FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Each update hasnt made it progressively worse , one patch around Xmas was terrible and has since been rectified . Ive been back to disc vanilla on the ps5 and the defence deep line and GK are terrible compared to now
There's two or three update before the last that i found, at least in terms of sensations and balance, the best of all. I didn't liked the previous one and neither the vanilla game : some here said them himself, it was more like "the effect of a new stuff" so a sort of illusion + the fact of disappointement regarding the other side game who embellish that game from the start.

But the debut wasn't so good as you think. To me, one update every 3 update was good (just an image, don't check update 3 and 6)

To me, the best was 3 or 4 patchs before the last one. Slower, the one with more inertia (needs to put on slow) : finally playable without too much complain on my side. I spend a good session, even if i still hate defending : i was on "deal with it" mode with it as the rest was good to me.
It was very short as the one after totally killed all, and removed players human skeleton and muscle to replace it by plastic and air on balloon.

But i kinda understand what says @StriderX9 / It's not worst patch after patch, but there's big up and down and the disappointement get bigger and bigger.

I get that some people don't like it for whatever reason but to suggest 22 next gen hasn't moved on from 21 old is ridiculous
But in some ways it definitely hasn’t. Because of EA‘s obsession with “responsiveness”, players can move their legs at ridiculous speeds, passes happen without them seemingly moving their legs, and the ping-pong passing can still take on hyper annoyingness.

The more I play this the more like it feels like I am playing a modern version of something like Actua Soccer 2.

By no means is that a complete dismissal of the game, as I actually liked Actua Soccer 2, but it does feel very weird/huge missed opportunity playing a football game in 2022 that costs so much to produce, makes so much, yet it feeling like the level of ambition apparent in gameplay is rooted in old 90's offerings...and basketball.

But in some ways it definitely hasn’t. Because of EA‘s obsession with “responsiveness”, players can move their legs at ridiculous speeds, passes happen without them seemingly moving their legs, and the ping-pong passing can still take on hyper annoyingness.
The game still (at least on the Series X) goes from slow to fast and vice versa randomly when you start a new game regardless of the sprint/acceleration slider settings. Last night I had to just stop playing. I had 50/50 sprint and 45/45 acceleration and the game on slow and each game was like pinball on speed.

Guys, I’ve been trying some strange slider combinations to see if I could improve the midfield resistance in the game, and I've stumbled across a combination that I feel has really improved it.

I hadn't been playing 22 NG much since the updates had such a negative impact on the game, but since I've made these changes I've been hooked.

It looks completely odd on paper, but don't worry about the values too much - the discrepancies between User and CPU are there for a reason and they balance each other out in certain ways. The real key values for the changes are how run frequency, marking and the line values all work together. For me, it’s improved the base positioning quite a lot and has given the CPU much better coverage in how they block passing lanes and how they press you.

This isn't going to magically fix all the issues in the game, but it makes you have to think a lot more about how you can play through the midfield and get through the lines (which for me is one the key fundamentals in how I can enjoy a football game).

It's still a bit of a work in progress as I try to fine tune it, but give it a go and see how you like it. Hopefully it can make the game a little more enjoyable for some.

To re-iterate, this set is designed more for the positioning/midfield area of the game - limbs are still going all over the place in the movement department! It's not perfect, but it's the best I can get it at the moment...oh and it's only for NG - it will defintely not have the same impact on CG.

-Professional/World Class/Legendary
-Slow
-Classic Attributes in Kick-Off mode
- Player based difficulty On.
-Manual/Semi (Competitor Switch off, Jockey Manual, Pass Block Assistance On, Analogue Sprint off)

Sprint Speed: 55/55
Acceleration: 49/50
Shot Error: 65/65
Pass Error: 60/60
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 48/43
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 45/68
Run Frequency: 40/40
Line Height: 75/75
Line Length: 10/100
Line Width: 10/100
FB Positioning: 5/5
First Touch Error: 50/50
Power bar: 55 (for full manual I recommend increasing this to 65-70)

Last edited:

I remember reading exactly the same leaks about F1 2022 a couple of months ago.
Cross play never happened.
Also he has stated the PC version is going to be next gen, when it seems very unlikely this will happen, as PC specs haven't changed much in the past year and EA are not going to release a game they are not confident will work smoothly on an average PC.

I won't believe anything these days until it is announced.

Last edited:
Guys, I’ve been trying some strange slider combinations to see if I could improve the midfield resistance in the game, and I've stumbled across a combination that I feel has really improved it.

I hadn't been playing 22 NG much since the updates had such a negative impact on the game, but since I've made these changes I've been hooked.

It looks completely odd on paper, but don't worry about the values too much - the discrepancies between User and CPU are there for a reason and they balance each other out in certain ways. The real key values for the changes are how run frequency, marking and the line values all work together. For me, it’s improved the base positioning quite a lot and has given the CPU much better coverage in how they block passing lanes and how they press you.

This isn't going to magically fix all the issues in the game, but it makes you have to think a lot more about how you can play through the midfield and get through the lines (which for me is one the key fundamentals in how I can enjoy a football game).

It's still a bit of a work in progress as I try to fine tune it, but give it a go and see how you like it. Hopefully it can make the game a little more enjoyable for some.

To re-iterate, this set is designed more for the positioning/midfield area of the game - limbs are still going all over the place in the movement department! It's not perfect, but it's the best I can get it at the moment...oh and it's only for NG - it will defintely not have the same impact on CG.

-World Class/Legendary
-Slow
-Classic Attributes in Kick-Off mode
- Player based difficulty On.
-Manual/Semi (Competitor Switch off, Jockey Manual, Pass Block Assistance On, Analogue Sprint off)

Sprint Speed: 55/55
Acceleration: 49/50
Shot Error: 65/65
Pass Error: 60/60
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 40/40
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 45/68
Run Frequency: 40/40
Line Height: 75/75
Line Length: 0/100
Line Width: 0/100
FB Positioning: 5/5
First Touch Error: 50/50
Power bar: 50 (for full manual I highly recommend increasing this to 65-70)
I have the power bar lower now as it stops the instant clearances from defense with just a tap of the lofted pass button or even through pass, This also contributes to the overall speed of the game

I remember reading exactly the same leaks about F1 2022 a couple of months ago.
Cross play never happened.
Also he has stated the PC version is going to be next gen, when it seems very unlikely this will happen, as PC specs haven't changed much in the past year and EA are not going to release a game they are not confident will work smoothly on an average PC.

I won't believe anything these days until it is announced.

not sure about f1 but fifa 22 already got crossplay in an update, albeit a limited version of it. so it seems likely that that will expand come fifa 23

Wow, only took that account 7 months to report it...

Metro: 2K Sports Discusses Buying FIFA Football Licence from EA (4th Nov 2021)

All because the head of 2K said this:

Could mean something... or nothing.
If you ask me, that probably means 2K is going into football games.

Way he said it is usually way some company hinting at some game release.

If FIFA licence expires this year, and if it was clear a year ago licence will not be in EA hands ... that means 2K football game is already in development at least few months.

I dont think it will be great game in first release, but with few years maybe. You can say whatever about NBA 2K, but at least game is looking something similar to basketball.

If you ask me, that probably means 2K is going into football games.

Way he said it is usually way some company hinting at some game release.

If FIFA licence expires this year, and if it was clear a year ago licence will not be in EA hands ... that means 2K football game is already in development at least few months.

I dont think it will be great game in first release, but with few years maybe. You can say whatever about NBA 2K, but at least game is looking something similar to basketball.
How's modding on 2K though ? Good or no ?

Same here, all those weird stuffs or bug or super fast/hard things to do in football but super easy in FIFA 22 resume that game.

2K to buy Fifa rights? "Never been in that sports"... They will understand how hard it's to conceive a football game.
Even if they buy licence...
But i think 2K is smart enough to know that they will need some help from various devs with experience in football titles.
And we're far from seeing a 2K game finished even after the Fifa Licence buy. So, it's a good thing, they could gain experience, but not for now on.

How's modding on 2K though ? Good or no ?
Huge modding scene on PC ,much more available to change stuff on console as well.
By stuff I mean how team/players/gameplay play/look.
And most NHL players (like me) still think their NHL franchise was/is better than EAs.

Plus their football series ,still regarded by HC fans as better than Madden.

Fifa 20 is leaving EA play on July 1st, so there's a pretty good chance Fifa 22 will join for those with EA play or GPU then

Played a game on next-gen tonight. Won a league cup game thanks to a penalty save.

And what a save.

Saved is saved! 😂

it looks even scarier when watched in super slomo! State of this really is sad too. Man… there will never be a good football game again I guess, at least one where simmers get catered… I really only have some minor hope left. Just a tiny bit…

Last edited:
The more I play this the more like it feels like I am playing a modern version of something like Actua Soccer 2.

By no means is that a complete dismissal of the game, as I actually liked Actua Soccer 2, but it does feel very weird/huge missed opportunity playing a football game in 2022 that costs so much to produce, makes so much, yet it feeling like the level of ambition apparent in gameplay is rooted in old 90's offerings...and basketball.
That‘s a good comparison. That’s exactly how it feels.

Pro tip: You don't notice that kind of stuff if you're not constantly watching replays in super slow-mo.
Except, you do. Because you think "how did his hands go from high to low in a fraction of a second - that's a bullshit save - and was that his foot spinning?" Unless you're playing on a 21" monitor and those details are too small to see or something.

Why do you even think I'd look at a replay in the first place unless something weird happened (that felt counter to my controller input, or the flight of the ball, or generally like some kind of "cheat" or code shortcut) and I wanted to see the reason why I (for example) didn't score a goal?

But sure, dish out the passive-aggressive pro tips like there's no tomorrow, buddy.

I've always looked at replays when playing FIFA or pes , especially newer games way to often.
"Wtf happened there" (check replay"

My worst is FIFA 19 playing as Genoa needing a win Vs Juventus and I missed the ball having my back turned to Buffon ,only to find out he punched through my back and stomach to get to it.
Think I quit 19 there and then
Or this gem

Still think Fifa 19 was less shitty regarding stuff like this though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom