V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

That is what i tried to achieve. Nice to see it working for you.

Yeah it's really good! One thing I did notice is that 3 times the AI had indirect free kicks and they massively overhit them, probably becuase of the pass error slider I have set? Think it's around 62 but you usually recommend default sliders with your GP?

@paulv2k4 Hi Paul, could I please ask whether the Career Mod works on old save files, or whether we need to start a new save? :) I'm guessing a new one is required since the finances are affected, but thought it's worth asking. Many thanks!

Had a couple more games this morning and really is excellent! If I were to make one critique I would say that CPU defenders don't protect the ball enough, often they'll receive the ball and I'm able to nick it off their toes as they don't have as much of a sense or urgency/awareness of my presence as ideally they should :)

@paulv2k4 Hi Paul, could I please ask whether the Career Mod works on old save files, or whether we need to start a new save? :) I'm guessing a new one is required since the finances are affected, but thought it's worth asking. Many thanks!
Hi. It will work. BUT the financial changes wont take affect until the next season.

Had a couple more games this morning and really is excellent! If I were to make one critique I would say that CPU defenders don't protect the ball enough, often they'll receive the ball and I'm able to nick it off their toes as they don't have as much of a sense or urgency/awareness of my presence as ideally they should :)
Yeah I completely agree with you. Seen it a few times myself in my CPU v CPU games.

Briefly and in its current state.

- Transfer System - AI reduced stacking, AI always look for better players and reduction of pointless AI loans
- Youth Player Gen - Much more realistic to the level of the team and scout. No more all 75-94 potential players
- Finances - Almost the same as my old 21 mod. Starting budgets are reduced, you earn less money from selling players etc.
- Match simulation - Better match simulation with "top" teams winning most games and correct players scoring (in progress though)

Some other stuff I forgot. I have genuinely only spent maximum 2 hours looking at it and testing. I don't play games or have as much time as I used to so its just doing things as and when I can.

Hi again @paulv2k4 :) thanks so much for the time you put in these mods.

Quick Q: just before installing the Career Mod, I actually thought how the new finances system might interact with the board expectations.

For example: I've been told in my CM to make a 5 mil profit in the next transfer window (2 star created team in League Two, with 1 mil starting budget). Obviously, getting the 5 mil in players sold - players bought is very tough. Would the mod make it even harder ("you earn less money from selling players")?

Cheers! :)

I noticed that too. It makes pressing/closing down defenders very efficient. I wish if there was a way they could just hoof the ball or clear it or make a misplaced pass when that happens.

For example: I've been told in my CM to make a 5 mil profit in the next transfer window (2 star created team in League Two, with 1 mil starting budget). Obviously, getting the 5 mil in players sold - players bought is very tough. Would the mod make it even harder ("you earn less money from selling players")?

You don't generally get very punished for those ones. But I think it's probably fairly easy to do that, sign a bunch of free agents, the younger and higher value the better, as soon as they're signed make them all available for loan, won't be long before you get some loan to buy offers so just agree a short loan with a sale price and then in January they'll be sold :)

Hi again @paulv2k4 :) thanks so much for the time you put in these mods.

Quick Q: just before installing the Career Mod, I actually thought how the new finances system might interact with the board expectations.

You are 100% right it will make it much more difficult to achieve those objectives. I haven't had time to look into that yet. So you will have to do what I do, sell everything haha

@Placebo is right. just buy cheap or free and sell as much as you can and you wont be punished (not yet anyway).

v13 is BRILLIANT Paulv2k4, I am playing CPU CPU on Normal default speed, and its giving me scorelines of 3-1 2-2 4-1 1-3 etc all the time, and thats with 20 mins at Legendary too, PSG vs R Madrid mostly.

(Competitive mode off, Default attribs, and most importantly to prove its the Mod doing all this............default sliders too).

I use the term organic-ness when describing lots of Mods over the years made for FIFA or PES, but this genuinely is organic now, every move let alone every attack is different, and yes, CPU not only crossing when it is realistic to do so, but most of the time from different places on the pitch, sometimes at the byline, sometimes near corner of pen area, sometimes way back a bit like a free kick out wide. Brilliant !!

Noticing even more animations on view now too, this Mod seems to have opened up Hypermotion 2's animations more than via vanilla, in abundance too.

Last edited:
v13 is BRILLIANT Paulv2k4, I am playing CPU CPU on Normal default speed, and its giving me scorelines of 3-1 2-2 4-1 1-3 etc all the time, and thats with 20 mins at Legendary too, PSG vs R Madrid mostly.

(Competitive mode off, Default attribs, and most importantly to prove its the Mod doing all this............default sliders too).

I use the term organic-ness when describing lots of Mods over the years made for FIFA or PES, but this genuinely is organic now, every move let alone every attack is different, and yes, CPU not only crossing when it is realistic to do so, but most of the time from different places on the pitch, sometimes at the byline, sometimes near corner of pen area, sometimes way back a bit like a free kick out wide. Brilliant !!

Noticing even more animations on view now too, this Mod seems to have opened up Hypermotion 2's animations more than via vanilla, in abundance too.

Well said, Paul is making brilliant strides :)

So it’s time to jump from console to PC?!
I read the op and found several fixes I was looking for. 👌

how much of a hassle is starting 23 modded and stuff… like with the origin client and Anticheat tool?! I’d be only interested in offline playing.
Is there a step by step guide in the mod zips?

Last edited:
So it’s time to jump from console to PC?!
I read the op and found several fixes I was looking for. 👌

how much of a hassle is starting 23 modded and stuff… like with the origin client and Anticheat tool?! I’d be only interested in offline playing.
Is there a step by step guide in the mod zips?

It's very easy and you're a great poster so there'll be plenty of us happy to hold your hand through it, me included! ;)

Just want to put a huge thanks on record to @paulv2k4 for all his work - we're all incredibly grateful for what you're doing, which may be the only reason some of our members get any joy out of FIFA this year. For that, you deserve a medal!

Thank you - and thank you for putting up with answering the same questions over and over, too. We can put a man on the moon but unfortunately we can't teach man to use the search function (or to say thank you often enough, when someone sacrifices their free time for the benefit of a community)...

Just want to put a huge thanks on record to @paulv2k4 for all his work - we're all incredibly grateful for what you're doing, which may be the only reason some of our members get any joy out of FIFA this year. For that, you deserve a medal!

Thank you - and thank you for putting up with answering the same questions over and over, too. We can put a man on the moon but unfortunately we can't teach man to use the search function (or to say thank you often enough, when someone sacrifices their free time for the benefit of a community)...
Why not give him a title or badge?! 😊
I’d be in for that. Credit where credit is due.
But I also think about the other creative people here. They all deserve a medal, imo. 😊👌

btw: anyone willing to upload some example gameplay of Pauls mod!? I’d like to see something that makes me smile…! 😊

Last edited:
Hello all,

Here I will post my mods for the season of FIFA 23.

This will include but not limited to Career and Gameplay mods.

All the mods currently require the latest Frostbite Modding Tool

Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Gameplay Mod

Download from Mediafire - FIFA 23 Gameplay Mod folder

Summary
My gameplay mods are always based on football in the United Kingdom, especially the English league pyramid. As a huge Swansea City and general football fan, I've watched likely over a million hours of football in my lifetime. The top things that comes to mind when thinking of British football, physicality, mistakes and a huge gap of ability between the very top and bottom! This mod is designed to achieve that.

Current Gameplay Mod Features:
# Player Speed
- Player base speed lowered by 10% with a 5% increase in top speed, lowering overall speed but increasing the gap between the top and bottom players
- Players with a poor dribbling attribute will struggle to dribble with the ball, especially turning in tight spaces

# Player Strength
- Players with high strength and balance have a significant advantage over others in the physical side of the game. You will notice this in 1v1 battles and in air collisions

# AI (NOT COMPLETE)
- AI will play much more long passes
- AI will not play as much Tika Taka (NOT 100% COMPLETE, FIFA23 stopped my usual tricks)
- AI will cross the ball (NOT 100% COMPLETE, FIFA23 stopped my usual tricks)
- AI will FOUL and are very aggressive
- AI will shoot on sight / edge of the box
- AI will constantly attack but without "scripting"
- AI will make mistakes in pursuit of creating chances

# Positioning
- Players will cover space, maintain shape and generally defend much better

# Defending
- Tackling is much more difficult, especially whilst running
- Blocking is much more difficult and there is no difference between a User or AI blocking ability (not sure why EA did this?)
- It is much easier to push a player over whilst tackling

# Goalkeepers
- Goalkeepers are based on ability
- Fixed saving ability when the ball is next their body
- Made GK have moments of brilliance ("What. A. Save!")

# Passing
- Passing is much more based on ability, there is a big difference between top and bottom players. Bottom players will make many more mistakes making a Tika Taka game extremely difficult whilst in League 2 or playing a good opposition.

# Shooting
- Shooting is much more based on ability, there is a big difference between top and bottom players.
- Finesse shots are much more difficult and only the top players can get them right.

# Injuries
- Players are much more likely to pick up light injuries ("knock") from the physical side of football. This is one of my bug bears of vanilla EA FIFA, Football is a physical game and in real life, all you see is players rolling around "injured". I have done my best to add this to the game.

# Many other smaller things!

Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Career Mod

Download from Mediafire - FIFA 23 Career Mod folder link

Current Career Mod Features:
# AI Transfers
- All AI teams will try and improve / replace missing players

# Youth Academy
- All teams have much more realistic Youth Systems with a significantly less chance of a star player in the ranks
- All Youth Players are much more likely to have traits

# Finances
- All teams start with less money but earn it through ticket and shirt sales

# Player Wages
- Player wages closely match (as best as one can) real world wages

# Player Values
- Player value closely match (as best as one can) real world values. Mostly based on Transfermarkt and real world transfers.

# Simulation Settings
- Simulation of match scores, player ratings and stats based on real world stats

Enjoy,

P

@paulv2k4 is it possible your gameplays to run it with fifa mod manager? or if we can convert it?​

@paulv2k4 is it possible your gameplays to run it with fifa mod manager? or if we can convert it?​

Hoping for same as just downloaded realism mod
I was going to use my own converter but decided to not bother as I really don't want to deal with the backlash of things not working as it should whilst mixed in FET and the mods you are referring to.

@paulv2k4 Good job with v13. I really like that most of the time they prefer to use their strong foot.
@paulv2k4 You legend. I can't tear myself away from the game now and I've got to go to work mate. v13 is a bloody gem.
Why not give him a title or badge?! 😊
I’d be in for that. Credit where credit is due.
But I also think about the other creative people here. They all deserve a medal, imo. 😊👌

btw: anyone willing to upload some example gameplay of Pauls mod!? I’d like to see something that makes me smile…! 😊

Thank you! You guys are very kind and I am glad you are enjoying it as much as I am! :)

I was going to use my own converter but decided to not bother as I really don't want to deal with the backlash of things not working as it should whilst mixed in FET and the mods you are referring to.

Thank you! You guys are very kind and I am glad you are enjoying it as much as I am! :)
so it will never be compatible then?

so it will never be compatible then?
Probably not. Just like FIFA 21. People make a choice, I wasn't provided the FET alpha, even though I asked. So I continued to develop on FMT, I am now so far down the road that I don't want to mess about in another tool (that I won't use) for hours. You've downloaded a paid mod which I assume included a gameplay module. Use what you paid for.

Probably not. Just like FIFA 21. People make a choice, I wasn't provided the FET alpha, even though I asked. So I continued to develop on FMT, I am now so far down the road that I don't want to mess about in another tool (that I won't use) for hours. You've downloaded a paid mod which I assume included a gameplay module. Use what you paid for.
thats a shame, hard not to use the realism mod, but games not worth playing without your mod, ive not tried your new one yet but im almost done with fifa right now lol

Back
Top Bottom