FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

The pitch will feel smaller as there are less wide open spaces compared to pes 21, there was literally no midfield In the game
To me it is a matter of difficulty level in both games. PES may offer wide open spaces visually, but due to the less agile players and CPU aggression level (at least on legend difficulty) it has less room for errors than FIFA22 to me. It is one of the side effects of the twitchy magnet ball dribbling that overshadows the experience for me until now. My hopes are disappearing more and more this could be addressed in some way by a patch, as it seems to be a decision "by design".

Anyone else sick and tired of the celebrations? Run to the corner flag and punch it. Run to the corner flag and jump over it. Repeat repeat repeat... When they played the 11v11 for hypermotion surely to fuck they got them to do a few celebrations? Or did those that scored just run to the corner flag and box it or jump over it?

Pes had the same celebrations for years but at least they were a bit varied. Game has only been out 3 weeks and am bored of the players running to the corner flag already.

At least Konami put a bit of effort in at some time.

I don't think I've watched one celebration! Just skip them all.

This is why I like to press "X" (PS5) one time right after scoring, leaving no time for them to run to the corner flag. This way it zooms in on the player and they perform their own "uncanned corner flag" celebration.

Most of the time I won't control the player after scoring, just press "X" and see what celebration comes. At times, usually when losing, I have had to move the player into the goal so they pick it out of the net.
So I have to relearn everything from scratch?! I was used to pressing nada! :LOL:

Regarding the club creation in manager career: am I only able to generate players randomly? Every time I change team strength or age of the team, the formation of the team and player names change. That’s the only way to alter my custom team?
I tried going to edit mode, after saving my created custom team, to edit the players later but that didn’t work.
plus I can only replace a real team in a real league? No rest of the world team to replace?

Sitting here with pretty tied hands, regarding the editing… any tips, or is that it?!

Regarding the club creation in manager career: am I only able to generate players randomly? Every time I change team strength or age of the team, the formation of the team and player names change. That’s the only way to alter my custom team?
I tried going to edit mode, after saving my created custom team, to edit the players later but that didn’t work.
plus I can only replace a real team in a real league? No rest of the world team to replace?

Sitting here with pretty tied hands, regarding the editing… any tips, or is that it?!
No tips unfortunately because this is the only way. You'll get random players and you can only replace teams from a real league. The replaced team will be moved in Rest of the World.

No tips unfortunately because this is the only way. You'll get random players and you can only replace teams from a real league. The replaced team will be moved in Rest of the World.
Thanks for the quick reply. Alright then. Let’s start a new team in English league 4! :)
I’ll tinker with the randomness a bit then to find a nice squad.
when I loaded up one just minutes ago… PES vibes came up already. :D

I'll also start a career with a created team this afternoon but in 3. Liga in Germany. I think I'll replace Freiburg II or Dortmund II. It really reminds me at the good old PES times and great that we can customize the stadium, the kits etc. every season.

I'll also start a career with a created team this afternoon but in 3. Liga in Germany. I think I'll replace Freiburg II or Dortmund II. It really reminds me at the good old PES times and great that we can customize the stadium, the kits etc. every season.
With Freiburgs first team performance these days, honor that and replace Dortmund II! ;)
enjoy pal!

Who should I replace in English league 4? I have no clue. Who’s got history and needs to stay in? Who’s not liked in England? Who’s the rich club nobody likes? :)

Edit: First round Emirates Cup drawings are today?!

Last edited:
Anyone else seeing a complete lack of defensive awareness on the fast break. Like I'll break down the wing and my forward will be bombing it into the box and the central defenders will just saunter back leaving the forward to score. Seeing this loads

This game is horrible online, completely horrible. FUT and Seasons is a complete waste of time. The midfield is non existent, end to end trick- Futsal- nightmare. What surprised me was that not even with Semi- assisted as a preset I seem to find people to play in Seasons. Manual I get but Semi?

Last edited:
All this news about the FIFA license and how they want EA to pay $1B, but what does having this license actually grant them other than the "FIFA" name? What would opening it up to more developers actually achieve?

The club team licenses are either done as part of a league license or with each individual club, the player likenesses are through FIFPro, they have the UEFA license for those competitions etc... FIFA doesn't seem to contribute anywhere.

Maybe the international teams or World Cup likeness could be affected, but they barely make an effort for international football anyway even with the FIFA license - loads of teams missing (Peru, Switzerland, Turkey etc.) and they haven't included a full World Cup mode including qualifiers in a FIFA game since RTWC'98. Lately the World Cup and Euros only appear in games in the year of the finals as a DLC for the missing teams/stadiums (and an excuse to release special themed cards for people to gamble for).

Last edited:
I’ve gone back to the original slider set. Not sure what it was but I didn’t enjoy the new tweaks at all. When I upped the pass bar to 70 too, it also took away the fineness of passing and made it almost like assisted. There was no touch or sense of power to it anymore. Back to the original and loving it again.
Huh? There's around 100 celebrations you can do by inputting the combo after you score. That's more robust than PES since you're able to do any celebration as opposed to being limited to what a player's presets are. This also doesn't count the contextual, area based celebrations (running into the stands, running to the camera man, running to your manager, celebrating with the subs, etc.) The PS5/XSX versions also have exclusive celebrations that occur late in a match.
Im not really into inputting combos in once ive scored id rather sit back and watch a decent celebration then watch the reply. If there is over 100 celebrations in the game they really need to get them added in without doing Mortal Kombat combo moves.

Just heard EA is loosing FIFA license.

RIP World cup games.

I wonder what kind of stupid alternative name will EA come up with now. eFootballA 2022?

Hi mates
I have made couple of matchs, I love this game!
My sliders after patch 1.00002 Series X / PS5

Sliders Saturator V3 after patch 1.00002

Speed : normale
Difficulty : World Class or legend
Lenght : 8 minutes
Settings : FUMA
View or Camera : EA Gamecam

User / AI
Vitesse : 20/20
Acceleration : 50/50
Erreur dans les Frappes : 55/70
Erreur dans les passes : 55/60
Vitesse des Frappes : 45/45
Vitesses des passes : 35/35
Fréquences des blessures : 80/70
Gravité des Blessures : 30/53
Niveau Gardien : 65/65
Positionnement marquage : 57/65
Positionnement fréquences des courses : 27/52
Positionnement prof de la ligne def : 60/50
Positionnement etir de la ligne Def : 48/50
Positionnement larg de la ligne def : 51/48
Positionnement montée des arrieres : 49/50
Barre de puissance utilisateur : 50/-
Mauvais contrôle : 55/65

Matchs made this mourning

England Vs Belgium - FUMA - WC

Milan AC Vs Napoli - FUMA - WC

PSG Vs Anger - FUMA - Legend

Last edited:
I don't like the patch, a lot of the old habits have crept back in. Midfield play is no longer as important, you can't contain the AI opposition for the whole match and they've gone back to arbitrarily deciding when they're going to score or not.

Oh and I hate what they've done to full backs, they all seem to have 99 defensive positioning. Through balls are almost impossible against them.

Hi mates
I have made couple of matchs, I love this game!
My sliders after patch 1.00002 Series X / PS5

Sliders Saturator V3 after patch 1.00002

Speed : normale
Difficulty : World Class or legend
Lenght : 8 minutes
Settings : FUMA
View or Camera : EA Gamecam

User / AI
Vitesse : 20/20
Acceleration : 50/50
Erreur dans les Frappes : 55/70
Erreur dans les passes : 55/60
Vitesse des Frappes : 45/45
Vitesses des passes : 35/35
Fréquences des blessures : 80/70
Gravité des Blessures : 30/53
Niveau Gardien : 65/65
Positionnement marquage : 57/65
Positionnement fréquences des courses : 27/52
Positionnement prof de la ligne def : 60/50
Positionnement etir de la ligne Def : 48/50
Positionnement larg de la ligne def : 51/48
Positionnement montée des arrieres : 49/50
Barre de puissance utilisateur : 50/-
Mauvais contrôle : 55/65

Matchs made this mourning

England Vs Belgium - FUMA - WC

Milan AC Vs Napoli - FUMA - WC

PSG Vs Anger - FUMA - Legend
Did the keeper actually catch that Kane shot one handed? :SHOCK: :LOL:

Hi guys, is there a way to get a curved cross? In PES it’s called early cross and I did it pressing L1+Circle buttons. In FIFA I cannot do the same.

