World Cup 2022 Qatar

Its a second bullshit penalty saved by szczesny. It looks like the minute they invite the ref to have a look - its a penalty.

Inviting you to have a look does not automatically means penalty!
The ball wasnt even on the pitch when they made contact. Bullcrap

Goal ! It's messi impersonator aka brighton's messi ! Fk, poland is sleeping, i told them to wake up !

Being surrounded by Mexicans, while wearing my Poland jacket today, these afternoon games were pretty entertaining for me.
BS penalty for Argentina tho, but to be fair they should have scored more than 2. Same for Mexico.

USA on to the round of 16. They've got a lot more talent on the field than they typically get credit for. Their biggest problem is the head coach. He's under-experienced, he's incredibly beholden to his 'system' and he's as stubborn as I've ever seen.

To those who haven't watched every match for the last few years, this is most apparent in the 2nd halfs against Wales and Iran. Our tactics were poorly adjusted and our substitutions were either passive, or baffling.

The margins are too thin now, and they will survive only if he's able to have a perfect game.

Counterpoint: they allowed one goal in three group stage matches, a penalty that was entirely avoidable.

In my lifetime, the US ships 5-6 goals in the group stages, and worse, are often playing from behind. Not saying they are going to win the World Cup, but teams that go far generally have tight defenses. This team isn't easy to score on, and that keeps you in games.

Berhalter needs to get better with his subs, though.

Oh boy, Tunisia played very very well against Denmark,
No we didn't.
We made an average performance for 60 minutes, then the rest of the game was poor.

We made an awful performance vs Australia.

And today we made a good 60 minutes vs France.

We played 2 halftime in this competition / 6.

I'm very angry, cuz it's our 6th participation without playing the knock out stage. Which is for me a big failure. Senegal played 3 WC they reached it twice.

Despite many people think that we lost our qualification vs Australia, I believe we lost it vs Danemark. Cuz Danemark made an average first half in that game, and the coach made the substitutions very late. After that game, I asked people why they are happy with that draw, cuz I know there was a possibility to get the 3 points from Danemark.

I wasn't Surprised by our awful performance vs Australia. Cuz I believe we have average squad that can't keep the same energy for the next game. It's a Déjà vu for me. A year ago we beat Nigeria then lost vs Burkina Faso, which is on paper less powerful than the first one.

I hope tunisian welcome their players like hero. These guys deserve it.
No for me they are not heros.

They haven't done anything special, it's our 6 participation in WC and we have 0 match in knock out stage. In 1978 we made 1W 1D 1L. So they dont deserve anything until they write something new in history for us.

Counterpoint: they allowed one goal in three group stage matches, a penalty that was entirely avoidable.

In my lifetime, the US ships 5-6 goals in the group stages, and worse, are often playing from behind. Not saying they are going to win the World Cup, but teams that go far generally have tight defenses. This team isn't easy to score on, and that keeps you in games.

as a brazilian its the first time ever that i kind of like the way the US play

I'm with you. Ream has been a surprise unlike anything I've ever seen. I have to admit I have never been a fan of his performances with the NT in the past and he may be my favorite player this WC.

I have to give GGG credit for his starting lineups. With the exception of Haji Wright, I have been happy every game. He's outperforming the expectations I set for him after qualifying, so credit where credit is due. It's only midgame management and subs that have me pulling my hair at times.

on to the round of 16!

I feel really bad for Lukaku, coz he will probably get destroyed on social media..
But I do have to say - he is one of the funniest footballers I have ever seen. :LOL:

I feel really bad for Lukaku, coz he will probably get destroyed on social media..
But I do have to say - he is one of the funniest footballers I have ever seen. :LOL:

sums up lukaku performance today

He's surprisingly decent as winger, just take a look at his performance during 2018 world cup. He's like the opposite of midas, his first touch is so crap.

I'll be honest.. unless i'm brazil... I want nothing to do with Japan. We played them in a friendly ahead of the world cup and they ran all over us...

technical and relentless squad

If that group finished with Costa Rica and Japan qualifying - that would have been the biggest surprise in history of World Cups. I would personally miss Spain, but I'd still be laughing at the end result.
Especially seeing Costa Rica fans in tears of joy after a goal for 2-1 - made me want to wish them all the best.
Still - crazy outcome. Didnt think Japan can pull this off after their second match. Thought first one was a fluke when they were still fresh..

Back
Top Bottom