FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Around a quarter of a century ago Gran Turismo released with an arcade disc and simulation disc.

For the love of god SOMEBODY do this with a football game. It really is money being left on the table at this point and for all I admire the slider obsessives they are working with something with all the nonsense baked in, and my patience for this whole cycle of they patch it and then community in turn needs to fix it (and this isn't some kits/rosters - it's actual gameplay) is wearing thin. Not a critique of the community turnaround times, but that it needs done in the first place to the level apparent.

I know it is a game/passion in itself is the whole sliders thing, but it should be a complimentary/enhancing thing for those dudes to delve into; not them having to fix it within the confines of the bloated/schizo base product.
Afaik, this had only to do with data limits.
disc 1 contained the arcade mode option (just racing on tracks with cars). Disc 2 contained the main game, aka sim mode (buying, building, driving…).

Yes exactly. In the old FIFAs, you could choose between arcade or simulation.
FUT is full arcade so EA shoud let offline players play simulation games as they wanted.

I played Top Spin 4 on my SteamDeck. What a wonder since 2011. No tennis game for now could beat it. Fun and simulation, we can have both. So it's possible. My kids love it.
Top spin 5 should be out in 2023🤞

Love Top Spin 4. But i discovered very recently Virtua Tennis 2, it's like a PES (mix Action-Realism) but for tennis.
And i falled in loved with that game even if it's clearly different. My second favourite Tennis Game in 3D (there's a tons of Retro but i can't put them in the same case)

End of O.T.

Well i don't remember that much in the past the difference between Arcade and Simulation lol. But i believe they believe that their game is a sim or Action-Realism for real, like an Old PES which inspired FIFA 08 to 14.
They have to revise their own classics from PS3, and see how different it was. Just in terms of logic, but all they see is "technically" as devs. We don't care, a game could have tons of algorithms, if the game don't have a core engine for the fundamentals...

But i think Frostbite got it, see FIFA 17 : there was inertia. That opus gives me hope for the future. Some bugs in ball physics, rectifiable.
Then they completely transformed it. So even with a good logic core engine, you can f*** up the fundamentals EA style :(

You probably know by now, I’m in sim racing heaven for over a year now.
just let me get slightly off topic as it scratches our fifa slider topic.

just have a look at this video, from 8:24 min, as I think this is similar to what we have with fifa sliders. its the message behind the tech talk that I’m focusing on here.

as much as I like the sliders… they bring problems as well. In the end, I’d prefer a game to have soul, value gameplay… but this starts in the heads of the developers… or stock holders these days! 😉
at least it showcases how it’s just normal, we all talk a bit different reg. our gameplay experiences.

Sliders doesn't mean much as long as we don't have sliders for player tendencies ,those are the ones determinating behaviour of players ,instead of just how a whole team behaves.
It's pretty much fluff and/or outdated the way it is now/always has been.

This game is a 2021 product ,but it's still trapped in its 2010 ish setup

Sliders doesn't mean much as long as we don't have sliders for player tendencies ,those are the ones determinating behaviour of players ,instead of just how a whole team behaves.
It's pretty much fluff and/or outdated the way it is now/always has been.

This game is a 2021 product ,but it's still trapped in its 2010 ish setup
They dont really care about the gameplay.
They are trying to give options by to changing gameplay per mode. Different gameplay at seasons, pro clubs, volta and FUT.
If you mess aroung with sliders you will destroy the balance of the game.
The truth is that they have a small team about all this modes but they are focus at FUT mode. Why? Money....
2021 1,623$ millions
2020 1,491$ millions
2019 1,369$ millions
2018 1,180$ millions
plus they win 250$ millions from the titles per year.
Imagine if they release a free FUT mode at the summer of 2023
They will completely delete the other modes.

I reverted back to the disc version of NG last night to compare. The movement and intertia is definitely much better than after the mess of the updates. The issue I have with it is that the CPU always take the ball to the byline. The updates really improved that aspect a lot. Why can't we have good things?:CRY:

I reverted back to the disc version of NG last night to compare. The movement and intertia is definitely much better than after the mess of the updates. The issue I have with it is that the CPU always take the ball to the byline. The updates really improved that aspect a lot. Why can't we have good things?:CRY:
Every year I beg for a "version selector" for offline players. Every year I point out NHL has it. Why do we miss out?

Didn't know there was that option for NHL, i don't know a single game who purposed that and it's pretty great idea.
Perhaps one of the best i've heard since there's patchs. Thanks for the info. For the 23 version of NHL i think i will buy that game.
The thing is NHL > EA sports too.

Well, on others games it's more bugs corrections so it's less neeeded, but on Sports it's also changes in basic stuffs for gameplay, speed, etc.

I was satisfied more or less with 2 or 3 or 4 patchs before even without sliders just "slow" + "semi" on everything and manual for Throught high passes.
To me the change was big and finally i could try and enjoy the game as i didn't liked practically all others versions (that was the only one with movement speed toned down).
Now it's really became too melted, awful and more buggy than ever.

I'm also against tons of patchs changing gameplay. 12 ffs, it's way too much. You got 12 different hidden settings in fact. I would be sincerely annoyed if i was someone who was focused on Sliders... You change and found a good balance trying and retrying during 5 days, and 2 week after the version 8 for example : a new patch destroy it. They lost time for re-balance the game with new sliders for new patch version 9 instead of perfecting the one for the version 8 then.

Didn't know there was that option for NHL, i don't know a single game who purposed that and it's pretty great idea.
Perhaps one of the best i've heard since there's patchs. Thanks for the info. For the 23 version of NHL i think i will buy that game.
The thing is NHL > EA sports too.

Well, on others games it's more bugs corrections so it's less neeeded, but on Sports it's also changes in basic stuffs for gameplay, speed, etc.

I was satisfied more or less with 2 or 3 or 4 patchs before even without sliders just "slow" + "semi" on everything and manual for Throught high passes.
To me the change was big and finally i could try and enjoy the game as i didn't liked practically all others versions (that was the only one with movement speed toned down).
Now it's really became too melted, awful and more buggy than ever.

I'm also against tons of patchs changing gameplay. 12 ffs, it's way too much. You got 12 different hidden settings in fact. I would be sincerely annoyed if i was someone who was focused on Sliders... You change and found a good balance trying and retrying during 5 days, and 2 week after the version 8 for example : a new patch destroy it. They lost time for re-balance the game with new sliders for new patch version 9 instead of perfecting the one for the version 8 then.
For offline players they should allow a patch selector so you can downgrade if you dont like one, I remember loving the 2nd patch on pes 20 and then the game was destroyed ...in fact every game should have that

For offline players they should allow a patch selector so you can downgrade if you dont like one, I remember loving the 2nd patch on pes 20 and then the game was destroyed ...in fact every game should have that

Yeah I think it was PES 20 for me too, when I've never wanted it more. There was a patch - I want to say early in the new year - that took it from enjoyable to unplayable for me. That's when my hatred of patching really took hold.

Simply from a consumer point of view. It's unfair that a product you pay for can be changed against your will. Yes, you pay for it knowing that it might happen, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

For me it was the last patch who killed the game for P20, they changed a bit ball physics but not the players reactions regarding that change.
It was too weird to play then. No i just can't play that version as it feel bugged (perhaps even on purpose for buying PES 2021 Season)

Don't you think that EA or others company does the same with Fifa and their last patchs? I mean killing the game for buying the next version.
Well in Konami case it was different... Season update stuff, not a brand new version.
But for example, i remember that i really liked the very last patch for FIFA 17 (if i remember well) but the biggest one was for PES 2014 (), i mean it was obvious and most of stuffs were really corrected.

Sorry i don't compare, it's just talking about Gameplay Patches overall on sports games, i can't just took Fifa as an example from the past (PS4 was PES to me)

For me it was the last patch who killed the game for P20, they changed a bit ball physics but not the players reactions regarding that change.
It was too weird to play then. No i just can't play that version as it feel bugged (perhaps even on purpose for buying PES 2021 Season)

Don't you think that EA or others company does the same with Fifa and their last patchs? I mean killing the game for buying the next version.
Well in Konami case it was different... Season update stuff, not a brand new version.
But for example, i remember that i really liked the very last patch for FIFA 17 (if i remember well) but the biggest one was for PES 2014 (), i mean it was obvious and most of stuffs were really corrected.

Sorry i don't compare, it's just talking about Gameplay Patches overall on sports games, i can't just took Fifa as an example from the past (PS4 was PES to me)
I don't think EA do , fifa 16 last patch was the best .

Now I think they are more forced with online players but I still enjoy 22 offline. The other issue maybe the new next gen engine and getting to grips with it I guess 23 will tell us more. They will.need to be more careful 24 when they lose FIFA licence as they lose a big pull there and the only way I can see around it is s strong edit /import option

Well, for Konami, i don't know it's a supposition because (the only case i remember is PES 2020, but there's perhaps others ones i don't remember too.
Just a fear that people won't buy Season Update, well just having the new teams was enough + the price.

As they're currently doing some bad stuffs here and there, we're seeing them like if they're devilish. I don't think it was a sabotage or something like that.
But i just think they're lost in their own games, and got no recoil at all. Recoil, that's really what they need i think.
Especially Fifa, and right now because it's been 4-5 years they miss completely the spots whatever the taste of people, PES was much more appreciated by the community, test, and won the critical success from people. But buying Fifa was like an automatism so... I always brough the 2. Except the 21 as i found the 20 terrible for X reasons, far too easy vs CPU, and readed that F21 was even worst.

PES is another story with their F2P shift / we don't know if it's the game didn't sold enough or bring enough money but when you see how much they lost year after year... The price is more because they missed PS360 era, and FIFA was on top and gained everyone thrust. Now even if it's bad it will sell as usual / not stating that the game is bad but even if it's the case : people will buy it because it's the "standard" to have at home.

That's what they gained on PS360 era : PES was the standard to buy before they weren't prepared for that gen, Fifa was, make a PES (as the first versions was practically a copy) then found their own style, FUT appeared as a enormous change and replaced them. Whatever the lower ratings in Metacritcic or others website : it was good enough, with the most important licences.

Last edited:
I don't think EA do , fifa 16 last patch was the best .

Now I think they are more forced with online players but I still enjoy 22 offline. The other issue maybe the new next gen engine and getting to grips with it I guess 23 will tell us more. They will.need to be more careful 24 when they lose FIFA licence as they lose a big pull there and the only way I can see around it is s strong edit /import option
2023 ...

Yeah, the should keep the Fifa licence on the next version season 22-23 if i understood well.

Yeah, the should keep the Fifa licence on the next version season 22-23 if i understood well.
Yeah Fifa 23 will still be FIFA then in 2023 for 24 edition FIFA is dropped . If I was EA I'd be putting in a good edit mode this year even with the FIFA license as a big F You this is what's coming. One where you can create teams and stadiums and share with each other like PGA golf courses

Yeah Fifa 23 will still be FIFA then in 2023 for 24 edition FIFA is dropped . If I was EA I'd be putting in a good edit mode this year even with the FIFA license as a big F You this is what's coming. One where you can create teams and stadiums and share with each other like PGA golf courses
They dont care anymore about the tiltle. They discover FUT.

The problem with this game is the OTT sped up animations, players have no weight to them whatsoever. This in turn just makes the game too quick.

Each update has progressively made it worse. I wish going forward they would stick to a certain direction for gameplay, or as suggested have a separate arcade & simulation mode.

Considering how much money EA makes and the fact they have the majority of the licensing, they sure do fumble the game as a whole.

The problem with this game is the OTT sped up animations, players have no weight to them whatsoever. This in turn just makes the game too quick.

Each update has progressively made it worse. I wish going forward they would stick to a certain direction for gameplay, or as suggested have a separate arcade & simulation mode.

Considering how much money EA makes and the fact they have the majority of the licensing, they sure do fumble the game as a whole.
Each update hasnt made it progressively worse , one patch around Xmas was terrible and has since been rectified . Ive been back to disc vanilla on the ps5 and the defence deep line and GK are terrible compared to now

Each update hasnt made it progressively worse , one patch around Xmas was terrible and has since been rectified . Ive been back to disc vanilla on the ps5 and the defence deep line and GK are terrible compared to now
For me it just gets worse each time. The game actually felt decent to play when it was released, but I really can't play it now.

Footy games are complete tripe these days.

Every time I play it, I'm even more astonished at how bad a game can be when it produces an income of billions of dollars.

It's not even the jumping through a teammate like he's a ghost. It's the ball hitting him on the back of the head like he was taking a walk through the park. It's a fucking appalling game.

Crime? Nobody make you to buy crap for dinner. You have the option and the decision is yours. I have never give a cent at FUT. I like to play and build a team without buying packs. They find something addictive and they make a lot of money by that.
True story... 3 months ago I share my 5 years old nephew FIFA at his xbox so he can play kick off with his father. At my last visit he has found out FUT and he was trying to build a concept squad with icons players only. And believe nobody tell him about it.

Crime? Nobody make you to buy crap for dinner. You have the option and the decision is yours. I have never give a cent at FUT. I like to play and build a team without buying packs. They find something addictive and they make a lot of money by that.
True story... 3 months ago I share my 5 years old nephew FIFA at his xbox so he can play kick off with his father. At my last visit he has found out FUT and he was trying to build a concept squad with icons players only. And believe nobody tell him about it.

OK. Believe it or not, gambling is illegal in some countries. Everyone has the option like you said but addict. A addict doesn't have the option.
That said, I think gambling is OK, it's acceptable for me. But kid gambling business, I think it's worse than a crime.

Back
Top Bottom