The Retro-PES Corner

Thanks for the kind words, Yeah it's COM v COM but... I had to cheat a little to give it some more spunk.

I used the OF editor to globally adjust the attack & teamwork stats to 99 for all players, then I put match length on 20and difficulty on Professional.

It was mentioned in this thread a few times in the past that these stats tend to encourage the COM releasing the ball sooner rather than dithering on the ball and losing possession and to shoot more which it never does on vanilla. The longer match length ensures the COM has more time to get shit done and I found that playing on professional and not Top Player stops the COM from being defending against each other too well and helps prevent stalemates.

Plus of course playing in cup/league/ML mode as always boosted the AI and seems to make it play more aggressivley as opposed to exhibition so I think that helps.

You might have gone slightly over the top with this though - Italy getting 4 goals from Cameroon in one match would no way be happening in 1998. In a year, maybe :)

You might have gone slightly over the top with this though - Italy getting 4 goals from Cameroon in one match would no way be happening in 1998. In a year, maybe :)
Haha I know, even with goal machines like young Vieri, Inzaghi & Del Piero, the creativity in that team wasn't as delightful as it would come to be in the 2000's.

Still, the game hits it's mandatory Cup mode drama switch & then we have a World Cup story 😏

What modes are available in JLWE2007CC? I've tried to find the answer via Google but I can't find a definitive list. I'm just wondering if, in the absence of a Master League (I'm assuming), there's anything similar involving the J-League. I know there's a "World Tour" mode but I don't really know what this is...

What modes are available in JLWE2007CC? I've tried to find the answer via Google but I can't find a definitive list. I'm just wondering if, in the absence of a Master League (I'm assuming), there's anything similar involving the J-League. I know there's a "World Tour" mode but I don't really know what this is...
Hi Chris.

There is a Master League, World Tour, Selection Match, League and Cup mode and this is the first WE/PES with Fantasista or Become a Legend mode. There is something within Selection Mode involving JOMO All Star Soccer and also a Japanese Tour I believe.

How you can translate it, with DKZ ?
Yes with DKZ Studio. It took ages so it made me value the work Fernando done all those years ago even more. And this is with me using Google Translate and other Translation software which made it a quicker job, so it’s by no means perfect but it makes logical sense in 90%+ of the game.

Random retro PES question of the day #1...

What was the PES with the "fan rating" in the Master League? I really like the idea of fans forcing you out of the club as a manager, especially in this modern era where that really happens.

I just remember the little supporter holding up a placard with a rating on it, and thinking "go away you ungrateful git". @slamsoze I think you've mentioned liking all of PES 2010's ML features in the past, did it start out there? If so, did it carry on in 2011 and 2012?

Random retro PES question of the day #2...

I played PES6 last night (after watching @Marlon Anthony's fantastic World Cup series) and found myself really enjoying what I felt was some extra responsiveness from PES5, with players seemingly doing what I wanted them to do more often (without diluting player attributes too much).

Something else I liked (after coming from PES 2021) was that AI players would go on runs, beat defenders and score, rather than pass me to death (and completely ignore what players are known for in terms of their playstyles). PES 2021 is dead to me now because of that.

Was PES6 the last PES that had an AI that would run at you like that (if they had the right dribblers)? I've been watching videos of later games on YouTube this morning - though the majority of them are people playing on the easiest difficulties and hammering the goals in without really showing the AI's play at all - but it would appear that the "pass you to death" mentality kicked in from the first game(s) of the PS3/360 generation. Is that fair?

Last edited:

What was the PES with the "fan rating" in the Master League? I really like the idea of fans forcing you out of the club as a manager, especially in this modern era where that really happens.

I just remember the little supporter holding up a placard with a rating on it, and thinking "go away you ungrateful git". @slamsoze I think you've mentioned liking all of PES 2010's ML features in the past, did it start out there? Did it carry on?

I played PES6 last night (after watching @Marlon Anthony's fantastic World Cup series) and found myself really enjoying what I felt was some extra responsiveness from PES5, with players seemingly doing what I wanted them to do more often (without diluting player attributes too much).

Something else I liked (after coming from PES 2021) was that AI players would go on runs, beat defenders and score, rather than pass me to death (and completely ignore what players are known for in terms of their playstyles).

Was PES6 the last PES that had an AI that would run at you like that (if they had the right dribblers)? I've been watching videos of later games on YouTube this morning - though the majority of them are people playing on the easiest difficulties and hammering the goals in without really showing the AI's play at all - but it would appear that the "pass you to death" mentality kicked in from the first game(s) of the PS3/360 generation. Is that fair?
I think it's PES 2008, both "next" and "last" gen. Just say i think*, cause :

-i can't recall for sure, if it was more simplified in PES 2008 ps2, i think (again) it was, than in PS3/PC.

