World Cup 2022 Qatar

I'm thrilled about Japan and Morocco, both lovely teams and beautiful kits. Rooting for them to go all the way

In regards to Mexico, this is the shittiest performance they've had in a World cup since the 70's.
It's embarrassing how fucking Tata Martino gave away our team and brought the oldest squad possible (I believe the oldest of the WC) while being one of the highest paid managers of the tournament.

Mexican football is so very fucked at so many levels I hope they change things a bit.
We did not qualify for age restricted tournaments or the Olympics, both male and female teams.

And the local league is a cesspit:
No promotion/relegation
Any team can line up up to 8 foreigners
Players get high salaries so they don't want or need to compete
Tournament format is a fucking disgrace

Sorry for the long rant

I like Uruguay and I'm sorry they are out, but I'm also happy for South Korea. Son's assist was a true thing of beauty. Looking forward to the Brazil game.

As for this evening, most of all it pains me to see all the serbian talent being wasted like this. Svizzera fully deserved to pass but Stojkovic is yet another unnecessary proof of how being a great player won't automatically make you an event decent coach.

Cameroon 🇨🇲 ! Good job !

Even until the last day of group stage there's still a surprise eventhough it's reserve team, a win is a win. I think this is the best World Cup Group Stage ever

Can't wait for the knockout stage !

Yeah, absolutely. All these games with all this tension up to the last second are something I think I never saw. Truly one of the most entertaining tournaments I've ever saw up to this point.

Wow, this new WC format looks ridiculous.. 3 teams is stupid enough, but having 48 teams? Thats exhausting..
Not to mention this genius penalty idea..
I always thought the whole point of penalties is to have players tired and under extreme pressure to have a physical and psychological battle.. not coming out fresh, straight outta shower to bang few goals.. :LOL:

brazil got the easier side but for a few minutes if switzerland scored they would get 1st place

the title basically got hang on because of preciosity out of the coach resting some players

Well...gotta ask, since we're at this point of the WC, since it was pulled the conversation about the new format of WC, does really south america needs those 2 aditional slots??? i mean... their excuse was that the South American national teams were really competitive and... we only have 2 of them here, if you wanna count the whole america we only have 3 teams including USA.

Well...gotta ask, since we're at this point of the WC, since it was pulled the conversation about the new format of WC, does really south america needs those 2 aditional slots??? i mean... their excuse was that the South American national teams were really competitive and... we only have 2 of them here, if you wanna count the whole america we only have 3 teams including USA.
The way I look at it - and its a bit of thinking outside the box here - football is almost part of culture in south america.
Most of the time its a pleasure to watch these teams. I thought Uruguay was very unlucky to go home.
So personally - I wouldnt mind seeing two more teams here.
Still think that 48 is way too many and the whole tournament will be a bit of a drag, filled with meaningless matches that not many watch.

Edit: just to add to the culture bit - I have couple of friends at work. Some from Brazil, some from Chile, some from Colombia. All women. And all religiously watching all the matches and getting more worked up over them than I am. Football is a huge part of their lives.
I think I can count on one hand the amount of women in europe I met that would watch a football match, not to mention getting excited by it.

Edit2: my last conversation with Brazilian girl:
- hope Argentina qualifies.
- you do? I always thought you two are big "enemies".
- yes. I really do they qualify, just so we can meet them later on and DESTROY them...
:LOL:

So yeah, I dont mind two extra spots for them, coz it obviously means a lot.

Last edited:
@Emroth I don't know, man. As a South American, I really don't like the new "two new slots" idea for CONMEBOL qualifying, even if it benefits Colombia.

I agree that football is a huge part of the culture here, but part of what makes it exciting at the national level is the difficult and extremely competitive nature of the qualifying! Most times,, Brazil and Argentina take the top two spots, and Bolivia and Venezuela finish 9th and 10th, but spots 3-8 are usually very very tight, with often only a few points separating #3 and #8. It's a see-saw battle and it honestly makes it more rewarding. Also taking into account that there are only 4 direct qualified teams and the 5th goes to a playoff, all of this makes it great fun.

I mean, the World Cup should be a reward. 7 qualified teams out 10 hardly qualifies as this. Personally man, I think the whole 48 teams idea is silly and would gladly keep the traditional 4 or 5 South Americans per World Cup even if it is at the expense of Colombia, or Peru who I really like as well!

I definitely see your point, but the truth is - your 7 teams are stronger and more entertaining to watch then most of european ones. So they'd be more than welcome if they increased the amount of teams.
But - and I think we all agree - 48 teams is a silly idea that makes elite tournament looks more like a funfair..

@Emroth I'd give the two additional slots to Asia and Africa, here's basically why: There are 47 AFC teams, and 54 CAF teams as opposed to 10 from South America. I see where you're coming from, say for example Colombia and Peru are stronger than some of the teams playing in the WC right now, but in terms of it being more global, I think giving these slots to Asia and Africa would be more proportional. :)

Also, if we were to take the "best 32" teams, Italy would probably make it there before Ecuador for example, so.. you know. I guess all of this to say that I really liked our qualifying format. :LOL:

Last edited:
What the hell Aussie GK doing.

Messi still got it 🐐

Gotta appreciate Aussies, play nothing to lose unlike poland.

Now that's what im talking about, great goal for australia !

Last edited:
Usa looked very amateurish, the Netherlands team barely tried and won comfortably.

Australia seems very poor.

For tomorrow's games, I guess Poland will try to hang on for dear life until penalties. Borefest expected.

Hopefully the England Senegal match will be entertaining

Well it's done Netherlands vs Argentina.

I think Australia play a bit better after getting first goal, almost got 2nd at last minute. Argentina need to fix their defense, after that goal their defense is getting worse. They got lucky this time that Aussie GK made fatal mistake.

I didn't watch today's games, and I was hoping for a fairy tail where Australia steals an equalizer in the very last minute, go to penalties and Redmayne makes history as he steals the show one more time. Anyway Argentina v The Netherlands is a one to watch, gonna be a hell of match surely.
I'm highly anticipating a Polish qualification tomorrow, as they seem to slowly find the team spirit, not a big fan of Szczesny but he has been quite solid, so he is going to be the key man. Mbappé could prove me wrong, but I'm rooting for Poland anyway.
As for Senegal, I don't want to say that they stand no chance against England, although the English squad contains a lot of talent, but Senegal are physically superior, they just lack a proper number 9, but if they win, I'm going to be the happiest man alive!

not a big fan of Szczesny but he has been quite solid
I was never a big fan of his. Having known personally one of the other goalkeepers I always knew he was a cocky, arrogant fellow.

But he is slowly growing on me. After the Argentinian corner, where Di Maria almost scored - I really enjoy the sneaky smile and thumbs up to him from Szczesny, knowing that they both play for the same team. It was quite amusing to watch. Plus his two saved penalties were just epic.
I really hope they come out braver tomorrow, with two strikers. They really need this, even if the other one is merely a distraction to take some pressure of Lewandowski.

not a big fan of Szczesny but he has been quite solid
Spoken like a true Tottenham supporter! ;)

I was also hoping that Australia could pull off the upset, and the game was nervy there at the end. In anycase here's hoping the Netherlands beat Argentina in an epic matchup. I'm predicting 3-2 for the Oranje. :)

As for France vs Poland and England vs Senegal, it'll be refreshing because I'm pretty neutral on all four teams, so it'll be refreshing to just sit back, chill and enjoy the football in a relaxed manner.

I'm gonna need that energy for Sunday's matches.. Croatia vs Japan and Korea vs Brazil.. Now that's gonna be really, really intense and insane for my vocal chords, as my two favorite teams in the WC will be playing that day. :BSCARF: :RSCARF: Man, oh man!!

I really don't like Argentina's football. Hope if there are argentinians fellas won't feel desrespected cause it's not my intention, but Scaloni looks more like a yes man that mildly mediates between the currents of the locker room's groups than a real coach. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody caught Messi patiently dictating him the starting eleven and the first substitutes.

Anyway, extemporaneous plays of your champions and a solid enough defense surely works well when the opponent isn't your level. But I really want to see how much it will pay now that the real exams starts..

Huh that's weird, i actually like the way they play. Very good pressing, quick to recover. It's just their defense is ass after getting scored. They're too panic.

I liked Poland, they played a nice intense game. Would have loved to see Zielinski scored that big chance at the end of the first half. The Giroud goal put it all on downhill.

That said.. France is still the team to beat. What an incredible talent pool. Mbappè already looks like the best player of the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom