FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Further to my comments about line length at 90/90, I just had a thought.... I’ve only tried it for literally 5 minutes so I can’t yet report on results, but I’m trying ALL line sliders at 100/100 (I know height doesn’t seem to do anything but for the sake of the test it’s there too).

The idea behind this is due to the way teams compress and track now - it’s virtually all hypermotion. So on 20 and 21, our line settings would have to be quite narrow in order to create a realistic team shape, whereas what I feel like is happening now is hypermotion is dictating the general compression of team shape and the line sliders seem to either open or close the amount of distance that players can come out of this shape in different contexts. The idea by setting everything to 100 - in theory teams are ‘allowed’ to cover more of the pitch, yet they still compress tightly and track.

It’s just an idea and I’m not sure exactly how it’ll work with width especially, but lets see...

High width feels like it creates too many gaps from my attempt just playing with it. I've put it back to 55.

High width feels like it creates too many gaps from my attempt just playing with it. I've put it back to 55.
Yeah I agree. It’s not terrible but I think the extra distance means it takes just a little too long to get back into that compact shape. I’m back on 55 as well. I’ll keep length at 100 for now and see...

Yeah I agree. It’s not terrible but I think the extra distance means it takes just a little too long to get back into that compact shape. I’m back on 55 as well. I’ll keep length at 100 for now and see...
At least this is going better than our attempts to make 20 and 21 playable. Getting the back four stepping up helps as well.

At least this is going better than our attempts to make 20 and 21 playable. Getting the back four stepping up helps as well.
100%. This game is far, far better than those games.

If EA decide to make the line height slider work in a patch, that could make a real difference with what we could do too!

Was that a thing in the past, sliders not working but after an update they did?!
I can’t recall them not working before.

I think they could easily just adjust that threshold value to hold their line higher and that would make a big difference too. It’s one value. That’s definitely achievable in a patch.

Obviously I'm on PC, but as we're talking about sliders, anything we can do to force our fullbacks to actually stay in the wide areas? I get mine playing as DM and CB and all sorts, very annoying!

Obviously I'm on PC, but as we're talking about sliders, anything we can do to force our fullbacks to actually stay in the wide areas? I get mine playing as DM and CB and all sorts, very annoying!

Must be a legacy thing, isn't the case on the PS5. I do remember it getting on my nerves in previous years though.

What do you mean by initial sliders mate?

To be honest I’ve tried a million things and the game just feels all over the place. I won’t stink up the thread with negativity and I reiterate, the game is so good in a lot of areas.

But I can’t get it to play how I want a football game to look, feel or play. I just can’t get past how frantic everything feels and my players feeling like a gust of wind could blow them over because there is no weight to them.

Anyway, I’ve given it a bash - I’m annoyed with myself for buying FIFA again. I didn’t waste money on FIFA 21 and played it on game pass instead, should have done the same with this as my gut instinct is to never pay for these modern football games.

(Last negative post by me I promise) :)
No, I understand pal. I’ve been the same with every Fifa and it to gets to a point where you are messing so much that the game becomes a mess and you’re not enjoying anything.
I’m confusing myself I think. My sliders now match this set. Slow gameplay. Pretty much Matt’s FUMA settings except 50 pass speed. I also set every defender to aggressive interceptions and step up. In tactics make the defence width so the full backs are level , just within the corner of the 18 yard box.
Try Tv cam pal, 0-zoom, 20 Height and maybe give it about 7-8 games. Just play it to win and forget about the animations and see how it goes.
Obviously all of the above is just what I do to get enjoyment out of it but I like to give options in the hope you may find something just right for you.
I don’t know if you play manual Mikhail, but it’s made a huge difference in enjoyment for me. Power bar at 50 will be frustrating at first but once you get the feel, it adds feeling to passing

Attachments

• 24088131-0AF5-44B3-ACD8-863AB5DFC9BF.png
    24088131-0AF5-44B3-ACD8-863AB5DFC9BF.png
    637.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
After about 10 years, yesterday I came back to FUMA. It's another dimension of playing. So hard but absolutely satisfying.
I have a questions: my image are always too dark in HDR. Is there a way to fix? I have a LG OLED 65C7 tv.

After about 10 years, yesterday I came back to FUMA. It's another dimension of playing. So hard but absolutely satisfying.
I have a questions: my image are always too dark in HDR. Is there a way to fix? I have a LG OLED 65C7 tv.
Use the PS5‘s setup guide to set it up (settings; screen, hdr setup)! after that you could check accessibility settings in FIFA for brightness and contrast. Your OLED should deliver a stunning pic when set up correctly. Enjoy pal!

😐

You who play FIFA22 offline, just like me, must be very angry with what they did to the game after the first update. We went from a situation of hope to a "revolt". In my humble conception (vision of who understands little of the game, but studies it) took everything that was good...

There always a big debate about HGIG and Dynamic Tone Mapping.

If you would like it brighter, I recommend DTM in your tv settings and you can also set your tv to PC mode which brightens the image too. Probably do the HDR calibration after those settings.
I have trouble with the HDR calibration with HGIG on.

Speaking of game features not working well out of the box, or at all, is anyone else actually seeing d-pad tactics at corners working? 'Crowd the goalkeeper' is the most obviously broken one. No player moves a muscle toward the keeper. The other three tactics are all meant to signal runs to different parts of the box but likewise don't do anything.

Vanishing Youth Academy post first season seems to be well known bug across all platforms, both old and new gens.
Cant find if they addressed this yet or not.
If anyone has seen it in latest patch notes - give me a shout, please.
Also not sure if its only in Created Club or in general. Dont remember anyone saying it here on Evo.
I was fiddling with new kits for new season and there was also option for crest and stadium. Which makes me wonder - does the game sees it as a New Start from scratch, without Youth Academy.
It did put me off a little bit, since Youth Academy is my main way of building a team.

Give length at 90/90 a go to help with it. Also Marking 75/75. This is with Matt's v5 set as a base. I know it sounds like everything will be more open at 90/90 but the way hypermotion works means the line sliders work a little differently now (in my opinion anyway). Some of it is contextual (and not ideal), but at 90/90 I find the midfield and defence step up and engage higher up the pitch and there's less backing off for the most part. I’m playing on world class.

In general, fixing that issue where the defenders generally follow the forward players runs is such an easy fix for EA. There’s a base depth where the defence will hold their line. I think the threshold is 0.3 for the pc version. Upping that number would do the trick.
I played those exact settings of yours today. Was switching back to v5 default at halftime. Felt more compressed your way, the whole team shape. Not 100% sure though. What are the downsides? what does @Matt10 has to say about it?

Last edited:
Speaking of game features not working well out of the box, or at all, is anyone else actually seeing d-pad tactics at corners working? 'Crowd the goalkeeper' is the most obviously broken one. No player moves a muscle toward the keeper. The other three tactics are all meant to signal runs to different parts of the box but likewise don't do anything.
nope. I really like to use those options (in 16 anyway) but they don’t seem to work in 22. i tried a couple of times but nothing…

nope. I really like to use those options (in 16 anyway) but they don’t seem to work in 22. i tried a couple of times but nothing…
Ah, I was hoping it was a 'feature' of starting out with the worst-possible team in the lowest division in Create A Club. Tactics not working until the team has good chemistry and/or is above a certain average OVR, and that sort of thing.

I keep meaning to play an exhibition with big teams to see if the d-pad tactics work there, but ten minutes spent doing that is ten minutes I could spend advancing my Created club another match through the long seasons in Career Mode.

FIFA 22 is a game entirely produced in a pandemic and shows signs of relative neglect in places. (Obligatory mention of Stewart Robson, who makes Trevor Brooking seem like Laurence Olivier.) If they just couldn't get the d-pad tactics working they would remove the on-screen prompt telling the player to use them, i think, so let's hope that somebody turned off d-pad tactics in development while testing something, and just forgot to turn them back on.

Do they work online? The experience of playing on somebody's pitch with red line markings in my first online FIFA 22 match means there won't ever be another one for me. If the tactics don't work online either then there's a chance it's high up the fixlist.

Ah, I was hoping it was a 'feature' of starting out with the worst-possible team in the lowest division in Create A Club. Tactics not working until the team has good chemistry and/or is above a certain average OVR, and that sort of thing.

I keep meaning to play an exhibition with big teams to see if the d-pad tactics work there, but ten minutes spent doing that is ten minutes I could spend advancing my Created club another match through the long seasons in Career Mode.

FIFA 22 is a game entirely produced in a pandemic and shows signs of relative neglect in places. If they just couldn't get the d-pad tactics working they would remove the on-screen prompt telling the player to use them, i think, so let's hope that somebody turned off d-pad tactics in development while testing something, and just forgot to turn them back on.

Do they work online? My experience of playing on somebody's pitch with red line markings in my first online FIFA 22 match means it will be my only online FIFA 22 match. If they don't work online either then there's a chance it's high up the fixlist.
And what a nice idea that is pal. I see, you have the spirit/passion! :D
;) it’s absolutely amazing how you think that way and I feel the same. :)

as nerdy as it may seem, those ideas and having them in a game, would be super sweet! Imagine all our small ideas regarding atmosphere, gameplay and what not would find their way into the game. Football video game heaven!! :D

Back
Top Bottom