The Retro-PES Corner

@marqisspes6 mate i did (more or less what you told me to do about unplayable teams (appearing everywhere in fact, on Euro, Asia, America cup or leagues) and something worked, but i'm suspicious about some stuffs.
Well, i didn't searched the way you explained (offset where in HEX and there wasn't any 44486 etc. but, in HEX, 0004ED6 and stuffs like that... Whatever)

.... But i got duplicates players, let's says twice 6000 to 6390, but the program doesn't allow more than 390 players it seems (like in PES 6). So the latest is still MEGAHED from Egypt + PES 6 database included by default when you open the Editor.

I think the only way is to "trick" one of the 2 tool : or EPB Biazotto for PES 2014 PS2 allowing to edit every teams, or the tool i mentionned before for PES 2013 "Nomad 2013" (it's a modded version) to make the tool recognise "Others Nations". But well, better to give up and try to avoid those teams when i start a cup. Even if for Asia it was superb with Indonesia, Vietnam, China (NIG), etc. same as America with even Guatemala etc.

Kinda like PES 2021 Euro with all teams / well not every single teams but the most important.

Well, there's no way to edit fakes players then, or i made something wrong. Annoying as those teams are everywhere, not only on World Tour but every Cup. Some got real names through like Egypt, but perhaps 5 on 40 teams.
Sorry for being annoying with it, but i just wanted to provide (and get) the best for the game i considers the better from the series but out very late while console where PS3 and X360...

And PES 6 got everything because it's on PC and modded but i just can't replay it anymore after retrying : day and night with the last i played > PES 2008/PES5/PES 2014 and JL2007 ps2
PES 2008 got nothing as a tool for PS2 and it's perhaps the best PS2 version. While PES 2013, 2011 PS2 for example are pretty bad and got plenty of tools.
That's why i'm a bit sad and annoyed about it, as i'm working a lot on it to provide a very reworked OF (as there's a lot of Bundes OF, but stats are all weird) + a mix with Competitions logos and players renamed and corrected.

@marqisspes6 mate i did (more or less what you told me to do about unplayable teams (appearing everywhere in fact, on Euro, Asia, America cup or leagues) and something worked, but i'm suspicious about some stuffs.
Well, i didn't searched the way you explained (offset where in HEX and there wasn't any 44486 etc. but, in HEX, 0004ED6 and stuffs like that... Whatever)

.... But i got duplicates players, let's says twice 6000 to 6390, but the program doesn't allow more than 390 players it seems (like in PES 6). So the latest is still MEGAHED from Egypt + PES 6 database included by default when you open the Editor.

I think the only way is to "trick" one of the 2 tool : or EPB Biazotto for PES 2014 PS2 allowing to edit every teams, or the tool i mentionned before for PES 2013 "Nomad 2013" (it's a modded version) to make the tool recognise "Others Nations". But well, better to give up and try to avoid those teams when i start a cup. Even if for Asia it was superb with Indonesia, Vietnam, China (NIG), etc. same as America with even Guatemala etc.

Kinda like PES 2021 Euro with all teams / well not every single teams but the most important.

Well, there's no way to edit fakes players then, or i made something wrong. Annoying as those teams are everywhere, not only on World Tour but every Cup. Some got real names through like Egypt, but perhaps 5 on 40 teams.
Sorry for being annoying with it, but i just wanted to provide (and get) the best for the game i considers the better from the series but out very late while console where PS3 and X360...

And PES 6 got everything because it's on PC and modded but i just can't replay it anymore after retrying : day and night with the last i played > PES 2008/PES5/PES 2014 and JL2007 ps2
PES 2008 got nothing as a tool for PS2 and it's perhaps the best PS2 version. While PES 2013, 2011 PS2 for example are pretty bad and got plenty of tools.
That's why i'm a bit sad and annoyed about it, as i'm working a lot on it to provide a very reworked OF (as there's a lot of Bundes OF, but stats are all weird) + a mix with Competitions logos and players renamed and corrected.

sorry for the late answer, as you may know, i've been working on the option file editor for j league games, i could try to do the same for the database for those games, also will include the pes manager or management it was? i can't recall, anyway, shouldn't be hard, i already have the code for this maybe i need to change a few things, but should allow you to edit players (and that will be all so far, because i want to focus on pes5, we9 and we9le pc only)

No prob you can answer in a week i'm not at all "hurry" or "crossed" for those thing mate lol. It's a forum, not MSN lol.

I've also worked on PES 5 (compatible with WE9LE) option file. But about PES, the 5 rivals totally with 2008 : i can't tell which one is better to be honest.
I prefers 2008 for variety and controls (no Forward / Down move) and i played lesser. The ball physics is better too. For once, on PC you should have that version instead of the PS3 one lol.

About the PES Hidden player Editor : take your time mate, i know you're working on what you want, i don't force you.
I'm just a (a lot) frustrated : as to me it's probably the only version i will play ML and every modes, and probably the final i will stay with for Retrogaming on PS2.
First spoiler why i "took a big break" on my PES 5 editing >

PES 5 got too much errors in database so it will be only "LEAGUE MODE" with leagues i corrected / and didn't finished yet, and i can told you i got to correct a lot. Database to me is very important. Sad that the game wasn't out later when there were more info in internet.
But i don't play PC so... And i don't like the "original season" stats, well it's not that i don't like but they're took from an old O.F. which got bad rating and plenty of errors in information, also i wanted Summer transfers like reality, not Winter, and i don't care about the "Season" : i want what Konami should have done, for the long term. Because we play for the long term ;).

I stopped as it took a bit too long to correct what i want, with WE10 stats and NT from WC. Imagine every single players to check and compare stats...
PLUS the biggest errors for ML no one seems to know : they given to every youth player random Growth type : and they corrected it on WE10.
"Standard type" was the... Standard lol

No about your next move(s) you may try
1.Perhaps something harder : JLWE9AC?
As the structure is especial, you can create league with 14 teams etc. but let's be honest, it's not appealing.

I through an option to add Logos on J-League versions, but only JL2008 is awesome, the others are weird to play, fast, a bit like their PS3 version etc. So i suggest to leave it like this, just for one game... Only Emblems are okay.
And it will be too hard to reproduce Spanish kits like we talked with ... Forget about it. Your editor is good like that :)

2. Now, something i'm very often encounter since i edit multiple version, and saw multiple OF with some face i can take on PES 6, or PES5 etc. :
>>An option on a simple Editor where you can take any faces from any PES.

Example I've remade a lot on boot PES 5/2008. Some aren't on 2008 but on PES 5 and vice versa.
The option to open an OF2 from WE9 to PES 14 and copy on every games starting from PES 5. Whatever that they changed the number of faces colors/type, or added presets, there's still faces "under" the preset + numbers are different /so better erase the option to copy the preset from a game to another. About skins colors i doesn't matter.

I put it on a second explanatory spoiler as it doesn't matter for my purpose:

-The problem was since WE9 to PES 200X is, sometimes the face colors didn't matched with the facial type / different for every colors. So they took the same system as the Next-gen game from that era.
-One solution was to "mix" some colors with types. There one type for example who got the "color 2" (basically asian type) but with Metis/Arabic type. I think there's also something different : color more Arabic typed but with Asian facial traits.

Also the colors 5 and 6 is a lighter black and a darker one (didn't checked changes of eyes/nose etc. type but it should be the same as the color 4 in PES).
In brief : it doesn't matter. You can change it in 2 click : it's not a problem for an option to copy faces from PES 5 to PES 2014, Including J-League :).

I told you the biggest issue as a RETRO (only) editor : you create faces or stats on a version. It takes time.
And if you want to recopy those parameters from a PES to another (or a WE). You have to do it manually...

And it's time consuming as fuck. And i wanted to copy all PES 2008 on PES 5 face remade > of course changing the hairstyle/beard ;)
But at the moment, i got to choose between one or the other. Won't i'll spend my life editing lol. But i'm very fast to remade a face accurately. I just need a simple pic even in 350x350 lol. For PES 5 i will send it to have a "real" original season, so for PC no issue regarding faces. Just want both PS2/PC users to be satisfied.

Thanks for your concern mate. I hope one day, you will did it for PES 2008 PS2, i think you'll be ready when you will finish your projects / mine should be finished in the same time or later so ;)

Good luck with your project(s)! And do what you want yourself first to be satisfied, or what you think it's relevant :)

(sorry for the very long post throught, spoilers are explicative, just to say it doesn't matter for the suggestions)

@BillyKong I've been enjoying your 2007 patch earlier, I was expecting the PES 6 engine but it seems like it's a different build of the engine as it seems to be slower and the ball physics are improved and the dribbling is better. Do you agree? The thing I hated most about 6 was you'd tap shoot and everything would balloon over the bar and they seem to have toned that down here too.

Also are you planning on patching J League 2008 in similar fashion? It's probably my favourite of all those versions as it was built on the wonderful PES 2008 build but those Turfs man, good god they're ugly.

Have you also thought about porting the crowd textures over from 2014 to this one too?

No prob you can answer in a week i'm not at all "hurry" or "crossed" for those thing mate lol. It's a forum, not MSN lol.

I've also worked on PES 5 (compatible with WE9LE) option file. But about PES, the 5 rivals totally with 2008 : i can't tell which one is better to be honest.
I prefers 2008 for variety and controls (no Forward / Down move) and i played lesser. The ball physics is better too. For once, on PC you should have that version instead of the PS3 one lol.

About the PES Hidden player Editor : take your time mate, i know you're working on what you want, i don't force you.
I'm just a (a lot) frustrated : as to me it's probably the only version i will play ML and every modes, and probably the final i will stay with for Retrogaming on PS2.
First spoiler why i "took a big break" on my PES 5 editing >

PES 5 got too much errors in database so it will be only "LEAGUE MODE" with leagues i corrected / and didn't finished yet, and i can told you i got to correct a lot. Database to me is very important. Sad that the game wasn't out later when there were more info in internet.
But i don't play PC so... And i don't like the "original season" stats, well it's not that i don't like but they're took from an old O.F. which got bad rating and plenty of errors in information, also i wanted Summer transfers like reality, not Winter, and i don't care about the "Season" : i want what Konami should have done, for the long term. Because we play for the long term ;).

I stopped as it took a bit too long to correct what i want, with WE10 stats and NT from WC. Imagine every single players to check and compare stats...
PLUS the biggest errors for ML no one seems to know : they given to every youth player random Growth type : and they corrected it on WE10.
"Standard type" was the... Standard lol

No about your next move(s) you may try
1.Perhaps something harder : JLWE9AC?
As the structure is especial, you can create league with 14 teams etc. but let's be honest, it's not appealing.

I through an option to add Logos on J-League versions, but only JL2008 is awesome, the others are weird to play, fast, a bit like their PS3 version etc. So i suggest to leave it like this, just for one game... Only Emblems are okay.
And it will be too hard to reproduce Spanish kits like we talked with ... Forget about it. Your editor is good like that :)

2. Now, something i'm very often encounter since i edit multiple version, and saw multiple OF with some face i can take on PES 6, or PES5 etc. :
>>An option on a simple Editor where you can take any faces from any PES.

Example I've remade a lot on boot PES 5/2008. Some aren't on 2008 but on PES 5 and vice versa.
The option to open an OF2 from WE9 to PES 14 and copy on every games starting from PES 5. Whatever that they changed the number of faces colors/type, or added presets, there's still faces "under" the preset + numbers are different /so better erase the option to copy the preset from a game to another. About skins colors i doesn't matter.

I put it on a second explanatory spoiler as it doesn't matter for my purpose:

-The problem was since WE9 to PES 200X is, sometimes the face colors didn't matched with the facial type / different for every colors. So they took the same system as the Next-gen game from that era.
-One solution was to "mix" some colors with types. There one type for example who got the "color 2" (basically asian type) but with Metis/Arabic type. I think there's also something different : color more Arabic typed but with Asian facial traits.

Also the colors 5 and 6 is a lighter black and a darker one (didn't checked changes of eyes/nose etc. type but it should be the same as the color 4 in PES).
In brief : it doesn't matter. You can change it in 2 click : it's not a problem for an option to copy faces from PES 5 to PES 2014, Including J-League :).

I told you the biggest issue as a RETRO (only) editor : you create faces or stats on a version. It takes time.
And if you want to recopy those parameters from a PES to another (or a WE). You have to do it manually...

And it's time consuming as fuck. And i wanted to copy all PES 2008 on PES 5 face remade > of course changing the hairstyle/beard ;)
But at the moment, i got to choose between one or the other. Won't i'll spend my life editing lol. But i'm very fast to remade a face accurately. I just need a simple pic even in 350x350 lol. For PES 5 i will send it to have a "real" original season, so for PC no issue regarding faces. Just want both PS2/PC users to be satisfied.

Thanks for your concern mate. I hope one day, you will did it for PES 2008 PS2, i think you'll be ready when you will finish your projects / mine should be finished in the same time or later so ;)

Good luck with your project(s)! And do what you want yourself first to be satisfied, or what you think it's relevant :)

(sorry for the very long post throught, spoilers are explicative, just to say it doesn't matter for the suggestions)

Well there's a lot to answer... About jl we9 ac, its on my plans, the idea was to finish my option file editor and then give support to jl we9 ac immediately because its another of my favourite games, but since im a bit stuck with the editor, like I want to do something and i wanna do it right, dont get me wrong, compulsion editor its amazing and works really good, but the down side is that he had to create and compile a new version for each pes game, as you notice i was able to provide support for almost 4/5 games in just one editor, and in fact if i make some changes i can add support to pes6 to pes2010 and we10 to we2010 it will add almost 10 more games into the list, with just one tool, almost 15 games edited with just one software... Now here comes the issue i think that i already explained but it needs to be understood

Pes4/we8/we8le/jlwe8/pes management have their own option file structure (and i have some doubts on the we8le and jlwe8)
Pes5/we9/we9le/we9j/jlwe9ac have another option file structure
Every pes, we, jl game between 2006 until 2010 have their own structure (and in fact there are some small changes in some versions)
Now pes11 to 14 including the we games, have another option file structure...

That being said, its quite hard to make a tool that will allow to import from another game outside the range of similar option file structure, even tho we know there are some similarities, where am i aiming to get? Well the idea is to get a csv importer/exporter for all those games, people may have to make some changes to import data from one to another, but it will be the most easy thing to do, and will improve a lot the time of editing, of course i will need to release like... 4 or 5 different versions of option file editors , but its a lot better than releasing one per game. So once i manage to found the right formula to provide support for most of the games in my editor then i will start working on giving support for those other games and things will be easier to me when it comes about changing code

Now about faces if your talking about those created with internal editor, then will be done with my csv import/export in the future, if you mean about the bin file with the picture and 3d model then those faces works between pes14 until pes11 and pes10 until pes4 because they have the same structure, but there's a problem ps2 3d models are different from pc ones, so they need to be converted and its not that simple, why? Simple, ps2 version have less quality than pc ones, obvious reason, they couldn't process such amount of polygons also the file structure is really different, i manage to convert those into obj to open in blender, but thats all, there are people who are working on converters for pes14-11 to pes10-4 versions i think you can find them on YouTube about the skin colour sadly there's nothing we can do about, we can't incress the amount of skin colours on olders games, i already tried.

My schedule with projects right now is to finish pes5 pc scoreboard server (infinity number of scoreboards will be able to selected from the kitserver menu), chant server (chants for all teams), referee server (infinity number of referees with their faces selectable from kitserver menu)
After that... I wanna work more on the skinserver project for pes5 pc
Then if im still not crazy probably will add the emblems import and try to work on the transfer for my jleague editor + kit options editing such as model, radar colour, license, etc.
After that i wanna start making some tutorials about ps2 on how to do afs-servers to have full license on everything

@BillyKong I've been enjoying your 2007 patch earlier, I was expecting the PES 6 engine but it seems like it's a different build of the engine as it seems to be slower and the ball physics are improved and the dribbling is better. Do you agree? The thing I hated most about 6 was you'd tap shoot and everything would balloon over the bar and they seem to have toned that down here too.

Also are you planning on patching J League 2008 in similar fashion? It's probably my favourite of all those versions as it was built on the wonderful PES 2008 build but those Turfs man, good god they're ugly.

Have you also thought about porting the crowd textures over from 2014 to this one too?

Hey Marlon! Thanks for the kind words.
Yes there are some subtle (and not so subtle) changes with JLWE2007 compared to PES 6. Shooting is definitely better with improved ball physics and like you said it’s shooting model is far more balanced so when you tap it doesn’t end up in the stratosphere.

Unfortunately the ball physics whilst better than PES 6, aren’t as good as those in WE9LE. Same for the referees. I appreciate some people disliked the referees in PES 5/WE9LE but PES 6 went way too far the opposite way. JLWE2007CC is better in that respect but again not by a huge amount.

vialli also asked me about JLWE2008CC. Sadly there is no option file available to work on for it and it would be too big a job as that particular version also has an unlicensed La Liga for no apparent reason making it even more problematic. Especially since you can’t just import kits like you could with PES 5 and earlier titles. And I hate relinking kits because you effectively lose another licensed kit somewhere else.

If someone gets a good option file or manages to convert one from another version I may consider it in the future.

At the moment I am looking into further patching WE9LE for PS2 as I consider that the pinnacle of the series. kerim is looking into importing kits from a WE9 PS2 patch for me whilst I focus on other areas. No guarantee anything will come from it as there are some issues importing the English translated database from an option file into the main game but hopefully we can do something similar to what we done with JLWE2007CC.

Well there's a lot to answer... About jl we9 ac, its on my plans, the idea was to finish my option file editor and then give support to jl we9 ac immediately because its another of my favourite games, but since im a bit stuck with the editor, like I want to do something and i wanna do it right, dont get me wrong, compulsion editor its amazing and works really good, but the down side is that he had to create and compile a new version for each pes game, as you notice i was able to provide support for almost 4/5 games in just one editor, and in fact if i make some changes i can add support to pes6 to pes2010 and we10 to we2010 it will add almost 10 more games into the list, with just one tool, almost 15 games edited with just one software... Now here comes the issue i think that i already explained but it needs to be understood

Pes4/we8/we8le/jlwe8/pes management have their own option file structure (and i have some doubts on the we8le and jlwe8)
Pes5/we9/we9le/we9j/jlwe9ac have another option file structure
Every pes, we, jl game between 2006 until 2010 have their own structure (and in fact there are some small changes in some versions)
Now pes11 to 14 including the we games, have another option file structure...

That being said, its quite hard to make a tool that will allow to import from another game outside the range of similar option file structure, even tho we know there are some similarities, where am i aiming to get? Well the idea is to get a csv importer/exporter for all those games, people may have to make some changes to import data from one to another, but it will be the most easy thing to do, and will improve a lot the time of editing, of course i will need to release like... 4 or 5 different versions of option file editors , but its a lot better than releasing one per game. So once i manage to found the right formula to provide support for most of the games in my editor then i will start working on giving support for those other games and things will be easier to me when it comes about changing code

Now about faces if your talking about those created with internal editor, then will be done with my csv import/export in the future, if you mean about the bin file with the picture and 3d model then those faces works between pes14 until pes11 and pes10 until pes4 because they have the same structure, but there's a problem ps2 3d models are different from pc ones, so they need to be converted and its not that simple, why? Simple, ps2 version have less quality than pc ones, obvious reason, they couldn't process such amount of polygons also the file structure is really different, i manage to convert those into obj to open in blender, but thats all, there are people who are working on converters for pes14-11 to pes10-4 versions i think you can find them on YouTube about the skin colour sadly there's nothing we can do about, we can't incress the amount of skin colours on olders games, i already tried.

My schedule with projects right now is to finish pes5 pc scoreboard server (infinity number of scoreboards will be able to selected from the kitserver menu), chant server (chants for all teams), referee server (infinity number of referees with their faces selectable from kitserver menu)
After that... I wanna work more on the skinserver project for pes5 pc
Then if im still not crazy probably will add the emblems import and try to work on the transfer for my jleague editor + kit options editing such as model, radar colour, license, etc.
After that i wanna start making some tutorials about ps2 on how to do afs-servers to have full license on everything
I read this post of yours by chance, but I understand that I will be waiting to release updates :D

@marqisspes6 yes i was talking about the in-game editor faces. It's one of the 2 things you can't do in Compulsion's editors.
The second is you can't assign Growth type.
The thing is, i noticed that every game pre-PES 6 got growth type a bit messed up for youth and random.

After (so WE10) they redone every single player setting to "standard" growth type and changed only if it was demonstrated, proved, regarding or for older his career, or for youngster their potential/reputation, even his form for the moment (youth that got Early Peak but high stats won't grow too much and decrease quickly > from their perception of the player)

Edited:
Those versions where VERY focused on ML so Growth type is pretty important. Was kinda fun when youth were randomly rated... As it's a game, but not accurate. As it was the main mode until PES 2014, they reworked it again as a "big" change they didn't said in WE10/PES6 era for the future.
Low stats for youth players etc. still kinda logic even before that change, but for approximatively every unknown player : it was random.

Last edited:
@marqisspes6 yes i was talking about the in-game editor faces. It's one of the 2 things you can't do in Compulsion's editors.
The second is you can't assign Growth type.
The thing is, i noticed that every game pre-PES 6 got growth type a bit messed up for youth and random.
After (so WE10) they redone every single player setting to "standard" and gived only accurate growth type regarding or for older his career, or for youngster their potential/reputation.

Those versions where VERY focused on ML, as it was the main mode until PES 2014, so low stats for youth players etc. was kinda logic.

Growth type is a complicated stat, is linked to special abilities like elastico from Ronaldinho and all those special moves... Sadly its like that and will be always a complicated one

Growth type is a complicated stat, is linked to special abilities like elastico from Ronaldinho and all those special moves... Sadly its like that and will be always a complicated one

Yes, it's complicated. Just that i said it was random at least on WE9/PES5 era and for example, on my O.F., i wanted to restore it by checking on WE10 (who got practically every players different growth type, settle to "standard" (when they don't know) as a... Standard lol.
I prefers like this that completely random so i've also corrected a lot of teams on my PES5.

And i will try to end it, but there was too much to correct so i took a break. I also love PES 2021 so... My next move will probably be on that version. I did almost 70% of what i wanted on PES 5, but the 30% remaining are more annoying and takes a bit more time than i supposed.

But with your csv importer, i could re-import tons of faces. Or just an option like a PES 2014 editor which permit to open any other OF2 to import any players (way quicker than CSV by CSV) : it's from PeterC10 i think. Called Pes Editor 8.0.1 for PES 2014 PS2, allowing to do that.

Edit : Ah yes, one thing you can't do in PES 2008 is to import "Special Hairstyle 2". It's sad because some of my player are very lookalike with the in-game editor especially when you launch a game hard to tell a difference with a preset when it's well done, except that you can't choose hairstyle, for that PES 5 and 6 (that i'm not a fan so i don't want to edit it) are better.
But there's a way : you base copy a player from your own OF to the player you want. Then you edit him...
The issue is you can't try and choose the accurate haircut and colour (on RGB) are assigned by default.

Just talking mate, not asking anything.
But in terms of editing in-game, PES 2008 made a step behind regarding that option...
Well, they wanted to make "compatible" the database with Next Gen version i suppose.

I hope one day there's no need any Emulator to reproduce that PS2 version on PC, litterally "reproducing" the game, because it's one of the very best PES/WE version. Top 3 with no doubt, including J-League version. And you can't add a gameplay on any PES from a PS2 version so...

Last edited:
The project is appeling to me which is an Asian football amateur, but it's on PES 2013, and i retried and really hate the feeling of that version.

I can't play 2013, ball physics, players weight, defence... 2012 seems even better in those area even if i still don't like the PS2.5 versions.

My favorite no contest is PES 2011 and even more with the time since i retried it those last week : when the game was out, some feeled that there still some robotic animations, transitions etc. in comparison to Fifa etc. ....
But now i don't care at all as i'm not waiting for something brand new, fresh like in the old time (i was on a cloud when they created PES 2014 just for the engine)

I like two "bad horse" version too, a bit miscalculted and misunderstood with the time even if they're not superber : PES 2008 and PES 2014 PC.
2010 is still pretty enjoyable but too easy to shoot on target and kinda repetitive, there's no complete miss like on every older PES > but it's ok as he got some qualities that other PES don't have like AI and very good players stats difference, good defense too, cards etc. also the best lighting/graphims on PCS360.

