V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

I am just worried about a new official patch breaking the mod. This mod is the only thing that makes me want to play FIFA so I really hope it can survive the patches EA puts up.

I am just worried about a new official patch breaking the mod. This mod is the only thing that makes me want to play FIFA so I really hope it can survive the patches EA puts up.
I’m back to doing that whole periodic backup thing all over again. Save the whole FIFA folder (esp now that it’s working wonderfully) in my external ssd in case EA breaks something again (inevitably).

edit: Also, WC DLC coming on the 9th iirc.

Last edited:
The WC mod is the one we need the gameplay files to still work for - As really looking forward to the WC update.

Paul2K has done an incredible job on the latest gameplay mod is actually makes the game playable and fun again - Which is something not said about FIFA in a very long time.
v12 has made so many improvements, although some annoyances with it, an absolute massive improvement over general gameplay.

FIFA 23, thanks to @paulv2k4 is the best FIFA has been since FIFA 18.

Can someone remember what files must be modified to bypass installerdata.xml? I changed EAAntiCheat.GameServiceLauncher to fifa23.exe but when i start FMT installerdata is regenerating some how..

Can someone remember what files must be modified to bypass installerdata.xml? I changed EAAntiCheat.GameServiceLauncher to fifa23.exe but when i start FMT installerdata is regenerating some how..
How come you are still wanting to avoid the Anti Cheat?

If its reverting, either the game updated or you are using EA Desktop.

I still use Origin and i want to avoid ea anti cheat to play with ur fmt and cheatengine
Whilst we are still on Title Update 2. You can enable the AC Bypass in FMT. 1667463698997.png
Look for FIFA23Profile.json in the FMT FrostbiteProfiles folder, set it to true and relaunch FMT.

the gameplay mod and career mod is absolutely game changing for me, i dont think ive ever enjoyed a fifa game this much, its just a shame we cant use it with the mod manager! amazing work
Thanks man. People seem to forget that FMT does support most *.fifamod files. Where as FET/MM doesn't support *.fbmod. :ANGEL:

Thanks man. People seem to forget that FMT does support most *.fifamod files. Where as FET/MM doesn't support *.fbmod. :ANGEL:
Agree mate loving this game with your files so fifamod files can be used with your career mode file and gameplay didn't know that good to know keep up the amazing work

For those who want to test out fifamod files.

There is a setting in the FMT App called FIFA23Profile.json (edit with notepad), found in the FrostbiteProfiles folder

Change this:
"SupportedLauncherFileTypes": [ "fbmod" ],
To this:
"SupportedLauncherFileTypes": [ "fbmod", "fifamod" ],

As I said in the FMT thread. I don't have any fifamod files to test for FIFA 23. Any DMs with them included would really help!

As I said. I don't have any fifamod to try it myself haha. Probably would be a simple fix.

I've given this a good go over the last couple of days - again, I have to thank @Placebo who is the loveliest, most patient bloke I think I've ever known - and the difference is amazing when compared to the standard game. It shows just how much can be achieved if only they cared enough to put a "sim switch" in.

That said, I still can't get joy out of the game, sadly - not because of any fault of the mod (which brings a lot of realism back to the party), but entirely because of EA.

I play on all-semi controls and on any difficulty, I'm in on goal within 2-3 passes because there is absolutely zero resistance in the defence or midfield. Every team stand and watch me do what I like.

I can whack "marking" up to 100 but it doesn't add any AI to the team as a whole - it just means they stand a little closer to your players before backing off immediately when you have the ball, with the exception of the one player chosen for the 1v1 matchup.

Whole defensive lines retreat beyond even the keeper at times, as @papinho81 shows in this clip (again, this is nothing to do with the mod, which is amazing work - just adding to the conversation here):

The way all the defenders back off and stand miles apart like that, to ensure you'll always have a route to goal, and the way they can't work together because that's somehow going to ruin online play... completely destroys the entire game, IMO.

Now, I did briefly experiment with "Competitor Mode", which makes every player turn into Neymar. Reason being, one of the devs, who kindly responds to me occasionally on Twitter, told me that I was basically playing the game on "amateur mode" if I didn't have that switched on, and that most players use it.

I could be imagining things, but I think that mode does "wake up" the defenders somewhat. Unfortunately, it turns the rest of the game into a cross between a pinball machine and FIFA Street. But that's what we all want, apparently...

I've given this a good go over the last couple of days - again, I have to thank @Placebo who is the loveliest, most patient bloke I think I've ever known - and the difference is amazing when compared to the standard game. It shows just how much can be achieved if only they cared enough to put a "sim switch" in.

That said, I still can't get joy out of the game, sadly - not because of any fault of the mod (which brings a lot of realism back to the party), but entirely because of EA.

I play on all-semi controls and on any difficulty, I'm in on goal within 2-3 passes because there is absolutely zero resistance in the defence or midfield. Every team stand and watch me do what I like.

I can whack "marking" up to 100 but it doesn't add any AI to the team as a whole - it just means they stand a little closer to your players before backing off immediately when you have the ball, with the exception of the one player chosen for the 1v1 matchup.

Whole defensive lines retreat beyond even the keeper at times, as @papinho81 shows in this clip (again, this is nothing to do with the mod, which is amazing work - just adding to the conversation here):

The way all the defenders back off and stand miles apart like that, to ensure you'll always have a route to goal, and the way they can't work together because that's somehow going to ruin online play... completely destroys the entire game, IMO.

Now, I did briefly experiment with "Competitor Mode", which makes every player turn into Neymar. Reason being, one of the devs, who kindly responds to me occasionally on Twitter, told me that I was basically playing the game on "amateur mode" if I didn't have that switched on, and that most players use it.

I could be imagining things, but I think that mode does "wake up" the defenders somewhat. Unfortunately, it turns the rest of the game into a cross between a pinball machine and FIFA Street. But that's what we all want, apparently...

Whoever told you that "not having Competitor Mode on is like playing the game on amateur mode" obviously has no idea how their game is written AND/OR is obsessed with skill moves (I know the producers are obsessed, bordering on idiotic on this). All Competitor Mode does is enable a few extra AI Objectives which forces the AI to skill move. It also somewhat enables its own defensive tactic. I highly recommend NOT having it enabled. Proof. As well as modding this game for a zillion years, I've seen the FIFA 21 leaked source code. If I play with Competitor mode, I can win every game easily. With or without mods. Its a disaster of a setting for offline play throughs.

Back to the defenders. I agree, something odd is going on and I think I made it worse in Version 1 (A13). FIFA 23 seems obsessed (as others have pointed out) in either 1) pressing so everyone is out of position or 2) zonal so everyone is in position. There is no in between. This once again, is mostly AI Objective based as changing the EBX does sweet FA to fix it.

Sliders do nothing. I don't know how many times I say this over the years but they really don't. The only ones that do are speed and error. They broke sliders years ago and never fixed them.

Game speed does/breaks A LOT, and its even more prominent in FIFA 23. Slow game speed ALWAYS breaks defensive AI. Has done since FIFA 17 ish.

Having your game online breaks gameplay mods because of Live Tuning. Always block the game with a firewall.

Back to what I am doing. I am looking into a version where 1) defenders know how to defend and 2) I don't need to use KILL_EVERYONE=1.

I hope this helps you :)

Last edited:
Guys, what the hell is happening? I just tried the gameplay mod for the first time on Default match speed and oh my days, it's a different game!!

I've previously tried it on Slow and I have to be honest I did not like it too much - the players felt fidgety, the pace of the game (movement, animations, everything) seemed higher that without the patch and it just wasn't for me. Now on Regular, it's all slowed down and stable with the added bonus of all the goodies mentioned in the description (better AI defending, shooting, fouls etc.).

Could it be that the changes only affect Regular and not Slow as well? Is it placebo? Anyway, I finally got to see the gameplay everyone praises, so happy with this, thanks @paulv2k4

Guys, what the hell is happening? I just tried the gameplay mod for the first time on Default match speed and oh my days, it's a different game!!

I've previously tried it on Slow and I have to be honest I did not like it too much - the players felt fidgety, the pace of the game (movement, animations, everything) seemed higher that without the patch and it just wasn't for me. Now on Regular, it's all slowed down and stable with the added bonus of all the goodies mentioned in the description (better AI defending, shooting, fouls etc.).

Could it be that the changes only affect Regular and not Slow as well? Is it placebo? Anyway, I finally got to see the gameplay everyone praises, so happy with this, thanks @paulv2k4
He does recommend not to play on slow speed i think mate

I'm fairly sure the answer to this is "no", but... I've got to ask on the off-chance!

Is there anything that can be done within your wonderful gameplay mod @paulv2k4 about the AI randomly performing leg-breaking tackles from behind with zero chance of getting the ball? It's one of the stupidest things EA ever introduced:

CkQjfdr.jpg

Or, more importantly, the "ball is made of metal and boots made of magnets" ball physics:

The above is something they implemented to stop complaints about interceptors not coming away with the ball. They just disable ball physics in this moment as the eSports guys demand "reward-based gameplay". Or as I'd say, the big-time dumbing-down of gameplay.

I'm wondering if, seeing as EA regularly tweak this (making it even easier to stop a 100mph ball dead each time), there's a single value somewhere attributed to this.

I'm fairly sure the answer to this is "no", but... I've got to ask on the off-chance!

Is there anything that can be done within your wonderful gameplay mod @paulv2k4 about the AI randomly performing leg-breaking tackles from behind with zero chance of getting the ball? It's one of the stupidest things EA ever introduced:

CkQjfdr.jpg

Or, more importantly, the "ball is made of metal and boots made of magnets" ball physics:

The above is something they implemented to stop complaints about interceptors not coming away with the ball. They just disable ball physics in this moment as the eSports guys demand "reward-based gameplay". Or as I'd say, the big-time dumbing-down of gameplay.

I'm wondering if, seeing as EA regularly tweak this (making it even easier to stop a 100mph ball dead each time), there's a single value somewhere attributed to this.
You can significantly lower the slide tackle probability, which I’m guessing would help. Not sure how intelligent the implementation would be but it’s there.

I've finally given this mod a go, I was very skeptical it would make much of a difference but damn, It's really impressive how much this improves the offline gameplay. To see the AI do thinks like press more aggressively, slide tackle, shoot from distance and perform crosses is revitalising, although it's hilarious that we have to resort to modding these things that should be in the game as bare minimum in the first place.

The goalkeepers are much better and i've been left wide open mouthed at some of the saves they've pulled off, now that the individual finger physics have a purpose to them.

I do agree with some others that the slide tackling is a delicate balance as it's great to see some fouls and physicality back in the game for the first time in years, there's also the problem that the AI is a little reckless with them such as sliding in from behind like they've got murder in their eyes.

Now is it because i'm just too quick for the AI because they've already "made their input/command" to slide tackle and i've changed the situation with a quicker turn or is it because they just want to slide tackle at all costs.

Now is it because i'm just too quick for the AI because they've already "made their input/command" to slide tackle and i've changed the situation with a quicker turn or is it because they just want to slide tackle at all costs.
It has nothing to do with winning the ball, or player attributes. It's an entirely random leg-snapping that was introduced in a FIFA 22 update to address Career Mode complaints about a lack of fouls (which, in typical EA fashion, is a much deeper problem involving AI, positioning and the fact that attackers are so overpowered physically that you can't get anywhere near them - and this was the amount of effort we get).

It was reported by many people, but here's an example on the official EA forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...alanced-fouls-from-the-AI-after/td-p/10880118

And here's an example clip:

Rather than turning off the AI's willingness to tackle, I was hoping there was some internal version of the"KILL_EVERYONE" switch that exists in the ini file (that turns the AI players into psychos), that could just be turned off. But having looked myself last year, I imagine it's hardcoded and we're just stuck with it.

It is fair to say that my decision to force slide tackles to simulate any kind of physical football in FIFA has always divided opinion of my gameplay mods ever since I started using it in FIFA 17. If Jaycensolo were here, he would explain why he preferred it on over off more than I can (he played the mod each year much more than I ever could).

The problem is that without it, the AI is pathetic at defending, unless you turn on EA cheat defending difficulty levels. This introduces the problem shown by Chris, where they always intercept and the ball attaches to them OR they know your exact movements, making 1v1s annoying. So you end up just tika-taka passing around yourself.

So EA has always had an objective called "BreakLeg". Which is what EA decided to bump up in FIFA 22 (a game I didnt play or mod but laughed when I saw "fouling" introduced to it). They turned this back down/off in late FIFA 22 cycle and its back to nothing in FIFA 23. KILL_EVERYONE=1 adds another "force" for the AI to use this objective. I experimented not using this, its just crap. You get 1 or 2 fouls per game, unless you draw the foul out of the AI, it'll never happen.

I am experimenting to see if I remove these objectives, do we still get other fouls/tackles even with KILL_EVERYONE=1. So far, the answer is yes. Problem is EA introduced even more objectives that almost do the same thing.

The problem I have is many of you tweak sliders, referee strictness etc.

Lowering speed slider or using Slow Game Speed. Adds this illusion to the AI that it can slide tackle and win the ball AND the "breakleg" objective uses speed to determine when to use it. So by doing this, you will get different results to me. This is why I always recommend default sliders, default speed, default refs, default everything. I can't test for every scenario. I barely have the time to play the game myself :D

Referee Strictness was introduced in FIFA 23. Something I can control but haven't changed in Version 1 (A13). If you are running it at anything above Lenient, you will get red cards.

@Anth James that sliding tackle probability EBX setting doesn't do anything

Back
Top Bottom