UFL [All Platforms]

Reading some twitter comments, mostly negative, but then there are those pointing out that it will get better because it is free to play...
Where does this idea come from? That free to play games are somehow better? And have more potential to improve than traditional games?
It is such bullshit to me. They might get updated more often so they can sell you more shit to make up for being free to play, that's it

Reading some twitter comments, mostly negative, but then there are those pointing out that it will get better because it is free to play...
Where does this idea come from? That free to play games are somehow better? And have more potential to improve than traditional games?
It is such bullshit to me. They might get updated more often so they can sell you more shit to make up for being free to play, that's it
F2P model is more to dismiss any accountability towards delivering well working product because, you know its free and no one has to play it.

Gameplay Scenes in better Quality:

The Turf looks horrible, i mean, really really horrible.
And no net movement at all.
At 0:11 there is some crazy skating before the shot.
Skating…? Are you serious buddy? There’s not a single skating frame on that animation, on the other side the game looks kind of slow to avoid such things, things we basically see in every single match on PES or FIFA, this game looks like it can be the answer to the simulation gameplay many are looking for if well polished… finger crossed!

Skating…? Are you serious buddy? There’s not a single skating frame on that animation, on the other side the game looks kind of slow to avoid such things, things we basically see in every single match on PES or FIFA, this game looks like it can be the answer to the simulation gameplay many are looking for if well polished… finger crossed!
I know a guy who's legally blind and he'd be able to notice the skating. This is 5x the pace of real football btw.

This was awful, feel like I was watching a FUT spinoff series
I honestly think eFootball can be a great game as long as we get the modding running for it, but for UFL, no hope left for me, it really looks like Fifa

Guys, I'm not gonna say I'm impressed or anything like that BUT don't forget, they're a new studio, they're not like EA or Konami with billions of dollars. They're just like us, fans and modders. Yeah it looks like Fifa BUT Fifa isn't the worst when it comes to graphics. We should care about gameplay and this 1 minute footage didn't show anything basically and it's not even the full game. I'm gonna judge it when the full game is out.

This was awful, feel like I was watching a FUT spinoff series
I honestly think eFootball can be a great game as long as we get the modding running for it, but for UFL, no hope left for me, it really looks like Fifa
it never claimed to be something else. They want a FUT but with more Fairness and not that much of pay to win. They never stated something else so.

Guys, I'm not gonna say I'm impressed or anything like that BUT don't forget, they're a new studio, they're not like EA or Konami with billions of dollars. They're just like us, fans and modders. Yeah it looks like Fifa BUT Fifa isn't the worst when it comes to graphics. We should care about gameplay and this 1 minute footage didn't show anything basically and it's not even the full game. I'm gonna judge it when the full game is out.
good point but there is a saying which applies to other games " first impression is a lasting impression"

I'm going to try not being harsh for a couple of reasons, the 1st being that this is a new series from a new studio, so I don't find it fair to judge them with the same set of standards I'd use to judge EA and Konami, the 2nd reason being that I knew even before the trailer that this wasn't for me, because I'm an offline player, not interested in online modes very much, since my favorite way of playing is with my dad together against the CPU.

Now, I have to say that I dislike when companies mention doing gameplay reveal and when it comes out there's almost none of it from a standard gameplay camera, it was almost 20 minutes of what felt like filler, I don't like hearing people talking about their project like this because they're always going to talk about how good and impressive it is, show me instead of telling me. Regarding what we did get to see from the gameplay, the first thing we see is the graphics, and to me they look fine, again, considering that it's a new project from a new studio I didn't expect much, and it looks fine, the lighting and colors aren't an eyesore like some Konami titles have been under a few lighting conditions over the years, I dig it for what it is really.

With how it actually played, again, it's why I dislike this kind of gameplay reveal, there was barely any of it, so I don't even know what to think about it because there is nothing to think about it, there was too little to see to form any sort of opinion or conclusion, if I had to describe what I think I saw, it looked like FIFA, but a little slower and heavier, which is better. I like how they're going with custom crests and kits instead of doing it like UT where you just use existing ones, I never liked having a Frankenstein club in UT, with kits from different clubs and a crest from yet another different club, or trying to have everything be from the same club, customizing is more fun, so I love this at least, my only hope is them adding offline modes further down the line.

I'm impressed at the ambassadors they've got, clubs, etc. I mean, they're a new comer and they have CR7, I get the feeling that due to the disaster that was eFootball's launch, and how this seems to be going for the same audience, it'll replace Konami as EA's main rival in the future, not that it matters much, the Konami I was a fan of is long gone anyways, I say good luck to UFL, though as long as it's only online then I'm not interested.

That's exactly what i expected, no more no less. A basic football game not looking better than a Mobile game in terms of animations/physics/AI.
But like someone mentionned it, i trought first it would have been more inspired by the older PES (2015-2021) than Fifa... Or Dream League Soccer.

Not disappointed as i didn't expected anything from it, neither from GOALS.

Hopefully this draws the FUT crowd away from FIFA and they have to produce something more to our liking.
But aren'tspokespersons etc for Fifa pretty much paid off by EA (with packs etc) to promote FUT.
Will they really want grind up to a level that they easily can get for free from FIFA?
I doubt it ,but even if ,EA probably have some counter tactics to handle these guys.

:LMAO:

I would say the positives are that it doesn't look that much worse from eFoot 22/FIFA 22 plus they said they will be still tweaking it and upgrading everything on the go and adding plenty of new features (hopefully offline content too, eventually/near release)
Negatives, well maybe they won't and it will stay like this.

Btw ,when I turned off the stream I switched over to @slamsoze Pes 20 ML game between Hamburg and RB ,we can complain all we want about Pes ,but that game looks like a masterpiece Vs this.
The animation system in Fox Engine PES was literally designed to look good in videos so they would sell copies based on that. Playability on the other hand was just an afterthought there.

Nonetheless, the animations in UFL still don't look good.

The animation system in Fox Engine PES was literally designed to look good in videos so they would sell copies based on that. Playability on the other hand was just an afterthought there.

Nonetheless, the animations in UFL still don't look good.
Like night and day ,movement ,/ball physics/net physics etc etc looked miles better on Pes 20/21.
The players ,that they stressed in the video should look alive ,they didn't.
Horrible !

Well, you can already see where money for development went ... In the beginning he listed : marketing expertes, partners, ambasadors etc etc ... but no developers :LOL:
This. This multiplied by 1,000,000.

They started out to make money, not to make an amazing game. Then they found investment, and that money went straight into everything but the product. Ambassadors (i.e. marketing), partner clubs (i.e. marketing) and... Marketing. They say as much themselves.

It's free to play, so I'll try it - you'd be a fool not to if it's free - but there is nothing next-gen about this game. It's another mobile game designed to run on as many platforms as possible to generate as much money as possible before the investors pull the plug.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the partner clubs and partner players in FIFA and the like now, though. I wonder if they're exclusive.

Once again, our only hope of a true next-gen football simulator relies on EA splitting FIFA into two games (EA Football and EA FUT), or a serious competitor arriving in the single-player space.

Cross your fingers that the rumour about 2K buying the FIFA license is true.

Nowadays AAA game dev is all about hype, marketing, advertisement and graphics. It's so sad to see. Maybe the game will play better than it looks.

I dont blame these devs, i'm sure you will see the heart and care that will go into this game because they sound passionate, but compared to the years and talent EA and konami have spent on their games, this game was always going to look meh. The gameplay section reminded me of that mobile game i downloaded back in 2015. Close up, the UE does its magic but everything else has mobile written to it.

I'm on the same boat as a lot of you, it's disappointing how much focus has to be placed on something like partnerships and ambassadors, I feel that they thought CR7 was going to be the thing that got people talking, and while it shows that they mean serious business in a way, this focus on famous players and clubs also feels so plastic, being PvP online only, the presentation, the direction, UI, all of the focus so far, it feels like the people in charge or the whole project are the marketing team, and now there's a lot of hype around a project we've seen almost nothing of on the pitch. In the 90's it was the opposite, if a company started talking about their new football project no one would care much unless the developer was well known, we had a market with a lot of options and most did their talking with how they played, yes, most were not good, but it felt like there were so many options, some arcade, some grounded, different directions, now we have eFootball, UFL, in the future we'll probably see more of GOALS, and they're all doing the same thing, there's a reason for that, what they're doing is going in the direction the market is pointing to. EA at least still has a focus on the offline modes, somewhat, but it's all the same still.

I also still can't stand that they've released a 20 minute gameplay reveal with so little gameplay, I know it's a new IP, and I have no doubt many people working on it are passionate, but this is a common thing in today's trailers from the industry and I can't stand it, I was expecting to see a match, or at least a half, if they're confident on what they're making then showing it shouldn't be a problem, and if it's still to early to show it then don't advertise that you'll be putting out a gameplay reveal, all of this was an attempt to build up hype and it just did the opposite because we saw so little. Again, I don't care about the graphics and animations for now, coming from a new IP, I think it looks fine so far, but we saw so little gameplay that I have no idea what direction they're going with, the speed, the tempo, the positioning of the players, the movement, all of it, I have no idea what they want to achieve because I didn't really get to see any, and it's disappointing to say the least. I'm glad we're getting more competition in the market, I really am, because competition drives innovation and improvement, but it is disappointing how it feels every new IP is just trying the same things, I miss when there was more variety, more options and directions all around.

I'm not the target audience and I understand that, but I'm 22, too young to be feeling left behind like this I think, I mean, this is an industry that, while build on local PvP back in the day, it was also build on offline against the CPU, and it seems like none of the companies coming in care about that at all anymore, and the reason for that is obvious, online makes more money. I've been feeling disconnected from the industry since about PES2015, I liked my time with it, but it was the introduction of MyClub and microtransactions on PES, it was the beggining of the end, as far as I'm concerned at least.

Nothing feels like it has much soul nowadays, so I'll stick to retro Winning Eleven/PES going forward, at least for now.

Back
Top Bottom