The Retro-PES Corner

For those who enjoy Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution such as the one kindly shared by @baygonstroberi here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fv4oe...cer_Winning_Eleven_6_Final_Evolution.rar/file

I have attached below a fully working Widescreen Patch for this title. The previous one included as part of the actual PCSX2 database does not work correctly as players end up popping in and out of the far extreme angles of the screen. A kind user on the PCSX2 forums managed to debug and apply the correct values to the widescreen patch for me.

*Please note the attached widescreen patch works with all versions of WE6FE but you may need to edit the title of the .pnach file based on the particular ISO version of the game you are running. I have personally tested this widescreen fix with the linked version of WE6FE above.*

Attachments

• Widescreen Patch.zip
    512 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
textextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextView attachment 167907

After some delays due to bug fixing the option file, here is J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship fully patched and translated into English.
Originally released in Japan on August 2nd 2007 as a PlayStation 2 exclusive - JLWE2007CC represents in some ways a Final Evolution version of PES 6 with gameplay being a mixture of PES 6 and PES 2008 (which was released only a couple of months after). The game is also the first one in the series to offer a Fantasista or Become a Legend mode.

Download link:

https://sharemods.com/ots8susrarbj/J.League_Winning_Eleven_2007_Club_Championship.zip.html

Patch Details:
  • Fully translated from Japanese into English. I took the base of Fernando's v1.5 English translation and added further English translated text to hundreds of untranslated strings. This was done with a combination of Google and Apple translation apps. Please note due to the nature of the computational translation software, there may be some sentences that do not make grammatical or contextual sense, and in some instances text may appear outside of their respective boxes due to word count and text size not being fully observed due to translating from Japanese to English, but for the most part you will be able to understand and read the text fine. Huge props to Fernando as this must have taken ages back in the day without these kinds of apps.
  • Imported club emblems, league and competition logos, balls, adboards, textures, banners, scoreboards and turf from an assortment of different patches including from the following teams: Wendetta, Brazukas and WE11 teams.
  • Additional sound files e.g. UEFA Champions League theme for competitions and PES 3 highlight theme for replay playback.
  • Option file kits based on @vialli82 and Wendetta option file, further updated with improvements and assignments as well as brand sponsors - Please note kits may not be 100% accurate due to logo import restrictions and other factors.
I want to give thanks to the following people:

@fernando - for his amazing translation that was used as a base and for all his hard work in previous patches over the last 20 years.
@vialli82 - for his fantastic option file that he worked on and improved and for his importing of faces and testing.
@marqisspes6 - for helping to support us with the development of an Option File editor for the J.League versions of Winning Eleven.
@morodolarama1 - for helping me by providing a partial AFS map for the game.
@Shales - for his support and providing downloads for a large number of previous titles.
@kerim - for offering to help link kits.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying '4 widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
It desverves a new thread in the Editing section

Got the 5 and 2008 (well skills moves are the same for both 2008 and PES 6, aswell as % for arrows : you don't really need the 6 except if you want to check original roster... With incomplete transfers)
I was also in possession of the 6 too but lost it or giving him to someone and never take it back.

I brought all of them as a friend was working with Piggyback. He was in charge of the skills and design for explanation + worked on script for the DVD.

Note: on PDF i remember founding some, but one was in German (i searched French or English)

Simple question why do you want it or just what do you need to know?

Last edited:
got the 5 and 2008 (well skills moves are the same for both 2008 and PES 6, aswell as % for arrows)
I just bought it in Italian language because I need some informations about tactics (editing them I'm seeing big changes in cpu behavior, I have to go this route).
And also because it is a collector's item.
Will I find useful information?

For tactics? No more than here or in a football website lol. Example for 3-5-2 you need WB with high stamina etc.

For tactics? No more than here or in a football website lol. Example for 3-5-2 you need WB with high stamina etc.
I need to understand how and to what extent some choices in tactics affect.
A-B-C, Manual or auto-attack and defence set for cpu and so on :))

Oh, that's a specificity not really explained on the book, i just checked what they said.
They're more focused on the impact of the arrows : because except the special instructions (not explained like "Counter attack" etc.) and Marking (explained but it's too simple and logic already in game)

That's something which is explained in game, if you read IG instructions it's something that choose automatically to your place regarding your players, their specificity etc.

At least on PES 2008 book there's nothing about it, nothing on PES 5 book neither (i think the system is even more simple, there's not all the choices you got in PES 6/2008)
Edit : you'll see in the PDF. It's more focused on manual tactics and arrows att/def, level of att/def etc. so all which is "manual".

Oh, that's a specificity not really explained on the book, i just checked what they said.
They're more focused on the impact of the arrows : because except the special instructions (not explained like "Counter attack" etc.) and Marking (explained but it's too simple and logic already in game)

That's something which is explained in game, if you read IG instructions it's something that choose automatically to your place regarding your players, their specificity etc.

At least on PES 2008 book there's nothing about it, nothing on PES 5 book neither (i think the system is even more simple, there's not all the choices you got in PES 6/2008)
Edit : you'll see in the PDF. It's more focused on manual tactics and arrows att/def, level of att/def etc. so all which is "manual".
Thank you!
As soon as I have time to give it a read I will tell you my impressions :BEER:

textextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextextView attachment 167907

After some delays due to bug fixing the option file, here is J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship fully patched and translated into English.
Originally released in Japan on August 2nd 2007 as a PlayStation 2 exclusive - JLWE2007CC represents in some ways a Final Evolution version of PES 6 with gameplay being a mixture of PES 6 and PES 2008 (which was released only a couple of months after). The game is also the first one in the series to offer a Fantasista or Become a Legend mode.

Download link:

https://sharemods.com/ots8susrarbj/J.League_Winning_Eleven_2007_Club_Championship.zip.html

Patch Details:
  • Fully translated from Japanese into English. I took the base of Fernando's v1.5 English translation and added further English translated text to hundreds of untranslated strings. This was done with a combination of Google and Apple translation apps. Please note due to the nature of the computational translation software, there may be some sentences that do not make grammatical or contextual sense, and in some instances text may appear outside of their respective boxes due to word count and text size not being fully observed due to translating from Japanese to English, but for the most part you will be able to understand and read the text fine. Huge props to Fernando as this must have taken ages back in the day without these kinds of apps.
  • Imported club emblems, league and competition logos, balls, adboards, textures, banners, scoreboards and turf from an assortment of different patches including from the following teams: Wendetta, Brazukas and WE11 teams.
  • Additional sound files e.g. UEFA Champions League theme for competitions and PES 3 highlight theme for replay playback.
  • Option file kits based on @vialli82 and Wendetta option file, further updated with improvements and assignments as well as brand sponsors - Please note kits may not be 100% accurate due to logo import restrictions and other factors.

@fernando - for his amazing translation that was used as a base and for all his hard work in previous patches over the last 20 years.
@vialli82 - for his fantastic option file that he worked on and improved and for his importing of faces and testing.
@marqisspes6 - for helping to support us with the development of an Option File editor for the J.League versions of Winning Eleven.
@Shales - for his support and providing downloads for a large number of previous titles.

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying '4 widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

Excellent work! Looking forward to checking his out 👍

🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 View attachment 167907🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Download link:

Patch Details:

1657148380339.png1657148409506.png

Hi bro! I've applied the Widescreen patch and followed these steps:

- Placed the file in cheats_ws folder
- enabled 16:9 aspect ratio
- enabled cheats
- enabled widesscreen patches

But the popup of "4 widescreen patches" does not appear. Anything I might've skipped?

Oh, and where is optimal frame pacing located? Can't find it anywhere..

Thanks a lot for your great work as well as your collaborators! Love Asian Football Leagues! :TU:

View attachment 167950View attachment 167951

Hi bro! I've applied the Widescreen patch and followed these steps:

- Placed the file in cheats_ws folder
- enabled 16:9 aspect ratio
- enabled cheats
- enabled widesscreen patches

But the popup of "4 widescreen patches" does not appear. Anything I might've skipped?

Thanks a lot for your great work as well as your collaborators! Love Asian Football Leagues! :TU:
Ah thats because you are on an older version of PCSX2 mate. I recommend you update to one of the latest nightly ones as the stable is very out of date now.

But dont worry if you want to stick with the older version of PCSX2 then all you need to do is enable the console to show up I think its in the Debug menu. When the game loads open the little console window and it will show a load of text as the BIOS loads and then the disc. When it boots the game it will say something like 'found 4 widescreen hacks' or 'enabling 4 widescreen hacks' in the console. That way you will know its working and you can turn off the console after.

Oh and optimal frame pacing wont be in that version that's why I recommend using the nightly version. They have incorporated that feature and have also made some significant changes to the user interface.

1657149411395.png1657149497838.png

Hi bro!

Actually, show console is in the "misc" tab.... But no widescreen hacks are found I think..

This is what shows.. Do proportions look good to you or is widescreen not enabled?

Reason why I keep using the old-school PCSX is because it took me a long time to get it to work properly, haha.

View attachment 167952View attachment 167953

Hi bro!

Actually, show console is in the "misc" tab.... But no widescreen hacks are found I think..

This is what shows.. Do proportions look good to you or is widescreen not enabled?

Reason why I keep using the old-school PCSX is because it took me a long time to get it to work properly, haha.

Looks stretched to me - strange. Let me test with the stable build hold on.

View attachment 167958

Actually bro, the one you uploaded is called EC85D0B6.pnach

Should I just rename it to the one you mentioned?
No dont rename it. I think you got confused. That one you downloaded is for Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution. When you downloaded JLWE2007CC there should be a subfolder in there with the correct widescreen patch as well as the option file. Please check again and let me know.

Ok bro, I double checked..You're right, you uploaded 96BCC674.pnach

1657152442740.png

I placed the file as you can see, in the correct folder (PCSX2/cheats_ws)

Then I start the game.. Take a look at the list, and this shows.

1657152555906.png

The hack is not loaded.

Sorry to keep posting it here.. Perhaps I should send you a PM. :)

can anyone help me i'm trying to play PES 6 on my windows 11, been trying for ages nothing i do works! I want to get the game and the patches

@BillyKong great work with your jl we 2007 patch, just a little tip, at the editing forum now we can use the tag PS2 when we create a thread, i asked Tom if he can do that, and he made it possible

1657168338750.png

i think that after 18/07 i will be free and i will be sharing with you how to do stuff like faceserver, hairserver, and maybe kit and minikitserver for ps2, so you can license and assign face and hair to everyone, maybe skinserver!? or bootserver!? stadium server its a little bit harder, but could be done

@BillyKong great work with your jl we 2007 patch, just a little tip, at the editing forum now we can use the tag PS2 when we create a thread, i asked Tom if he can do that, and he made it possible

View attachment 167991

i think that after 18/07 i will be free and i will be sharing with you how to do stuff like faceserver, hairserver, and maybe kit and minikitserver for ps2, so you can license and assign face and hair to everyone, maybe skinserver!? or bootserver!? stadium server its a little bit harder, but could be done
You are the GOAT 👍

For those who enjoy Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution such as the one kindly shared by @baygonstroberi here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fv4oe...cer_Winning_Eleven_6_Final_Evolution.rar/file

I have attached below a fully working Widescreen Patch for this title. The previous one included as part of the actual PCSX2 database does not work correctly as players end up popping in and out of the far extreme angles of the screen. A kind user on the PCSX2 forums managed to debug and apply the correct values to the widescreen patch for me.

*Please note the attached widescreen patch works with all versions of WE6FE but you may need to edit the title of the .pnach file based on the particular ISO version of the game you are running. I have personally tested this widescreen fix with the linked version of WE6FE above.*
Thanks for this, I was wondering, Is there a way to resolve this player popping in issue on widescreen on the GameCube version?

Also, Is there a way to fix the LOD on PS2 emulated versions? You get players with polygons missing from their hair and shirt names disappearing from the match camera and it's a bit off putting.

View attachment 167991

What a hero. 🙌

Great idea on the PS2 tag. All for distinguishing it from all that PC nonsense...

the-rock-bring-it-on.gif

😘

It's possible to create a kitserver for the ps2 games ?

I mean there's no WE/PES game that has a kitserver, right !

Back
Top Bottom