The Master League adventures thread

Wait... This reminds me of something...

Oh yes, we did the same yesterday. Willing to fight for the title, then dropping two points against a team that sits rock bottom.
GG, Milan. GG.
Tough playing relegation candidates away ,always one og the toughest challenges there is , plus some new blood in with a new coach

Bringing Milan back to glory might be a good idea.
Otherwise, if you're also willing to go abroad... Helping Benfica break Guttmann's spell maybe?
That's a great idea.
To bad there's only one division there.
Tough choice ,but since I've done Milan on every other Pes ,chances are that I'd go for that , though Roma feels like an challenge

Sampdoria away.
Had full control here ,scored in the 18th and 30th minute.
Felt like I could make some early changes around the 60th minute to try some other players out.
Then out of the blue Bas Dost headed in 2-1 in the 69th min.
Even worse Bas Dost scored again in the 76th minute.
I felt kinda clueless ,but reshaped the team and went very offensive ,it gave result 92nd minute winner.
3-2.
By the skin of my teethfab892b3-b26f-4742-9c31-473b2ef8955a.jpg

Next one was Cagliari at home.
I peppered them for 45 min ,not one shot on goal from Cagliari.
Then 2nd half ,1-0 Cagliari ,their first shot on goal.
Kept attacking but the game ended 1-0 to them.
Toughest loss this season I think.
Also had a sending off and a few more yellow cards.
ace23e55-6cfd-4ec8-9b49-31e9bc14eb8a.jpg

Next game I took a gamble ,a bit short on time I decided to "sim" this one.
And i was lucky as hell.
b430fc2a-b9a1-499d-b958-38626feae775.jpg
9/10 times when I SIM Vs a stronger team i lose (as I should)
But maybe this is my season.

Table looking pretty good ,and next few games are Atalanta x3 in the quarter finals (and once in the league) of Coppa Italia ,where I'll be rotating heavily ,because after that I have Napoli/Liverpool/Lazio/Milan/Liverpool.
13cfb1dd-f859-46ff-9770-8f1c16b58cf2.jpg

Last edited:
Atalanta at home became really tough ,a great win in the end though.
cd3ac575-d1cf-4910-87ed-c0e1b27989bc.jpg

Then Napoli away ,going in i was 10 pts ahead of them sitting in 2nd place.
I played a perfect defensive game ,kept them on the outside and headed/cleared away all crosses/short passes in to the box.

I scored one goal in the first half and one in the second.
I think it will take a lot to drop this now going in to the final 10 games.
6b9e61b6-2a40-4fdb-8af4-e745107e09ee.jpg

1205c010-619b-4692-b76a-e83fffb71fcf.jpg

Now I have a double meeting Vs Liverpool plus Lazio and Milan coming up.

Finally finished editing so restarted a ML.

Milan, Legend Difficulty, 14min games.

Picked Zico as manager and gave myself, as usual, a very healthy bank balance.

First job was releasing a load of young players who won't ever make the grade. Then I shipped out Ibra, Giroud, Mandzukic, Diaz etc...

The aim was to bring in players that excel in their position. The beauty I find with PES is you can sometimes ignore overall ratings and concentrate on stats that are unique to the position the players play in.

I also wanted a fairly young squad with one eye on building a team to challenge for years to come.

With a big wad of cash to spend we went shopping...

Zico used his South American connections to bring in Ivan as a back up GK and also loaning in Fabra at LB as a rapid option down that side.

In the heart of defence, Mancini was signed from Roma for £35million, a young, powerful CB with room to grow.

Midfield needed some work. Kessie a nailed on starter, so it was finding 2 players to complement him. I'm playing a 4-1-2-1-2 so a DM was priority. After narrowing down stats, up popped a Portuguese tank called João Paulinha (spelling?) plying his trade at Sporting. Absolute bargain at around £10mill.

I wanted another box-to-box style player to play in the middle with Kessie. Camavinga is that man. Only 18 but he can run all day, is skillfull and can be a main stay for years to come. Hefty fee of around £70million. Also coming in was Amarabat from Fiorentina.

Up top and after his exploits for me at Milan on PES20, there was only one option. Boadu. In PES20, I signed him for Milan and he scored 267 goals in 321 games. He was a legend. As I'm playing 2 up top, I've also signed Moise Kean.

From the youth team, I edited in 2 players. Nico Massaro, a CM, and Domenico Rossi, a striker. Those who know their history will be familiar with the name Massaro.

So the team looks like this...

Maignan, Calabria, Mancini, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Paulinha (so?), Kessie, Camavinga, Rebic, Boadu, Leao/Kean.

Subs - Ivan, Conti, Kjaer, Tomori, Fabra, Salearmakers, Bennacer, Amarabat, Pobega, Massaro, Maldini, Rossi, Colombo.

I've just reached the Jan transfer window. Kjaer is off to Southampton and another Milan PES20 legend has joined Milan, with Malang Sarr coming in from Chelsea as his replacement.

Sitting 6th in the League. Inter and Lazio are top 2 about 6 points clear of the pack. I'm in a group of teams, Juve, Atalanta, Genoa and Bologna, battling for the Champions League places, separated by about 2 points from 3rd down to 7th!!

Roma are picking up after being in the bottom 3 after losing their first 5 games!!

On the pitch, we've been great in spells, but then draw games we should be winning. Last one I played proves that after dominating Sassualo, they equalised late on. Frustrating but I wanted a challenge.

In Europe I topped a group with Nice, PAOK and Willem II in the Europa League. Good chance of going far in this though I have been playing a rotated side.

Best result so far was a 5-0 demolition of Salernitana at the San Siro. 4 up after half hour, Leao hat-trick, they went ultra defensive for rest of game so I was shooting from 45 yards out, hence only 1 more goal in the second half. Possession stats of 81% in that game, it was a battering.

Really enjoying this save, the games are flying by. Plan is to go longer than the 7 season I did on PES20. That Milan side won Serie A once, Italian Cup twice and the Europa League. I kept falling short in the Champions League and Juventus were absolutely insane in Serie A and kept me from winning more. I also want Boadu to break the magical 300 goals barrier though he's gone right off form at the moment after scoring 8 in 8, he's not hit the target for the whole of December!!

Will keep the updates coming and I really enjoy reading your stories at Burton and Salernitana 👍

Finally finished editing so restarted a ML.

Milan, Legend Difficulty, 14min games.

Picked Zico as manager and gave myself, as usual, a very healthy bank balance.

First job was releasing a load of young players who won't ever make the grade. Then I shipped out Ibra, Giroud, Mandzukic, Diaz etc...

The aim was to bring in players that excel in their position. The beauty I find with PES is you can sometimes ignore overall ratings and concentrate on stats that are unique to the position the players play in.

I also wanted a fairly young squad with one eye on building a team to challenge for years to come.

With a big wad of cash to spend we went shopping...

Zico used his South American connections to bring in Ivan as a back up GK and also loaning in Fabra at LB as a rapid option down that side.

In the heart of defence, Mancini was signed from Roma for £35million, a young, powerful CB with room to grow.

Midfield needed some work. Kessie a nailed on starter, so it was finding 2 players to complement him. I'm playing a 4-1-2-1-2 so a DM was priority. After narrowing down stats, up popped a Portuguese tank called João Paulinha (spelling?) plying his trade at Sporting. Absolute bargain at around £10mill.

I wanted another box-to-box style player to play in the middle with Kessie. Camavinga is that man. Only 18 but he can run all day, is skillfull and can be a main stay for years to come. Hefty fee of around £70million. Also coming in was Amarabat from Fiorentina.

Up top and after his exploits for me at Milan on PES20, there was only one option. Boadu. In PES20, I signed him for Milan and he scored 267 goals in 321 games. He was a legend. As I'm playing 2 up top, I've also signed Moise Kean.

From the youth team, I edited in 2 players. Nico Massaro, a CM, and Domenico Rossi, a striker. Those who know their history will be familiar with the name Massaro.

So the team looks like this...

