue is (of course) the price, i already got others things to buy which cost the same amount as the diff with the 500 and 1To.

Last edited:
anyone impressed with their new subscription model? i mean - the content is there (at least from what i could read out of their way to extensive release notes) - but why make it so damn complicated with tiers and shit.

gamepass is so much more user friendly.

I will just stick to the normal PS Plus, some of the games which are becoming available are OK, but they are all old games.
The games are all games, that if I wanted to play, I would of bought them by now.

There is nothing to make me go OMG, I want to own this £130 a year subscription.

Sony are at least trying to come up with something to equal GamePass, but IMO they failed.

Reactions: OPM
Sony: This won't be like GamePass. We are not making a GamePass service. This is not GamePass.
Gamers: Well, it's no GamePass, is it!

😅

That said, the old games list is dull at the moment but I'll still be likely to check it out for at least a month. Most interesting stuff is in the middle tier right now, a few games I never bought there.

The issue with old game is from what i saw with the PS NOW 15 days free trial (there were much more games at the launch) : only games without issues regarding licences.
I would like to play Top Spin 4, Fight Night 3 and 4, and PES 2014/2011... Also Fifa World Cup 2010, etc.
But more than all, PES 5 and even the 6 PS2 and the sequel on the same console.

Just hoping some games will be enhanced graphically even if it's a streaming service, at least a bit like 60 fps etc. but i dream a bit too much : they will be just a bit filtered like on the first PS3 with Emotion Engine i suppose, so nothing big. Better than nothing, just don't want the PS2 aliasing from the first games (when it was hard for the dev for programming that thing) everywhere.

The issue with old game is from what i saw with the PS NOW 15 days free trial (there were much more games at the launch) : only games without issues regarding licences.
I would like to play Top Spin 4, Fight Night 3 and 4, and PES 2014/2011... Also Fifa World Cup 2010, etc.
But more than all, PES 5 and even the 6 PS2 and the sequel on the same console.

Just hoping some games will be enhanced graphically even if it's a streaming service, at least a bit like 60 fps etc. but i dream a bit too much : they will be just a bit filtered like on the first PS3 with Emotion Engine i suppose, so nothing big. Better than nothing, just don't want the PS2 aliasing from the first games (when it was hard for the dev for programming that thing) everywhere.
The problem is that most of the games you've mentioned have these stupid license rights.

That's why i'm saying that about the PS + Now. They're by far too limited because of it. The retro-compatibility got an issue, all games (in terms of material) are old, everything is limited because it's not on sale any more, then it's on DVD so less durability (not like a cartdrige).

The catalog is a mountain with licenced games, only from PS1 to PS2, but if you remove games with licences, what does it remains interesting? Nothing practically. And i mentionned some PS3 games that could still be more or less actual with some graphical, i mean filters/frames/resolution enhancement.

Yes, the biggest bug from that service is that it's cut in half, even in 3 by the licences issues. I ain't that much interested.

Back
Top Bottom