The Retro-PES Corner

Thanks for this, I was wondering, Is there a way to resolve this player popping in issue on widescreen on the GameCube version?

Also, Is there a way to fix the LOD on PS2 emulated versions? You get players with polygons missing from their hair and shirt names disappearing from the match camera and it's a bit off putting.
Unfortunately no to both of your points. I haven’t come across a widescreen patch that works effectively for the GameCube version yet. It would be nice to get one, but thankfully apart from the slightly better graphics of the GC version, the PS2 version is pretty much similar at least gameplay wise.

In regards to the shirt and hair issues on PCSX2, I tried fiddling around but can’t get any improvement. Tried increasing the resolution to 4K with 16x anisotropic filtering but nothing has helped. As you said it’s more a LOD issue.

Unfortunately no to both of your points. I haven’t come across a widescreen patch that works effectively for the GameCube version yet. It would be nice to get one, but thankfully apart from the slightly better graphics of the GC version, the PS2 version is pretty much similar at least gameplay wise.

In regards to the shirt and hair issues on PCSX2, I tried fiddling around but can’t get any improvement. Tried increasing the resolution to 4K with 16x anisotropic filtering but nothing has helped. As you said it’s more a LOD issue.
Yeah I thought as much. It's a shame because there's a treasure trove of PS2 PES gems but they don't look good at all when you're so used to the PC versions at 4K and LOD maxed out.

Maybe juce can help, he alone knows how LOD works in PS2 engine games... Lodmixer for PCSX2 PES 2008 is a dream 🙏

LOD Mixer
========
Enhance visual quality of your game. If your PC/XBox can handle extra work, bring the crowd back to the stadiums (on cameras like wide,long,etc.), turn up the level-of-detail in player models: no more "bald" foreheads, numbers on shorts/chests don't disappear, captain armbands don't disappear, higher quality kit and boots textures.

Maybe juce can help, he alone knows how LOD works in PS2 engine games... Lodmixer for PCSX2 PES 2008 is a dream 🙏

Just as a tip for those who wants to investigate, back then juce shared a tool for pes4 and 5 to change the lod level, the lodmixer but this one doesn't change on memory like kitserver, it changes it at the .exe file... So you can make a copy, change the values and compare what was modified and try to found the same value at pes2008 or any other, must be the same logic i guess... Its all up to you guys

Just as a tip for those who wants to investigate, back then juce shared a tool for pes4 and 5 to change the lod level, the lodmixer but this one doesn't change on memory like kitserver, it changes it at the .exe file... So you can make a copy, change the values and compare what was modified and try to found the same value at pes2008 or any other, must be the same logic i guess... Its all up to you guys
I was able to increase LOD with hex editing SLES_549.13 file , now you can finally see numbers and names on kits and shorts at a great distance, as well as faces with hairs. Also, kits no longer reduce resolution when the camera moves away. But that didn't fix the flickering textures issue. The problem is in the emulator itself.:(
yhMsar5.png

I was able to increase LOD with hex editing SLES_549.13 file , now you can finally see numbers and names on kits and shorts at a great distance, as well as faces with hairs. Also, kits no longer reduce resolution when the camera moves away. But that didn't fix the flickering textures issue. The problem is in the emulator itself.:(
yhMsar5.png

Wooow!!! Great work, would you mind to share screenshot of the before and after of the hex edit of the file?

Sadly we can confirm it is a emulator error maybe we could try on a console

I think that @geeeeee would be happy with this if you teach him how to do it :) since pes 2008 with high level details looks amazing, maybe will need some test on console
Theoretically, this can be done for any other PS2 PES game, now I know how to find it, what kind of byte array is there, etc. Too bad it doesn't fix that stupid PCSX2 flicking. Also, real PS2 is very limited in terms of resources. Even if you manage to launch the game with a modified file, it will certainly lower the fps.

Theoretically, this can be done for any other PS2 PES game, now I know how to find it, what kind of byte array is there, etc. Too bad it doesn't fix that stupid PCSX2 flicking. Also, real PS2 is very limited in terms of resources. Even if you manage to launch the game with a modified file, it will certainly lower the fps.

Glad my idea worked hahaha i hope it will be the same with lastest pes games, this will be really useful for bootserver and skinserver!

Yes that game deserved a thread. Like gee's O.F. (you still could ask to the moderator)

One thing : i redone some player faces but make a "miss". I've redone it quickly as the player doesn't looks like at all.
As that's the only thing i did since i shared the OF V1, i'll share the correction for @BillyKong .

Some fakes players are nothing like the real ones, but some real names players looks like a bit more (not enough) as the very first picture they appeared. Just they often mess up 3 things : eyes colors, hair style/colors (the most important when you play), and nose type.
Just to say from my observation, not that important. That's why i tried to restore, FTM, 3-4 clubs + assign preset on others clubs players (Ortega, Riquelme, some others on Panathinaikos or i don't know... Well)

So here's the player / just completely different, took from a website seems to misunderstood with another sharing the same last name :
Note : you can reset him and just assign hair + beard if you don't care ;)

Wasilewski (Anderlecht / Poland NT)

Face : 2/-3/+4/0
Brows: 27/-2 /-3/-1
Eyes: 24/0/-2/+1/0/2/Brown 2
Nose: 5/+1/0
Cheeks: 3/+2
Mouth: 12/+1/0
Jaw: 8/0/+2
Hair: Short 2/4/1 Color 8
Beard: 115 or 116 / Same as hair

Yes, it's only because of your advice and juce's lodmixer. :)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BELOW
the values im showing works for pes14 ps2 (sles_556.73), this may change depending on the game version you have, you will need to read carefully and remember to always make backup of your sles/slus file

if im not wrong if you search for the value 42 60 65 3D will lead you to the area of interest now as you can see there are 16 bytes that i selected every 4 bytes indicates a lod level, the first 20 c0 1a 00 its the higher value, we just need to replace the following with this value

1657395506319.png

here is how it looks after the change

1657392070132.png

that should be all that was needed

@BillyKong @Marlon Anthony this is what you will need to do to fix the lod level of the ps2 games

Attachments

• 1657391853940.png
    1657391853940.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BELOW
the values im showing works for pes14 ps2 (sles_556.73), this may change depending on the game version you have, you will need to read carefully and remember to always make backup of your sles/slus file

if im not wrong if you search for the value 42 60 65 3D will lead you to the area of interest now as you can see there are 16 bytes that i selected every 4 bytes indicates a lod level, the first 20 c0 1a 00 its the higher value, we just need to replace the following with this value

View attachment 168389

here is how it looks after the change

View attachment 168386

that should be all that was needed

@BillyKong @Marlon Anthony this is what you will need to do to fix the lod level of the ps2 games
Thanks marqiss I will try and have a go.

I think that @geeeeee would be happy with this if you teach him how to do it :) since pes 2008 with high level details looks amazing, maybe will need some test on console

:LOL: Yes would need a complete step by step beginners guide as i have no clue on that side of things.

I’ve been trying for the last couple of days ‘designing’ a ps2 cover for my option file. I find photoshop really frustrating at times trying to cut images from one layer to another which does not always work. Then when i wanted to print it the background would not appear so i ended up taking a screen shot and then transferring it to photos and printing from there. I will upload the image when i get a chance.

:LOL: Yes would need a complete step by step beginners guide as i have no clue on that side of things.

I’ve been trying for the last couple of days ‘designing’ a ps2 cover for my option file. I find photoshop really frustrating at times trying to cut images from one layer to another which does not always work. Then when i wanted to print it the background would not appear so i ended up taking a screen shot and then transferring it to photos and printing from there. I will upload the image when i get a chance.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-we-jl-fix-lod-level.91388/

This is the best i could do about it :)

Hey,

I want to learn how to change the money earned for PES5 / PES6 Master League, with creating a Cheat Trainer via Cheat Engine, like Elaf have done it.

Anyone can help me ? Or succeed to do it, so he could write a tutorial

ELAF MONEY IN MASTER LEAGUE TOOL for PES5 (V1)

New Tool to get a HARDER Master League
The tool divide by 2, the money earned when you draw or win a match in Division1 or Division2 in MasterLeague
According to this table:
League Result Before Now
D1 WIN 1000 500
D1 DRAW 500 250
D2 WIN 800 400
D2 DRAW 400 200

D1 season are 30 matches, so if you roughly win 20 matches you'll win 10.000 money in that season corresponding only to the result.
you have to add the draw matches, goals money (20 per goal).

So you'll be able to sustain a squad with salary between 10.000 and 15.000 (maybe more if you win Champions WEFA, and others)
Now you have 3 new handicaps/gameplay situations:
  • Harder to earn the necessary money to pay the salary in the season.
  • Prevents that you can overpower your squad, thinking better and balancing your squad.
  • Think better about sell and buy players

This tools is the result of months of testing with different game variables.

Link to the Tool (MEGA)

Instructions!:
  • - Open PES5 (Game must run under PES5.exe process!)
  • - Alt-Tab and Open the tool
  • - Press "Shift + H" (you'll hear a sound)
  • - Return to the game and play.
FAQ:
  • - I'm not interested in doing a WE9/WE9LE/PES6 version.
  • - The tool has a simple desing and i'm not interested in improving it, i've used the cheat engine making tool
  • - For the moment this is the balanced values according to me, we can discuss if values must be bigger or smaller values for the money earned.
  • - My english is not good, i'm a Spanish native speaker from Uruguay!

Its a game improvement, works on both

Oh ok great! I see the ripped clothing and bald patches are cured. :D

I only see that on the emulator, on my physical PS2 it is fine.

I noticed it when I was editing on my pc and was a bit worried that everyone would be running around in 'ripped' kits but when I transferred it to the ps2 it was fine. :)

Also, a quick question for yourself or anyone...

Does anybody know if changing the PES2008 title screen is possible on PS2? If so, do you happen to know where it is in the AFS Map?

This is the screen gameShotId,455583

I wish I could find the backup of my latest PES 5 folder again...
I have the disc, so I know I can install it again with little to no problem, but I made a huge work on it back in the day, spending endless hours on it... Replacing every player in international selections and in Serie A with fake ones and having lots, lots of fun with a 100% fake Italian league or with a 100% fake World Cup (with me and some of my friends playing for Italy, of course).

Damn, I miss those days.
*ale it was this post, as you mentioned you can't find the backup folder. Wouldn't have minded having a look at that.

Back
Top Bottom