Hi,

@Chenghis.Khan has done fantastic work and descriptions for tactics in this thread. 😊

Thread 'Team Tactics for WE9(LE)'
https://evoweb.uk/threads/team-tactics-for-we9-le.73798/

thanks for the mention :). not sure how accurate the explanations from years ago still are though. pretty sure i once used the combination of Back Line A & Pressure C as an example of horrible ideas (may have even called it 'suicidal' or somesuch...) when right now it might actually be my go-to setup for a solid but not overly aggressive defense. :LOL:

thanks for the mention :). not sure how accurate the explanations from years ago still are though. pretty sure i once used the combination of Back Line A & Pressure C as an example of horrible ideas (may have even called it 'suicidal' or somesuch...) when right now it might actually be my go-to setup for a solid but not overly aggressive defense. :LOL:
Talking about it : on PES Editors for option files, after PES5, there's still 2 from A to C who aren't shown in game. Don't remember, needs to check.
They disappeared from the game, but still visible (and, thankfully, modifiable) on those O.F. editors.

I searched everywhere in game. But only 2 remains. Still got no idea why, or if i searched wrongly, as except some "Automatic editing team" options with case to check they didn't added anything really related to tactics since PES 5...
Still don't get it.

yeah, same with the "consistency" stat.
haven't played the newer games from pes6 on in too long to recall if those settings still make a difference when changed in the editor unfortunately.

and then there are the extra goalkeeping stats they made just for the japanese NT... :DD

btw, - don't know if it fits this thread - anyone been watching the euros going on right now? i've seen a few wc & euro knock-out games here and there since 2015 but this is my first full women's tournament and i'm extremely impressed. maybe memory is hazy but it feels like collective technique hast taken a serious jump the last few years and is on par with the men's game. obviously less physicality and thus less physical pressure on the ball which possibly makes it seem easier but that actually increases watchability for me. been also watching some early-mid 00's men's serie a & cl games and the difference in ball control is just jumping off the screen. men & women at the highest level look sooo much more in control of a football than men did 20 years ago it's crazy (it's obviously also due to tactics and so on).
anyway the spanish nt seems a clear outlier how smooth and composed their ball circulation is even between the lines under pressure from multiple directions. it's beautiful. first game vs finland, the finnish girls were so compact there was basically no space between the lines and still spain could circulate play *within* finland's formation. spain is not *that* great though. they're massively vulnerable to counters, leaving too many gaps in their press and not having any significant recovery pace in the back line...which is how you lose to a pressing & countering germany despite playing better football, controlling the ball and even creating clearly more xg.

after watching a few games i have new favorite footballer :D
aitana bonmatí is amazing, like if simone perrotta traded in some speed & energy for world class technique, very good agility, dribbling, passing, vision & better finishing :LOL:. can't think of a comparison really. maybe a cross between perrotta & götze?
a defensively reliable midfielder, who can safely circulate the ball deep and is a god off the ball so that she alternates between link player between the lines who can create under pressure (creative but not too good at killer balls) and off the shoulder running threat in behind the defense who can assist and finish well and even head in crosses off of clever movement despite being tiny like 09 messi in cl finals.
technically gifted perrotta always sounded like my dream player anyway (huuuuge perrotta fan) and i just found out such a player actually exists! :LOL:

spain is playing host and co-favourite england in the quarters, tomorrow i think.

Last edited:
btw, - don't know if it fits this thread - anyone been watching the euros going on right now? i've seen a few wc & euro knock-out games here and there since 2015 but this is my first full women's tournament and i'm extremely impressed. maybe memory is hazy but it feels like collective technique hast taken a serious jump the last few years and is on par with the men's game. obviously less physicality and thus less physical pressure on the ball which possibly makes it seem easier but that actually increases watchability for me. been also watching some early-mid 00's men's serie a & cl games and the difference in ball control is just jumping off the screen. men & women at the highest level look sooo much more in control of a football than men did 20 years ago it's crazy (it's obviously also due to tactics and so on).
anyway the spanish nt seems a clear outlier how smooth and composed their ball circulation is even between the lines under pressure from multiple directions. it's beautiful. first game vs finland, the finnish girls were so compact there was basically no space between the lines and still spain could circulate play *within* finland's formation. spain is not *that* great though. they're massively vulnerable to counters, leaving too many gaps in their press and not having any significant recovery pace in the back line...which is how you lose to a pressing & countering germany despite playing better football, controlling the ball and even creating clearly more xg.

aitana bonmatí is amazing, like if simone perrotta traded in some speed & energy for world class technique, very good agility, dribbling, passing, vision & better finishing :LOL:. can't think of a comparison really. maybe a cross between perrotta & götze?
a defensively reliable midfielder, who can safely circulate the ball deep and is a god off the ball so that she alternates between link player between the lines who can create under pressure (creative but too good at killer balls) and off the shoulder running threat in behind the defense who can assit and finish well and even head in crosses off of clever movement despite being tiny like 09 messi in cl finals.
technically gifted perrotta always sounded like my dream player anyway (huuuuge perrotta fan) and i just found out such a player actually exists! :LOL:

spain is playing host and co-favourite england in the quarters, tomorrow i think.
I'm impressed by how women's football had become lately, there are already a thread for WEURO 2022 by @Carles P. and a WAFCON 2022 by me which I update in a constant basis. Check'em if you want more details.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/uefa-weuro-2022-england.91370/
https://evoweb.uk/threads/2022-africa-women-cup-of-nations-morocco.91374/

yeah, same with the "consistency" stat.
haven't played the newer games from pes6 on in too long to recall if those settings still make a difference when changed in the editor unfortunately.

and then there are the extra goalkeeping stats they made just for the japanese NT... :DD
The thing is, some of my Bundes team Hamburg or Dormtund for example (many good players created not in game) got the Hexagon very small.
I didn't edited Consistency yet, and they were at least better than a 15th team league from France...
So i trough "i'm sure it's because of consistency "4" by default".

I updated the O.F. upgrading their Consistency and Dortmund/Hamburg were better than practically every French league team / let's say Monaco's level (pretty strong that era, the final vs Porto etc.)

Hey guys! I've been playing quite a bit of JLeague WE 9 Asia Championship lately, and wanted to ask you, what do you feel is the most realistic difficulty setting for this installment?

1658306375877.png

I've been playing with 4 star difficulty at the moment, 20 minutes, but I'm having quite a tough time scoring/conceding.. Most of my matches end up 0-0! I'm not sure if it's a question of gameplay or difficulty, but chances are kind of tough to come by both ways. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what difficulty settings you like to play at in WE9! :TU:

PS: I'm not quite sure if JLWE9AC and PES 5 default have the same gameplay characteristics, but I'm guessing they do..

In which PS2 era PES/WE game did you most feel the impact of stats on gameplay and the difference between players?

a defensively reliable midfielder, who can safely circulate the ball deep and is a god off the ball so that she alternates between link player between the lines who can create under pressure (creative but not too good at killer balls) and off the shoulder running threat in behind the defense who can assist and finish well and even head in crosses off of clever movement despite being tiny like 09 messi in cl finals.

Would it be amazing seeing some Women football teams in your option files for pes5/we9!

oh and we'd need player stats. is there a psd for women? :LOL:....because I'm no good at making stats...

faces are the least important bits for me actually. i almost never get to see them when playing anyway. body shape, roughly recognizable hair and generic female faces would do for me.

oh and we'd need player stats. is there a psd for women? :LOL:....because I'm no good at making stats...

faces are the least important bits for me actually. i almost never get to see them when playing anyway. body shape, roughly recognizable hair and generic female faces would do for me.

About stats...
https://sofifa.com/teams?gender=1

I have made a converter from so fifa to pes5 but of course is not perfect, maybe could be improved but will be like the first source of stats at least :) if we cover stats, some kits and the body shape would be amazing

In which PS2 era PES/WE game did you most feel the impact of stats on gameplay and the difference between players?
Personally, I really feel the impact of stats on PES 6/WE 10 in terms of everything, ball control, passing, goalkeeping, speed, etc.. Overall just a really good game stats-wise. :TU:

Being honest i have not really watched much of it. One thing that i think needs to be done though is to reduce the size of the goals, width and height. Whenever I see goals from distance I just think that the gk would have saved it if the goals were slightly smaller. I just checked online and the average male gk is 6 foot 2 while the female gk is 5 foot 8. So i think it is not fair on gk’s. :)

Back
Top Bottom