Maignan, Calabria, Mancini, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Paulinha (so?), Kessie, Camavinga, Rebic, Boadu, Leao/Kean.

Subs - Ivan, Conti, Kjaer, Tomori, Fabra, Salearmakers, Bennacer, Amarabat, Pobega, Massaro, Maldini, Rossi, Colombo.

I've just reached the Jan transfer window. Kjaer is off to Southampton and another Milan PES20 legend has joined Milan, with Malang Sarr coming in from Chelsea as his replacement.

Sitting 6th in the League. Inter and Lazio are top 2 about 6 points clear of the pack. I'm in a group of teams, Juve, Atalanta, Genoa and Bologna, battling for the Champions League places, separated by about 2 points from 3rd down to 7th!!

Roma are picking up after being in the bottom 3 after losing their first 5 games!!

On the pitch, we've been great in spells, but then draw games we should be winning. Last one I played proves that after dominating Sassualo, they equalised late on. Frustrating but I wanted a challenge.

In Europe I topped a group with Nice, PAOK and Willem II in the Europa League. Good chance of going far in this though I have been playing a rotated side.

Best result so far was a 5-0 demolition of Salernitana at the San Siro. 4 up after half hour, Leao hat-trick, they went ultra defensive for rest of game so I was shooting from 45 yards out, hence only 1 more goal in the second half. Possession stats of 81% in that game, it was a battering.

Really enjoying this save, the games are flying by. Plan is to go longer than the 7 season I did on PES20. That Milan side won Serie A once, Italian Cup twice and the Europa League. I kept falling short in the Champions League and Juventus were absolutely insane in Serie A and kept me from winning more. I also want Boadu to break the magical 300 goals barrier though he's gone right off form at the moment after scoring 8 in 8, he's not hit the target for the whole of December!!

Will keep the updates coming and I really enjoy reading your stories at Burton and Salernitana 👍
Lovely story mate.
Milan is so much fun rebuilding ,think I've done it on 14-15-16-17-18.
Also great squad building ,I love that part of finding players that are fitting the position ,not necessarily the overall rating ,but being good at their job on that position.
Best of luck mate ,and looking fw to your updates

Liverpool v Salernitana
Champions League Last 32.

I played a newly composed 4-5-1 that could transform in to a 4-3-3 if wanted.
Massive pressure from Liverpool ,though I controlled my defence and didn't let Liverpool come to any dangerous chances.
1-0 Salernitana on a corner followed by 2-0 on a free kick.

Second half saw Liverpool play even more aggressive and offensive , Salah scored 2-1 in the 73rd minute.
After that they threw everything forward ,and resulted in a quick counter and 3-1 me.
Great game ,my players celebrated like they've win the world cup.
Anfield booed their team after this performance.
Screenshot_2022-02-22-15-41-23-165_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-22-15-42-57-174_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
148db56e-8694-4560-bf05-48bd5e8cf190.jpg

Great result for us and we're looking forward to the home fixture.
4f65f375-7f09-4ae1-9531-b5c3b1408955.jpg

Next up ,a tough home game Vs Lazio.
This was me getting stuck in the trenches and just counter attack ,such a tough game.
We came away with a really great win in this one ,with a lot of luck ,Lazio had two shots in the post and one in the crossbar.
f632788d-3d9b-4ec5-8eb5-e4b73c7cf81d.jpg

Next game is Milan away before Udinese/Liverpool next week.
Btw both games were PA0 on SS with a narrow camera ,never thought I'd pulled that off

Last edited:
I've been replaying the same game (Vs Udinese) just to test different cam angles /difficulties/PA/minutes.
Weird thing is PA0 20 min TP stadium cam feels easiest ,seems like the CPU becomes passive when playing 20+ minutes.

Can't really decide which angle I should play ,I've used Wide (custom) with an angle but Stadium cam feels more natural ,a bit weird to defend though

Not only Serie A games and CL games tonight ,also testing settings ,some good some bad tonight.

First up ,Milan away.
Top player 20 min PA0 (stadium cam)
Game felt amazing ,like a new game.
But Milan felt so passive ,hardly created anything and I smashed them 3-0.
13 pts clear.
d13e1d7d-0b7e-4276-9bfc-81813ce5f192.jpg

Udinese at home (round 31)
TP 15 min PAO. (Stadium cam)
This was a really tough game ,played so different from the Milan game ,Udinese much more aggressive , scrappy and not a very nice game.
0-0 was fair.
11 pts clear
2712bc08-b055-4afd-bcf6-f5e6304bf7f8.jpg

Salernitana V Liverpool (3-1)
2nd game last 16.
TP PA0 15 min broadcast cam

This game was awful ,just end to end attacking ,no way to defend using this cam ,everything super fast.
Anyway got 1-0 up , directly after Liverpool scored both 1-1 & 2-1.
Second half they scored 3-1 and all of the sudden it was all even.
I responded by making it 3-2 ,like I said back and forth with no defending.
80th minute the scored to make it 4-2 ,5-5 on aggregate meaning Liverpool would be through ,but going in to the final minutes of overtime I made it 3-4.
Last minutes I played 5-4-1 ,very deep and defensive.
Shit game , last game on broadcast cam (I think) but I'm through to the quarter finals.
44354c35-1039-473a-94f6-cb7706bcd7c2.jpg

Genoa V Salernitana.
TP 15 min PAO Wide cam with an angle.
Brilliant and fun game ,tough as always playing Genoa ,but scored twice in the first half making it 2-0.
Second half and Genoa started playing more and more attacking football ,I had a hard time defending and managed to get a straight red card.
Backs to the wall ,then a corner and I scored.
Final result 3-1.

e42de0fe-e0d6-463b-9dde-01a9a1ccfc07.jpg

So with 6 games left (18 points) I'm 14 points clear.
Haven't broken out the champagne yet.
Still all to lose (doing the Bayern Leverkusen) ,but the league looks solid
75bf0ec2-a574-4b5b-9e65-f15b72c5c942.jpg

Semifinals Vs Juventus i Coppa Italia coming up.
Then Shaktar Donetsk awaits in the CL qtrs.

I find the Cam you use drastically affects how the game plays. Some seem to speed it up, some slow it right down. Weird.

Only squeezed in 2 games last night. Both v Bologna in the Copa Italia. Won 1-0 at home, lost 2-0 away, so dumped out. Boadu missed a sitter in the 94th min in the 2nd leg, he's gone right off the boil!!

Is there anyway to save more than 5 replays? Other than recording them on my phone or something? I've got a great one of Leao, basically 2 footed, waist high scissor kick on someone and it wasn't even a foul 😂😂

I find the Cam you use drastically affects how the game plays. Some seem to speed it up, some slow it right down. Weird.

Only squeezed in 2 games last night. Both v Bologna in the Copa Italia. Won 1-0 at home, lost 2-0 away, so dumped out. Boadu missed a sitter in the 94th min in the 2nd leg, he's gone right off the boil!!

Is there anyway to save more than 5 replays? Other than recording them on my phone or something? I've got a great one of Leao, basically 2 footed, waist high scissor kick on someone and it wasn't even a foul 😂😂
If you're in PS4 use the capture , with double tap SHARE button.

I stopped using the 5 replay slots years ago, ehen i discovered screen capture.

Camera angles changes gameplay as you say ,more than people think.
To bad stadium cam doesn't work for me ,but might keep at it later on.

Cup games are always weird ones ,seems those play very different from league games.
Tough luck , especially if it was early days in the cup ,i usually struggle to get past the first round (or round two where you start at)

Last edited:
Salernitana V Juventus FC
Coppa Italia semi final 1

Enjoyed this game ,full control when defending (love that) and scored 1-0 early ,a shot from outside of the box.
Dybala made it 1-1 early second half on a direct shot (pass from Bernadeschi) no way for Burki to save that one.

We pushed up late in to the game and Alici made it 2-1 in the 81st.
2-1 a good result going to Turin for the away leg.
21a80c3b-e6ca-4c36-949d-cce3475ca06f.jpg

Coppa Italia.
Semifinal nr 2.
Juventus v Salernitana

This was never really any contest ,I scored early on , Juventus looked tired and not really there.
2-0 came in the second half.
Salernitanas first ever final.
50e974f7-1435-4f5d-a580-aed2cb22ba82.jpg
ff906720-1076-4f61-83f4-f5f391ccd5ea.jpg

Next game is the quarter final Vs Shaktar Donetsk ,a team that no longer plays in their hometown Donetsk ,and haven't done that for a few years ,they play in Kiev

If this was IRL ,that game would have been called off!
🇺🇦

Lovely first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal Vs Shaktar Donetsk.

Not at all that frenzy ,Shaktar played a short passing possession game , threating me constantly ,but a great defense kept them at 1-1
Result wise ,it's a good one ,but need to get up In quality for the reverse fixture.
715adee2-158a-4383-8e00-a1b8c2434e22.jpg

CL quarterfinal nr 2 (1-1)
This was a pretty comfortable game ,i controlled events and was 2-0 up before halftime.
3-0 came in the 70th minute.
Yes ,we could ease off a bit.
Then 81st 3-1 87th 3-2 and Shaktar was one goal from winning it on away goal , immediately went all out defence 5-4-1 with two DMF.
Kept them from scoring and ...it's semifinals!
9a11a598-138f-4663-97cf-6ef7794f9840.jpg
Really two "Konami goals" at the end ,nothing to do.
But who cares , semifinals Vs PSG coming up.
The other semi has Barcelona V Athletico Madrid.

But first Serie A,next game could win the league ,if we win or Napoli loses.
Sassuolo away.

Round 34 Serie A.
Sassuolo V Salernitana

A win here and I'm securing the championship.
Konami had other plans , incredibly "scripted" i had to fight on every inch of possession ,I score-> they score.
Was up 2-1 until the 75th minute ,playing great despite the horrible "help" the CPU had.
Sassuolo scored 2-2 (own goal).
With five minutes to go i smashed in 3-2 ,the winner?
Another own goal made 3-3 and i had no clue on the other games.
87f65b23-e8ad-457d-bc63-369fbcb70df6.jpg

But once the final whistle sounded ,celebrations all around ,Napoli (our fiercest rivals had lost)

68010c45-c4a5-438c-a42b-f286d2311ac5.jpg0c8ec6e3-4346-4bb4-90b9-712fa89f5cb8.jpgf5029fa5-3736-499d-b096-8b638e609c6f.jpgf53a94d7-4957-4728-a394-cb2129f3574d.jpg

First ever title on this clubs 102 year old history.
The rest of my Serie A games will be simmed ,and I'll play the CL semi (and final if there and my Coppa Italia final)

c3965fcb-8883-443b-900b-7a27b8562c64.jpg

Goodmorning to everyone. As good as it can be these days. My ML is going pretty good, much better than i expected. I'll update my progress with a post. I am in Matchday.10, sitting 1st position of the table, undefeated by the moment.

Until the post comes, here is a Penalty Kick i conceded in my last match. Hopefully it did not cost me anything, except for one goal against.

Youtube link

I attach also Twitter link , in case Youtube copyright claim bans the video for some countries ;)

EFL Championship
Matchday.5
Burton Albion VS Preston North End

Tough Match, escaped with the +3pts. after a "buzzer-beater" goal :)
pdxoLLj.jpg

Match Video

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATCHDAY.6

Swansea VS BURTON ALBION

This time we were n't focused and lucky enough, so just escaped, avoiding the defeat with a semi-"buzzer-beater" goal.
qboVUAP.jpg

The match video

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY.7
Burton Albion VS Birmingham

Decent win, good performance
a3rxEW7.jpg

MATCH VIDEO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY.9

...Now i did not record a matchday (MD.8) here, don't remember the result. I usually take a screenshot , when i don't record a match, but i always forget to recover that screenshot latter...! :P

...So, back to MD.9

BURTON ALBION vs Nottingham Forest
Everything was showing the draw. But another late minute goal, another scrapping the victory, another +3pts.
QTrOz92.jpg

Video

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday.10 (the most recent until today)

Fulham FC vs BURTON ALBION

The toughest match until now. We were visiting FFC, league leaders, they're sitting on top of the league table, equal points with us, pre-game.
Great game, we conceded one goal by PK, it was not as ridiculous as other PK i've seen the referee awarding the CPU, but in my subjective opinion and knowledge of rules, it was not a PK. Hopefully it did not cost us anything in the final result...
VP91Ndb.jpg

The MATCH VIDEO

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary after 10 games. Although we have a very weak roster, in comparison to previous campaings, we are very decent and solid. The matches have a lot of tention and stress, but one way or another, we find an exit to win usually, or to draw when we can't win. Despite it is still too early, it is a good fact that we have n't loose, even in our bad days, neither we concede goal in every match.

By now we are, 10 games played, 20 goals scored aka 2 goals per game, 7 conceded aka less than 1 goal/per game, 7 wins, 3 draws, and from "strong" teams, only STOKE and WBA are left to meet with us.

If we can keep this rock solid performance and let the others hunt our tail, it will be very possible to end with promotion from 1st season.

It is very pleasant to watch CPU play "catch me if you can" and them being in the sucker's side. :D

Also possibilites for roster improvements are very few, due to tiny budget and "home rules". Outselling almost anyone that brings a good offer, and still stuck in 15.mil transfer budget. So it will probably be either 4~5 mediocre players in January window, or 1~2 decent startin XI players. What we need by now is a fast left-footed winger, and a good Right Back..

EFL Championship table after 10th Matchday

Kp3lG1n.jpg

Last edited:
Champions League
Semifinal 1
Salernitana V PSG
42af5220-177c-4f60-ace4-183c51ff53c3.jpg

This was a tough game ,even if I went 1-0 up after 10 minutes ,PSG was really putting in a show ,even though that final third magic wasn't there.
Mbappe/Messi/Neymar upfront , constantly causing chaos.
1-1 came in the 2nd half ,but I kept the game at that much to Roman Burki in goal ,amazing performance.
Game ended 1-1
Bet PSG will feel cheated of a victory here.

998e1a34-4241-4942-b4b8-59d895ce32c5.jpg

Champions League
Semifinal 2
PSG Salernitana (1-1)

First off all ,no Mbappe ,or Neymar?
And no Donnarumma in goal.
Guess their coach had other ideas for attacking in this game.

I shocked th.by making it 1-0 after 8th minutes.
Then PSG moved up and tried their best to score ,meaning I could counter attack.
Made it both 2-0 and 3-0 before half time ,PSG felt done ,they had no answer ,both my CB Stark and Koch headed away everything they tried.

Controlled events all second half ,Cavani made 3-1 but I counter attacked in 4-1 just before the final whistle.
A really disappointed game by PSG and a very strong one from us.
4-1 and bye bye to PSG
6f6cb490-4833-4486-9628-3d7458786c3b.jpg

My final will be against Athletico Madrid.
I have beaten Barcelona/Man City/Liverpool and PSG this CL season ,can't be much tougher than that.
But first Coppa Italia Vs Inter

Champions League
Semifinal 1
Salernitana V PSG
View attachment 147953

This was a tough game ,even if I went 1-0 up after 10 minutes ,PSG was really putting in a show ,even though that final third magic wasn't there.
Mbappe/Messi/Neymar upfront , constantly causing chaos.
1-1 came in the 2nd half ,but I kept the game at that much to Roman Burki in goal ,amazing performance.
Game ended 1-1
Bet PSG will feel cheated of a victory here.

View attachment 147955

Champions League
Semifinal 2
PSG Salernitana (1-1)

First off all ,no Mbappe ,or Neymar?
And no Donnarumma in goal.
Guess their coach had other ideas for attacking in this game.

I shocked th.by making it 1-0 after 8th minutes.
Then PSG moved up and tried their best to score ,meaning I could counter attack.
Made it both 2-0 and 3-0 before half time ,PSG felt done ,they had no answer ,both my CB Stark and Koch headed away everything they tried.

Controlled events all second half ,Cavani made 3-1 but I counter attacked in 4-1 just before the final whistle.
A really disappointed game by PSG and a very strong one from us.
4-1 and bye bye to PSG
View attachment 147956

My final will be against Athletico Madrid.
I have beaten Barcelona/Man City/Liverpool and PSG this CL season ,can't be much tougher than that.
But first Coppa Italia Vs Inter
Great victories until now against the top tier teams of Europe. Good luck for the final(s) dude.

Great victories until now against the top tier teams of Europe. Good luck for the final(s) dude.
Thanks buddy ,it's weird that the tougher the opponent's the better this game plays.
A game Vs Udinese can be horrible.

Your marching on with Burton.
7-3-0 is pretty damn good.

Think I'll pause my Salernitana career ,making all the preparations for a 4th season but might pause that and start something else

Btw @slamsoze what's your take on free agents/no renewals?
I think I need to make some house rules there ,way to easy signing a 75-85 overall players ,it gets a bit cheaty that way.
Think I'll still sign them ,but max 70-72 overall

I think without them I'd still be a middle of the table team.

Btw @slamsoze what's your take on free agents/no renewals?
I think I need to make some house rules there ,way to easy signing a 75-85 overall players ,it gets a bit cheaty that way.
Think I'll still sign them ,but max 70-72 overall

I think without them I'd still be a middle of the table team.
Usually i sign/sell everything moving. :D

This time that i did pay some respect to my home rules, i signed only Free Agents from the UK, or old players 30+yo , that had played for a team from England, Scottland in the past.

For the upcoming transfer window, i try to spend all the wage budget in 2/3/5 full transfers, so i will not be tempted to grab some FAs/noRenewals.... Maybe i will sign some "TeamPlayer" role Free Agent, but then again some kind of veteran from the EPL/EFL...

Cause i know sooner or latter, my dark side will take over, and i will start signing everyone! :) It is very nice when i set some home rules, and respect them, but once i spot some good free agents, or some good regen/16yo free agents, it is too difficult to resist. Especially players that i have an eternal love, like: Joaquin, Criscito, Pazzini, Aduriz, etc...

The most general home rules i try to set up, but again usually after 2 or 3 seasons, i ignore them, is

1) SAME NATIONALITY, can't keep the FIFA/UEFA rules for homegrowns, but keep a 51% same nation as the club's nation

2) Pay attention to the team Overall Rating, IE if i want to keep low/underdog profile, avoid signing players that will get me over 2,5 stars. If i want a mediorce team, don't go over 3,5 starts, If i am in my final turn, keep at least 4* team rating and let it be 4,5* ONLY BY existing player's development.

The most general home rules i try to set up, but again usually after 2 or 3 seasons, i ignore them, is

1) SAME NATIONALITY, can't keep the FIFA/UEFA rules for homegrowns, but keep a 51% same nation as the club's nation

2) Pay attention to the team Overall Rating, IE if i want to keep low/underdog profile, avoid signing players that will get me over 2,5 stars. If i want a mediorce team, don't go over 3,5 starts, If i am in my final turn, keep at least 4* team rating and let it be 4,5* ONLY BY existing player's development.
Sounds like good house rules.

If I start a new career.
I will (try to) have these.

1 no unrealistic signings ,like Harry Kane to Roma/Milan (if I play as them)

2 as much domestic players as possible ,depending on team of course ,all big sides in Serie A has a mix of all sorts of nationalities

3 respect "rules" regarding players past ,if a Torino legend ,I can't sign him to Juventus etc.

4 free agents ,either low ranked (70-72) or very old ,like I have with a few now in Salernitana. 35+ age.

5 Regens ,either edit them to other names than 16 year old "Quagliarella" (you can edit them right?)
Or sign Regens and sell them for a good profit to some obscure leagues/teams.

Probably end up with a few more rules along the way (like setting up a small budget to make it harder for a longer time)

Back
Top Bottom