World Cup 2022 Qatar

Poland should be ashamed of themself after seeing how Costa Rica & Japan played.
Poland will not be playing Lewandowski against France. No need for him to be there. They can bring extra defender.
Same with Szczesny. They can bring extra defender for him as well and just bring him on for penalties when they sweat 0-0. :LOL:

Wow wow......

CROATIA VS JAPAN (I like then both!! But I will stick with one of my original favorites, Croatia!)
MOROCCO VS SPAIN (come on you Moroccans!!!!!)

What an unexpected turn of events!! :BSCARF: :RSCARF:
I am going to be honest, I don't wanna see Japan out, although Croatia are pretty stronger on paper. The game against Spain is going to be a battle, I'm expecting it to be the best game of the entire tournament

Man.. so damn HAPPY Japan made it through the group, I admit I lost almost all hope after the Costarica game, and the first half tonight wasn't giving much hope either. Then the second it was just a completely different match and Japan fought with therir proverbial warrior spirit.. fully earning the next turn.

I'm also happy for The Moroccan, even tho unfortunately I think I wasn't able to see a single game of Marocco yet. Will surely cheer for you in the upcoming Spain battle, anyway.

Hey @The Moroccan , you must have a kind of charmed power. Give me a lotto combination.:LMAO:
Hahaha I don't know how lotto works but hopefully that power does the job 😂😂

I'm also happy for The Moroccan, even tho unfortunately I think I wasn't able to see a single game of Marocco yet. Will surely cheer for you in the upcoming Spain battle, anyway.
Thanks mac ❤️ we played very well, few avoidable mistakes here and there, but overall great form great chemistry great tactics

I've gotta say, i never been so happy with a WC, and i dont even care so much about the results of argentina, but! the results of the so called "small" countries, the so unexpected results, amazing, so happy to see that many national teams improved their game and wont let themself be treat it as less.

Go Japan!!!

Ghana make sure if they go down they will take uruguay with them. Revenge success ? 😂
Sometimes you have to take two steps backwards to go one forward!

But WHAT on earth have I experienced last 3 days, drama to the fullest. From Mexico having 2 goals ruled out and Lukaku firing blanks, to the 2 minutes of madness that almost saw Spain out and Japan winning by the skin of their teeth.

Only football can have such a swift, contrasting change of emotions.

Very weird how Poland and Argentina or USA and England (and possibly more, didnt look that close) are on the same side.
I always thought that in World Cup they send two teams from the same group to the opposite site of the ladder..

..i could have been wrong all my life tho.. :LOL:

Very weird how Poland and Argentina or USA and England (and possibly more, didnt look that close) are on the same side.
I always thought that in World Cup they send two teams from the same group to the opposite site of the ladder..

..i could have been wrong all my life tho.. :LOL:

Honestly i have no idea, i just searched on google the bracket and that shows up, lol.

Hear me out, what if Poland purposely played shit two days ago so france couldnt see their tactics.

you-see-it-is.gif

Thank you very much @The Moroccan
You enchanted me and it worked!
We all Korean should appreciate your charms.:WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:
View attachment 190621

KOREAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :RSCARF: :TU: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :RSCARF: :TU:
YAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!! Very happy for Korea! Very well deserved! What a display from Son today!

Man I will never get enough of this World Cup 😂! I hope it's the only World Cup to be such way so I can always tell my kids that they will never witness such madness 😂😂

That bracket above is weird...the teams from the groups are placed on opposite sides of the bracket: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_knockout_stage

I'm really glad this tournament isn't too-European and too-South American heavy in the knockout rounds. It's more fun that way, but also because the sport is getting a bit too UEFA/CONMEBOL-centered as it is. There's good balance with enough teams from all over the world and the level of entertainment in the knockout round should be great as a result of it.

@The Moroccan Sadly, with this being the last World Cup with 32 teams (which is perfect, in my opinion), there just won't be the same level of dramatics on the last round of group games next time...especially with FIFA flirting with this idea of having shootouts before matches

This is exactly what I love about how this World Cup is developing. 6 Non-UEFA and Non-CONMEBOL teams in the round of 16 so far, football truly is a global game! :BSCARF: :RSCARF:

Hopefully this will also increase visibility of Asian and African leagues worldwide. I love the K-League and watch it for free on KLeagueTV but I'd also love to watch the North African leagues, Uzbekistan League, you name it. I'm really interested to go beyond and explore these countries' local football!

Honestly the only European team I'm truly supporting now is Croatia and that is almost entirely because of Luka Modric, one of my favorite players of this generation. (I also like their manager :LOL: ).

Last edited:
@Emroth Via The Athletic:

FIFA is considering introducing penalty shootouts to decide whether teams should get a bonus point if group-stage games are drawn at the expanded World Cup in 2026.

The next men’s tournament in the United States, Canada and Mexico will include 48 teams rather than 32 and is expected to have 16 groups of three teams rather than the eight groups of four we have seen in Qatar.

The top two from each group will progress to a round-of-32 knockout stage — an extra knockout round from the current format.

The FIFA council previously voted unanimously for three-team groups but the possibility of groups with four teams is increasingly returning to conversations behind-the-scenes.

It would mean more games and a potentially straight-forward group stage in which the two higher-ranked teams qualify for the knockout rounds with relative ease. The risk of any collusion, however, would be reduced.

If FIFA go with three-team groups, introducing penalty shootouts — to determine which team could claim a bonus point in the event of a drawn game after 90 minutes in the group stage — are one option to settle which team progresses.

These shootouts could take place before kick-off or at full-time.

If the penalty shootout took place after the game, however, there is an increased risk of manipulation — for example if a particular result benefitted both the teams playing and eliminated the third country in the group.

I can't even

Back
Top Bottom