-again i think they kept some ratings for the next PS2 PES6 offsprings, aka PES 2009~2014.

In next gen, the best it could survive is up to 2009 ML,which is my less played ML version.

In 2010 next gen, aka PC, PS3, Xbox360 it does not exist for sure, there is another gimmick with affection counted by hearts, inside PLAYER DOSSIER, good luck to find it through the tricky 2010 ML menu, PDA-style ML interface. :P

Now if it is fan-rating, i must re-watch a 2008 ML video to remember, maybe there is a misconception here, cause, YES the rating is been held in a poster by a fan, but i dont remember if it is just cosmetic, i wouldn't exclude to exist, but can't recall right now.

What I remember for sure, the rating was starting from F or E or D, up to A and then again S for god tier rating, either A or S.

The main rating i remember was/is club fame. IE your starting club had D reputation, and you wanted to sign BALE who was A, or C. Ronaldo who was S. You couldn't even sign him, for all the GP (ML currency) of the world.

Or, again if i dont mix it with 2009, the game does not allow you to place an offer for a player with such higher rating than yours (your team).

But i feel there were more factors rated by those letter stats: A, B, C, D.. etc

Last edited:

I just remember the little supporter holding up a placard with a rating on it, and thinking "go away you ungrateful git". @slamsoze I think you've mentioned liking all of PES 2010's ML features in the past, did it start out there? Did it carry on?

Something else I liked (after coming from PES 2021) was that AI players would go on runs, beat defenders and score, rather than pass me to death (and completely ignore what players are known for in terms of their playstyles).

Honestly I don't think it's really true for any of the Ps3/360 games. CPU used to engage in hard, direct tiki taka at times, but it was also very competent in one v ones, especially in 12/13 (in 12 in particular people used to often complain that at times CPU dribbling was unstoppable). About 13, I still have tattoed in my mind this game where Messi did the, well, Messi in an incredibly vivid fashion. Just a small sample I took at the times I'm sure I already posted:

but I saved loads of others from my Reggina ML and proably could have saved many many more. Another nice random solo play( from Hazard this time):

Anyway, I think I could record AI do some good dribbling in basically each chapter of that era. Nothing to do with the last 3 modern ones where, indeed, playstyles of single CPU players are inexistent, at least in the dribbling fundamental portion.

Yes with DKZ Studio. It took ages so it made me value the work Fernando done all those years ago even more. And this is with me using Google Translate and other Translation software which made it a quicker job, so it’s by no means perfect but it makes logical sense in 90%+ of the game.
May i ask what was the most difficult part, was it translating player names? I may be doing an translation myself, but i would only translate the UI since i will be creating the players.

May i ask what was the most difficult part, was it translating player names? I may be doing an translation myself, but i would only translate the UI since i will be creating the players.

Thankfully I didn't have to touch the player names as these were already done by Fernando. I translated a large chunk of the in game text and UI as there were hundreds of lines of Japanese still present as the translation I had from Fernando was an early version, 1.5 I think.

It just takes time, opening each string file and going through each block translating, reading, interpreting and making some kind of English grammatical and contextual sense which isn't always easy especially when relying on computational translation software from Google and Apple. If you had someone who was a native English and Japanese speaker it could of course be done much quicker but I unfortunately only have very basic Japanese language skills and I cant read Hiragana or Katakana. So whilst my translation is by no means perfect it will be better that what we had before.

I've been having the J-League bug lately. Had a really nice game on Club Championship 2010 a couple of days ago, in my on and off Vissel Kobe J-League:

Was winning with a nice ball worked by my strong, but clunky forward Ken Tokura to my other forward Adriano (not the famous one of course lol), only for Cerezo Osaka to overturn it by 1-2 with two really nice goals of the AI (especially the first volley). Then I draw in the injury time and a few moments later again Tokura, helped by his red arrow condition, scored a free kick Batistuta style in the very last second that sent me flying for for the victory. For some reason it felt like a 90ies football power fantasy lol.

I've also did some game with J-League Winning Eleven 5. I completely forgot, or maybe wasn't even aware there was a J-L for this edition too. It plays really nice, with that known mesh of Ps1 elements and new refined things; except from the stats I don't feel many differences with the first Pes but admittely it's been a while since I played the latter.

Hey bros! This might be a shot in the dark but perhaps one of you can help me.

I'm looking for a PES 2011 Asian Leagues patch I saw a few months ago, but can't find right now. I remember it included a lot of the Middle Eastern Leagues, as it focused a lot in the region, but it also had the K-League, J-League, Chinese League, and I think Indonesian as well. I think the instructions were in Arabic, and it's quite an obscure one. But it was very complete. If anyone knows this patch, or where I may be able to find it, please let me know. Thanks in advance! :TU:

Last edited:
Thanks mate, take your time and don't forgot to post it on Winning-Elevengames.com

I just remember the little supporter holding up a placard with a rating on it, and thinking "go away you ungrateful git". @slamsoze I think you've mentioned liking all of PES 2010's ML features in the past, did it start out there? If so, did it carry on in 2011 and 2012?

Something else I liked (after coming from PES 2021) was that AI players would go on runs, beat defenders and score, rather than pass me to death (and completely ignore what players are known for in terms of their playstyles). PES 2021 is dead to me now because of that.

Edit: Sorry mate i copied the wrong post... I was just awake lol.

1. Well until JL2008 : nothing changed about the AI : but more agressive in JL2007-JL2008.
I just didn't liked that much the 2009-13 version (atmosphere isn't bad but i prefers the 05-08 style), without being atrocious next years versions i tested after those 2 EXCEPT PES 2014 (perhaps because it was the last one and the most ported even on 3DS > more involvement and rectification to a "real" PS2 PES should looks like. No idea, but i really like that version, different approach slower and constructive but it's cool to change.

2. You will found it on JL2007, PES 2008, JL2008 about AI doing special stuffs alone to the goal... And probably in PES 2014 / All PS2 of course.
But even in PES 09-13 there should be stuff like that. Just that i tried and avoid those version, they seems rushed by another PES production group, some ideas of gameplay copy-paste from their big brother in PCS36 when they could (like the super speed in PES 2009 or the shoot too often on target in PES 2010)

About ML JL2007CC (and others JL versions until the 2010)

You got it, and can choose between or J-League teams, or mixed teams foreign or original teams foreign. No problem.
But the J-League Mode is like an ML ++, with many stuffs in more, real pictures of all players, etc. etc. as every teams got historical informations added on that mode with the game, like rivalries etc.
My advice about gameplay is to play on JL2007 and JL2008. All others games from PES 2009 to 2013 was retouched by another group of the company (perhaps not PES 2014 as it was the very last and the most ported to every consoles... And the gameplay if way better than 09>13)
Yes there's fans ratings in ML since PES 2008.
But no idea if you can get a "Game Over" that way with many D or C. That's not impossible, if the wanted to found another way to get fired than bankrupt for example.

About "New Mode" in
In fact on JLW2007 appeared a new mode (called World Tour on PES 08 PS2, doesn't exist in PCS360)
It's like scenario mode with missions, and you fought against tons of teams in the world even from Gambia or whatever. Those ones are fakes.

But the others from Asia are "semi-real" : fakes names, real team, real roster i checked regarding WE9JL Asia were they're present.
Take a look for example here, old Albiore post on his blog : https://albiorepesedit.blogspot.com/2016/07/jwe2007-asian-real-team-names.html
Now about the mode, it's like "scoring 2 headers" and tons of scenario like this, but on a full match : not exactly the same, but same principle.

PES 2008 World Tour and hidden nations (PS2)

It's the only PES you can do World Tour and fight against almost 40 teams NIG. Some teams never been in any PES or WE, and the rosters are real.
Some got 16 players like San Marino, some 23 (like Senegal in a certain PES were they aren't present).

BUT, and it's important : noticed that those teams can participate in Every Continental or International cup but unplayable, from PES 2008 to PES 2014 PS2.

Personal future project (if i'm in the mood and got courage / i don't think so for the moment at least)

There's a tool called "hidden player editor" from PES 6 with hidden nations like Estonia, Uzbekistan etc., but it's 18 teams vs 40 teams, not for WT mode but Road to WC mode. @marqisspes6 tutorial gives me a tricks to changes to real names for PES 08 + real height/weight/foot. Some are licenced (Israel, Egypt) most aren't. it's kinda hard for me, i'm not used to "offset" (no idea what it mean) and Hexa.

I got a tool to do it in 3 games :
-PES 2013 PS2 (not interested at all)
-PES 2014 PS2 (much more interested).

But my main interest was ported on PES 2008 as i think it's the aboutissement on PES 4-5-6 good ideas. I would like to give an "almost perfect" version of it

@BillyKong Thanks mate, take your time and don't forgot to register and post you patch when you're at least in a beta phasis on https://winningeleven-games.com/ . You'll get much more downloads :TU:
Note: tells me before so i can take a look on that version if there's some missing stuffs like Preset faces forgot to assign or incorrect names etc.
I noticed 2 or 3 wrongly translated J-League teams too, like Nagai if i remember

Last edited:
I've been having the J-League bug lately. Had a really nice game on Club Championship 2010 a couple of days ago, in my on and off Vissel Kobe J-League:
Love this clip, even in the highlights montage, the game has so much soul and character, the animations looks fantastic and the net physics are superb.

Everything about it screams authenticity, Konami took great care with their J League license. Always made you wonder back then how much of a better job they would've done with FIFA's licenses than EA back in this period.

Always made you wonder back then how much of a better job they would've done with FIFA's licenses than EA back in this period.

That's just made me wonder something as well. Had FIFA not come along I wonder if PES would have continued to improve on its own path instead of trying to compete and go down the same path as FIFA in a failed attempt to challenge them at their thing instead of forging down their own path that had been so successful.

Hey bros! This might be a shot in the dark but perhaps one of you can help me.

I'm looking for a PES 2011 Asian Leagues patch I saw a few months ago, but can't find right now. I remember it included a lot of the Middle Eastern Leagues, as it focused a lot in the region, but it also had the K-League, J-League, Chinese League, and I think Indonesian as well. I think the instructions were in Arabic, and it's quite an obscure one. But it was very complete. If anyone knows this patch, or where I may be able to find it, please let me know. Thanks in advance! :TU:
this is for pes 2013

I noticed that for WE 8 (Japan) and WE 9 (Japan), they used players' hair style between April - June.

Beckham May 22, 2005 - WE 9 (Japan)
1656016299644.png gsdx_20220328213432.png

Fernando Torres (second game in Euro 2004) / (last game in Euro 2004) - WE 8 (Japan)

1656017169240.png1656017333812.pnggsdx_20220623225103.png

Raul Bravo (April) / June - WE 8 (Japan)

1656017638551.png 1656017671015.pnggsdx_20220623225222.png

Cristiano Ronaldo (April) / (June) 2004 - WE 8 (Japan)

cristiano-ronaldo-of-manchester-united-celebrates-in-the-dressing-picture-id50887721
sport-football-uefa-european-championships-euro-2004-jose-alvalade-picture-id78990215
gsdx_20220623230411.png

I noticed that for WE 8 (Japan) and WE 9 (Japan), they used players' hair style between April - June.
I love this, I was a massive nerd for players appearance & the specific time periods Konami's artists clearly modeled the players on. PES 4, When they started using more sophisticated head models, modeled most of their players from Euro 2004, C.Ronaldo was clearly modeled on his appearance towards the end of that season but they didn't change him in time but strangley kept that model for PES 5.

Konami mostly kept this trend until they just recycled the new heads from PES 2010 through to 2013. They started updating players hair with DLC in the later Fox years (and chasing ghosts pretty much as by the time they'd modeled the hair, gone through the nessacary bureaucracy to release the Data pack, the player in question would've had a makeover in real life anyway making the "new" DLC out of date already 😂

Probably should've left that player editor as it used to be then eh...

Reactions: H_G
Hey bros!

I've been playing PPID patch for PES 2013, the one that @EMILIANOGALLARDO suggested with the Asian leagues, and it's quite good! :TU: For some reason, my second time around with PES 2013 has been much more enjoyable, might have something to do with the gameplay in the first patch I played was not to my liking, but this time around, the gameplay and game speed is much better optimized to my taste!

Anyway, I have a question. I'd like to have two PES 2013 installed. One with the PPID patch for Asian Leagues, and another one with PESEdit patch, for my European campaigns. Is this possible in the same computer? How would I go about this? Thanks in advance. :)

Hey bros!

I've been playing PPID patch for PES 2013, the one that @EMILIANOGALLARDO suggested with the Asian leagues, and it's quite good! :TU: For some reason, my second time around with PES 2013 has been much more enjoyable, might have something to do with the gameplay in the first patch I played was not to my liking, but this time around, the gameplay and game speed is much better optimized to my taste!

Anyway, I have a question. I'd like to have two PES 2013 installed. One with the PPID patch for Asian Leagues, and another one with PESEdit patch, for my European campaigns. Is this possible in the same computer? How would I go about this? Thanks in advance. :)
Yes it's possible, i read it somewhere in pes-patch or something. I think you should modified save location in pes 2013.exe, maybe there's tool for that, i dont really remember but still possible. Sadly, I forgot the keyword though and nowdays even searching on google sucks, it's not like it's used to be.

Read this one is for pes 2011,maybe it works for pes 2013 too 🤷

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-2011-psd-patch-2021-2022-season.90931/post-3838524

Edit :

Found this one at moddingway

https://www.moddingway.com/file/28722.html

@millossobek I used to have the PTE patch as well as the Every 4 Years patch working as two separate versions of PES 2013. Problem is, I deleted them and re-installed them a year or so later, and now I can only play one (usually the PTE one as it’s the default install). I would love to know if you find a solution.

Back
Top Bottom