All this news about the FIFA license and how they want EA to pay $1B, but what does having this license actually grant them other than the "FIFA" name? What would opening it up to more developers actually achieve?

The club team licenses are either done as part of a league license or with each individual club, the player likenesses are through FIFPro, they have the UEFA license for those competitions etc... FIFA doesn't seem to contribute anywhere.

Maybe the international teams or World Cup likeness could be affected, but they barely make an effort for international football anyway even with the FIFA license - loads of teams missing (Peru, Switzerland, Turkey etc.) and they haven't included a full World Cup mode including qualifiers in a FIFA game since RTWC'98. Lately the World Cup and Euros only appear in games in the year of the finals as a DLC for the missing teams/stadiums (and an excuse to release special themed cards for people to gamble for).
Where arenyou getting 1 billion from? Last reports is Fifa want to stop the 1 company monopoly rather than wanting to deal with EA solely.

Where arenyou getting 1 billion from? Last reports is Fifa want to stop the 1 company monopoly rather than wanting to deal with EA solely.
Nah nah... If you believe fifa wants to stop monopoly you need to look closer.
They arent some antimonopoly crusaders for good faith. It is,was and will always be about money. They want a larger cut of the pie

This whole thing about there being more celebrations than the ones I've been watching endlessly for three weeks -- all the various roundhouse-kicking-the-corner-flag variations -- has blown my mind. I just Googled and found the list of user-controlled celebrations that somebody mentioned above. Why can't some of them be randomly triggered after a goal? I'm old and I don't like the idea of learning new button combos. I still panic when it's time to try a chip-shot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/sports/soccer/ea-sports-fifa.html

This is the kind of story I've seen circulating, the 1 billion figure here;

"The core of the dispute is financial. FIFA is seeking more than double what it currently receives from EA Sports, according to people with knowledge of the talks, a figure that would increase its payout from the series to more than $1 billion for each four-year World Cup cycle."

You can Google "fifa license 1 billion" to find many more outlets using this figure.

If the intention were to prevent a "monopoly" then I can't see the sense in that - functionally the FIFA license seems to offer nothing to the product other than the World Cup competition and the FIFA name.

I suppose some other studio like 2K could try to release "FIFA 23" and piggyback off the popularity EA have given that brand, but they'd still lack all of the team/league rights EA exclusively hold and it'd be a more hollow product in terms of licenses than the last decade of PES. I also can't imagine a plain World Cup game, no matter how good, being popular enough for long enough for a big studio to want to produce.

Not really seeing how the FIFA license opening up helps anybody. I reckon they're just playing chicken with EA hoping to extract more money but to me it seems FIFA needs EA more than EA needs FIFA.

I am about to commit blasphemy, but I've tried the latest OS sliders with fast game speed and two adjustments: 5/10 sprint speed, 50/30 pass speed. Everything clicked, it even seems like the foot planting is better.
The camera plays a big role in the perception of game speed. Personally, I prefer Tele with 0 height and zoom.

This whole thing about there being more celebrations than the ones I've been watching endlessly for three weeks -- all the various roundhouse-kicking-the-corner-flag variations -- has blown my mind. I just Googled and found the list of user-controlled celebrations that somebody mentioned above. Why can't some of them be randomly triggered after a goal? I'm old and I don't like the idea of learning new button combos. I still panic when it's time to try a chip-shot.

I knew i had missed 1 out the roundhouse kick. So generally we have 3 celebrations if you dont want to control and input combos. We do get 1 more celebration if its a late winner.
Nah nah... If you believe fifa wants to stop monopoly you need to look closer.
They arent some antimonopoly crusaders for good faith. It is,was and will always be about money. They want a larger cut of the pie
So are they wanting to charge each company 1 billion dollars? It seems an awfully rounded number im sceptical tbh.

Attachments

• 20170505-dr-evil.jpg
    20170505-dr-evil.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom