FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Hitmanuk what are your sliders? I play on WC at slow speed.
Semi controls with manual lob pass

AI pass and shot error at 69
Shot speed 52 for both
Pass speed 51 for both

That's it for me , used to have some heavy adjustments but no longer feel the need.

Most games are fairly close like 2-1 , 3-1 either way

All I see when I turn on FIFA 22 is this, whether it's online or offline:

How absolutely piss-poor is this?

From kick-off, just running full-speed right and then full-speed left (no dribbling involved) while defenders watch on, going "well he's outfoxed me there". Like (overused phrase but true in this instance) a PS1 game.

It's dead.

From kick-off, just running full-speed right and then full-speed left (no dribbling involved) while defenders watch on, going "well he's outfoxed me there". Like (overused phrase but true in this instance) a PS1 game.

It's dead.
No sliders. Fast speed or normal. users attitude. 🤷‍♂️
it can look different with your offline experience.

It can look different, but it feels the same. It's so far from football now, it's just an absolute waste of time. In my opinion.

I put this to the guy...

Yeah I've not experienced anything like this on my career. Im really enjoying it still and the games look like football to me. It obviously could be improved but still really good offline . The problem with online is people will always find exploits and use them as often as possible

So the rumours are EA are looking to sell or a merge, the consolidation of the industry continues. MS would be all over it but I can't see that happening with them currently in the acquisition process of Activision Blizzard.

Could be interesting going forward though for sports games in general. I'd love to see a bigger variety of developers with no licensing exclusivity.

Last edited:
I have chosen two top teams (City and M.United) to play at least a few matches in conditions and I have lowered all their main players 15 points in acceleration, speed and agility. What do I get with this? Not having to lower in the sliders the acceleration that you know that affects a lot to the animations, also this way you avoid the ultrasonic movements of the CPU (which in top teams are almost unbearable), also almost no need to put Slow speed where the defenders sometimes become very passive ... etc... And the truth is that I have enjoyed as never before the gameplay with top teams, because at tempo level is very similar to play with bad teams, but in terms of accuracy, AI, Player Id, they remain as what they are, very well recreated teams. Even so, it is convenient to play some sliders, such as lowering the passing speed, increasing the passing and shooting errors, increasing the first touch,...etc.

It's a pain to play the attributes, you spend almost half an hour for two teams, but it's just that I had been fucked days of not enjoying and this has tasted like glory to me.

Source: kakashihatake78 (Elotrolado Forums)

I have chosen two top teams (City and M.United) to play at least a few matches in conditions and I have lowered all their main players 15 points in acceleration, speed and agility. What do I get with this? Not having to lower in the sliders the acceleration that you know that affects a lot to the animations, also this way you avoid the ultrasonic movements of the CPU (which in top teams are almost unbearable), also almost no need to put Slow speed where the defenders sometimes become very passive ... etc... And the truth is that I have enjoyed as never before the gameplay with top teams, because at tempo level is very similar to play with bad teams, but in terms of accuracy, AI, Player Id, they remain as what they are, very well recreated teams. Even so, it is convenient to play some sliders, such as lowering the passing speed, increasing the passing and shooting errors, increasing the first touch,...etc.

It's a pain to play the attributes, you spend almost half an hour for two teams, but it's just that I had been fucked days of not enjoying and this has tasted like glory to me.

Source: kakashihatake78 (Elotrolado Forums)

I’m a Utd fan. We’re not a ‘top team’ mate 😂

I wonder how much better this game would be if they allowed roster imports.
Lately I've been playing with a roster on 2k that really has made gameplay in all areas absolutely fantastic.
Wish EA would open up to things like that ,would fix tons of issues and make it a really good game (most likely

It's dead.
I'm sure he scored one like that against England:P

Would be pretty cool if they ever got there (there being the fluidity shown in the trailer) and have to admit that there is a lot I would be willing to put up with if such fluidity was ever apparent. Unfortunately, none of the stuff I am willing to put up with is that found in FIFA's more recent, second half of the 2010's until now DNA. My patience/forgiveness truly reached breaking point in FIFA22.

It really is a shame that such tech seams to go to waste, even if I admit I am only human and every year for a month or two FIFA can dazzle before it falls apart completely. I'd take FIFA09 - FIFA11 gameplay with current tech over that which has been served of late, and those games certainly had their issues. They were just not anywhere near as egregious/trolling as those found in recent entries.

Actually, I forgot about FIFA16 and in retrospect FIFA17. Those two the last truly great (or just long lasting) offerings. That first year of Frostbite was a bit wobbly, but I don't know why but FIFA17 seemed to resonate with me.

What kills the fluidity of FIFA 22 (and all previous FIFA for many years) is those spastic, very quick and unnatural animations when player turns, passes and sometimes shoots. You can notice it almost in every replay. That makes the game look pretty unnatural.
Ball physics in shooting is not realist and coherent to shooting animation/foot animation-velocity.

What kills the fluidity of FIFA 22 (and all previous FIFA for many years) is those spastic, very quick and unnatural animations when player turns, passes and sometimes shoots. You can notice it almost in every replay. That makes the game look pretty unnatural.
Ball physics in shooting is not realist and coherent to shooting animation/foot animation-velocity.
Yep, shooting. Apart from ball going through the other leg, the players don't fall over while shooting. It's ridiculous, look at this:

fifa22trossard.gif

Yep, shooting. Apart from ball going through the other leg, the players don't fall over while shooting. It's ridiculous, look at this:

View attachment 162697

See, I can appreciate what they are looking to do with stuff like that and I can sort of forgive it in offline modes. I dare say when I have seen that stuff from a gameplay cam I have been like "Whoa! What was that animation? Cool!" only for the replay to have me go "Oh...that."

See, I can appreciate what they are looking to do with stuff like that and I can sort of forgive it in offline modes. I dare say when I have seen that stuff from a gameplay cam I have been like "Whoa! What was that animation? Cool!" only for the replay to have me go "Oh...that."

Curious to know why you'd be more forgiving of that for offline modes. I align that to the physics-defying responsiveness that is more desirable to online players.

Curious to know why you'd be more forgiving of that for offline modes. I align that to the physics-defying responsiveness that is more desirable to online players.
Because a visual/physics glitch I could (maybe) forgive in an offline mode and write it off as a quirk. In an online mode I'd feel there was shenanigans/scripting/momentum shifting afoot.

Not liking the latest update. For me, the games swing wildly in CPU difficulty level game to game taking no account of the strength of the opposition. Lost 3 of my last 7 career games by 5-0, 5-1 and 7-0 and that happens normally about once or twice a season max I get trounced. Won the games inbetween without much of a sweat. The CPU shooting on my sliders is on 70, imagine that 7-0 game had it been the default 50 :R1

Yeah, I got absolutely blown out 7-0 after the same match with the same two teams ended 2-2 and was actually decent. Very erratic stuff, and when the AI decides to take a trip to Tiki-Taka City I get motion sickness.

Around a quarter of a century ago Gran Turismo released with an arcade disc and simulation disc.

For the love of god SOMEBODY do this with a football game. It really is money being left on the table at this point and for all I admire the slider obsessives they are working with something with all the nonsense baked in, and my patience for this whole cycle of they patch it and then community in turn needs to fix it (and this isn't some kits/rosters - it's actual gameplay) is wearing thin. Not a critique of the community turnaround times, but that it needs done in the first place to the level apparent.

I know it is a game/passion in itself is the whole sliders thing, but it should be a complimentary/enhancing thing for those dudes to delve into; not them having to fix it within the confines of the bloated/schizo base product.

It's not new, but even faster with that version.
Will wait the 23 version just by curiosity "if" they change direction, well i've been waiting since 4 versions so... No hope at all of improving it to make it looking at least to something that follows some very simple law of physics and what a man can do on a pitch rules.

That game is an anomaly, even Super Sidekicks looks more logic.
And i really believe that UFL will be better to play than this. Even if it looks like a PS3 game.
You can have 1 billions animations and a thousand of algorithms... Doesn't matter if you do shit with it.
It looks like they put everything in a milkshake and voilà, the game is done.

It's very sad that they listen too much to young instead of people with more experience regarding Football and Football Games.
Because i don't think at all the game would sold less:
if they will make it more Logic and following some law and what a player and a team can/can't do. i ain't Mr realistic but there's limits of acceptance.

The youths or little olders guys buying FIFA every year will get used to a "semi-simulation" change if EA answer correctly, continue to play FUT, and their usual Fifa buy every year and that's all.
Well, the worst case is that the devs think it's very good like that and better : that should be a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom