The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

What's even more amazing is we had a linesman injured in Tuesday nights game as well! Interestingly all three injuries were on the same side of the pitch.
On the theme of referees, we were playing on the regional amateur divisions, and the linesman twisted his ankle so he had to be replaced, but there was no 4th to switch with him. We were going to postpone the match, but out of all the people a shop owner closed his shop and volunteered (he would get paid for it later of course), and it was such a comedy show, we conceded three goals all of them were crystal clear offsides, but big man can't keep up with the last defender he was just happy to be involved and that's it :LOL:

Edit: Did I forget what he was wearing? Oh it's just a casual top with some cosy warm trousers and a sandal

Again, VAR can get to fuck.

A handball needs to be viewed about 20 times to be deemed a clear and obvious error? Do me a favour.

In reference to our game against Häcken. Decent result against the Swedish champions!

😍

Last edited:
Didn’t know about this thread. I’ve got a thought…. Utd better win today. We scraped past Wolves on pure luck and then we’re beat convincingly by Spurs. It’s another piss poor start to the season again. After two games we’ve lacked any sort of invention and as far as finishing goes.. that’s been woeful. Since joining, Onana has done ok, Mount has been mediocre at best and the man we bought to solve our scoring problem has been injured. Rashford had a great season last time but I don’t see him reaching those heights again. Hope I’m wrong about that and he nets a hat trick today but yeh. On paper we should be strolling past Forrest today but I’m not feeling confident about it.

Didn’t know about this thread. I’ve got a thought…. Utd better win today. We scraped past Wolves on pure luck and then we’re beat convincingly by Spurs. It’s another piss poor start to the season again. After two games we’ve lacked any sort of invention and as far as finishing goes.. that’s been woeful. Since joining, Onana has done ok, Mount has been mediocre at best and the man we bought to solve our scoring problem has been injured. Rashford had a great season last time but I don’t see him reaching those heights again. Hope I’m wrong about that and he nets a hat trick today but yeh. On paper we should be strolling past Forrest today but I’m not feeling confident about it.

Looks like they've had a cracking first 5 minutes!!

Looks like they've had a cracking first 5 minutes!!
Im glad I didn’t reply until after the match because I would have ripped you a new one 😂
Man that was the worst possible start. I was thinking please don’t let me be right about not being confident about this game and then whaaaam we’re 2-0 down. Credit that we came back to win 3-2 but there’s some serious issues there. A win is a win but i wouldn’t say I’m happy about it.

That's some group for the Newcastle fans. Might not like the club ownership but pleased for the fans.

12,000 fans travelled to the San Siro when they played Inter in 2003...

FwgTInDX0AASmfF.jpg

Also beat us 3-1 twice, Shearer scoring a hattrick in the latter.

A South American Update! :BSCARF:

1693594865379.png1693594839982.png
Libertadores Semifinals! 🏆
Boca vs Palmeiras, Inter vs Fluminense!

Sudamericana Semifinals!🏆
Defensa y Justicia vs LDU Quito, Corinthians vs Fortaleza!

Rooting for Fluminense in Libertadores, and LDU Quito in Sudamericana! (although I'd also be happy if Corinthians wins it)!

Can't wait for Libertadores 2024, where my Millos will be playing. :)

Yeah. Frustrating as a) we created the chances but didn't take them and b) they just had to hold on to that Sadiq fella for a couple more days before selling him to AZ and he tore us apart.

Still, Conference League group stages and I'm booked up for Helsinki in November!
Cant remember, but you have Eintracht in your group as well right?
Thats going to be a great one for you, they have an insane away following
We got knocked out by fucking Twente in The conference qualification

Cant remember, but you have Eintracht in your group as well right?
Thats going to be a great one for you, they have an insane away following
We got knocked out by fucking Twente in The conference qualification

Yeah Eintracht, HJK and PAOK. We'll finish third if we're lucky.

I did contemplate Frankfurt but I've been there before so Helsinki was the next most viable one!

The qualifiers as so cruel. Found myself thinking while we were playing Häcken: why the fuck are we playing Häcken? The Europa/Conference League is for teams who finish third in Scotland. That the Swedish champions are in at that stage is ludicrous.

No hate or anything, but wtf is wrong with Germany?
Use to be a top three nation, now really poor.
Why?

There is no team on the pitch, no unity. In addition, there is a coach who seems to have no concept and, moreover, does not reach the team at all.

Last Friday the "All or nothing" documentary appeared here in Germany on Amazon Video, in which the national team was accompanied at the Qatar World Cup. Apparently the DFB thought that was a good idea beforehand. :LOL: And apparently the DFB has no legal means to prevent the broadcast. The whole thing is an absolute disaster, (even apart from the performance of the team at the World Cup). Coach's speeches like in the sunday league, embarrassing motivational films, where you can really see in the empty eyes of the players, what they think of it, and and and. If a player ever brings up constructive criticism of the tactics, Flick is personally offended. They all had no desire to do anything. Really bad to watch.

After the World Cup and the resignation of sports director Bierhoff, the DFB set up a new task force to initiate a change. This task force consists of Rudi Völler, Joachim Watzke (manager of Dortmund) and a few others. They are the prototypes of what is now called "old white men." So much for the new beginning. New concepts in youth work, which also work in other countries, are blocked by them, which recently happened last week. They haven't understood anything at all.

The fans in Germany have long since lost touch with the national team, and I lack faith as to how this is supposed to improve by next year's Euro here in Germany.
And to be honest, I don't care either.

There is no team on the pitch, no unity. In addition, there is a coach who seems to have no concept and, moreover, does not reach the team at all.

Last Friday the "All or nothing" documentary appeared here in Germany on Amazon Video, in which the national team was accompanied at the Qatar World Cup. Apparently the DFB thought that was a good idea beforehand. :LOL: And apparently the DFB has no legal means to prevent the broadcast. The whole thing is an absolute disaster, (even apart from the performance of the team at the World Cup). Coach's speeches like in the sunday league, embarrassing motivational films, where you can really see in the empty eyes of the players, what they think of it, and and and. If a player ever brings up constructive criticism of the tactics, Flick is personally offended. They all had no desire to do anything. Really bad to watch.

After the World Cup and the resignation of sports director Bierhoff, the DFB set up a new task force to initiate a change. This task force consists of Rudi Völler, Joachim Watzke (manager of Dortmund) and a few others. They are the prototypes of what is now called "old white men." So much for the new beginning. New concepts in youth work, which also work in other countries, are blocked by them, which recently happened last week. They haven't understood anything at all.

The fans in Germany have long since lost touch with the national team, and I lack faith as to how this is supposed to improve by next year's Euro here in Germany.
And to be honest, I don't care either.
Thanks buddy.
Ive felt that my NT (Sweden) isn't my cup of tea, more of a club guy.
But growing up I've always had a lot of respect for how good Germany use to be, but now they're really in a bad shape which feels weird.

What’s funny is that, 10 years ago, everyone was obsessed with copying the German model, and already it seems really outdated. I remember people saying things like Germany would never be stopped and would continue winning over and over, and they have been bang-average the last few tournaments and haven’t even gotten out of the group stage during the last two World Cups. It just goes to show you how overreactionary we all can get.

Maybe Jurgen Klinsmann will be available soon and he can come to the rescue (via Zoom) :LMAO:

Many people see Jürgen Klopp as the best solution. But he would be crazy if he would take over this mess of a team. But that doesn't matter anyway, it's said that the DFB doesn't have any money to pay a release clause.

I guess sooner or later Klopp will be Germany's coach, but surely not now.

What’s funny is that, 10 years ago, everyone was obsessed with copying the German model, and already it seems really outdated. I remember people saying things like Germany would never be stopped and would continue winning over and over, and they have been bang-average the last few tournaments and haven’t even gotten out of the group stage during the last two World Cups. It just goes to show you how overreactionary we all can get.

Maybe Jurgen Klinsmann will be available soon and he can come to the rescue (via Zoom) :LMAO:

I deplore the obsession with models, Barcelona/Spain the most obvious one. The better model would be to encourage the entire population to get shagging in the hope that they produce another Casillas/Valdes/Puyol/Pique/Ramos/Busquets/Alonso/Xavi/Iniesta/Fabregas/Silva/Pedro/Villa/Torres/etc. The ingredients to a successful team has always been the natural ability of the players within its ranks. The methods help get the best out of them, without doubt, but it alone isn't enough.

Thanks buddy.
Ive felt that my NT (Sweden) isn't my cup of tea, more of a club guy.
But growing up I've always had a lot of respect for how good Germany use to be, but now they're really in a bad shape which feels weird.

I'm definitely more of a club guy, but right now Scotland can't help but get my attention. We've been incredible. Flights to Germany are looking awfully tempting...

I too also have had a lot of respect for Germany in my lifetime, mainly for their ability to wind up England.

20230911_135308.jpg

Last edited:
I'm definitely more of a club guy, but right now Scotland can't help but get my attention. We've been incredible. Flights to Germany are looking awfully tempting..

The odds for a Scotland win tonight are tempting.

Definitely club first for me. Always has been but even more so now. I struggle to get any enthusiasm to watch England under Southgate.

The odds for a Scotland win tonight are tempting.

Definitely club first for me. Always has been but even more so now. I struggle to get any enthusiasm to watch England under Southgate.

I watched the first 20 minutes before reminding myself it was a friendly. So I switched over to Norway vs Georgia in the hope they'd played out their desired draw. When Norway went 2-0 after half an hour I cleaned the kitchen.

Ladies and gentlemen: international week.

A South American Update! :BSCARF:

View attachment 232419View attachment 232418
Libertadores Semifinals! 🏆
Boca vs Palmeiras, Inter vs Fluminense!

Sudamericana Semifinals!🏆
Defensa y Justicia vs LDU Quito, Corinthians vs Fortaleza!

Rooting for Fluminense in Libertadores, and LDU Quito in Sudamericana! (although I'd also be happy if Corinthians wins it)!

Can't wait for Libertadores 2024, where my Millos will be playing. :)
The forum is predominantly European as am I so I guess that’s why you didn’t get much of a response. It definitely deserves a response though!

@mattmid
Not sure why you feel this way about England really. Southgate has guided England to very successful campaigns since he took over. His and the teams win rate is exceptional. You could argue that he should be placed over Capello given the fact that he’s managed double the games of Capello. Aside from the necessary objective of winning over being stylish I do feel we play some pretty football at times. We’ve got another great shot at winning Euro 2024 with the bookies currently placing us as joint favourites along with France. As we know the bookies don’t like to lose money and there’s a reason we’ve been made joint favourites.

1. Fabio Capello
Games: 42
Wins: 28
Win rate: 66.7%

2. Gareth Southgate
Games: 84
Wins: 52
Win rate: 61.9%

3. Alf Ramsey
Games: 113
Wins: 69
Win rate: 61.1%