FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Holy cow… I just checked. 😳
i have 330 hours in FIFA22. 😂

let’s say, just 1/4th of the play time were enjoyable… that would be 60 cent for an hour of fun. 🤷‍♂️ But who’s valuing fun in euro anyway!? Just saying.

and yes. I’ll will get fifa23! 😊
i went back to fifa19 because i read it was better , played two games and went back to 22 on the Ps5. Fifa 22 is not perfect but its still enjoyable

To be fair - I feel like I've spent the whole year flipping in and out of this game...completely unsure whether I actually enjoy it or not

On the one hand - it's the first Fifa I've played since 19 (after playing PES for 2 years :WHISTLE:) and what it does do right in terms of presentation and atmosphere is absolutely superb. And sometimes this really does translate onto the pitch.

Eg. I replayed Sunday's Chelsea Spurs game last night and it was honestly fantastic. Playing in broadcast, with my slider set, it was undeniably a football game; a proper high octane battle with every inch of the field fiercely contested and accentuated by the atmosphere in the stands. Kante motored about wining the ball in midfield, Jorginho was the cooler calming presence and Kane and Son were a menace I needed to be constantly wary of. Ended in a 1-1 draw, too

Then, on the other hand - the very same night no less, I played the weekend's Milan Udinese game and everything just felt......wrong

It wasn't a case of it just being a different football match in a different league; The speed all of a sudden felt off, the goals felt cheap and all the players relationships with the ball had gone sour. Sometimes they danced around/with it like they were performing a sacred voodoo dance, while at others they were attracted to it like a horny magnet, desperately disco shuffling across the ground to connect with it in the process.

This of course, leads me to think that it's a slider issue and proceed to spend the remainder of what should be fun downtime, flicking back and fourth between a couple of settings before turning off in frustration.

...........Then it's off to PES 21 and initially getting sucked into the placebo that that game is..... before really feeling it's emptiness and pining for all the things it lacks (presentation, atmosphere, licences) and getting frustrated that, in comparison, the players feel like handing lawnmowers with too much junk in the trunk.

Aaaaand then......it's back to Fifa 22 to repeat the cycle above. I've done this all year.....It's like some kind of enjoyment curse that I fear can only be broken by something that's better than either of them. Like a couple of people have mentioned here, I'm very much in the category of someone that needs a football game and I don't have the luxury of leaning on PC mods to look backwards to older titles.

I am trying to have hope, though.

. Decent game this with tactic edits and a few sliders. Legendary full manual . Finishes nil nil ..pens were a bit crazy

Don't know why but lately Ive been enjoying legendary quite a bit. Had to adjust sliders to make them less perfect but seems they play and risk more than WC in which I feel they play more safe and pass around making them quite frustrating. But did some adjustments and had such great games (not quite nil nil but a 1-0), may have to continue my career again. Will look into the tactics adjustments

Put the set in the video description Please.
Quite simple
Ai pass and shot error at 69
Pass speed for both 29
Shot speed 34 for both
RF 0 for both (seems to work well holding defensive line and midfield with the tactics edit)
Height 80 for both (also pushed to 80 in tactics )
Power bar around 70 to compensate for low pass and shot speed which really tame the game

My thought process was to cement the tactic edits with similar sliders. Example setting my CM in tactics to drop back and at the same time dropping RF to zero

Sorry a few edits , watching it back it looks really good , when you see my keeper throw it out to right winger , about a minute in , he collects it in his own half with full defensive line in tact . By default the opposition left back would be somewhere in midfield and my forward would be higher up resulting in counter attack every time

Last edited:
Quite simple
Pass speed for both 29
Shot speed 34 for both
RF 0 for both (seems to work well holding defensive line and midfield with the tactics edit)
Power bar around 70 to compensate for low pass and shot speed which really tame the game

My thought process was to cement the tactic edits with similar sliders. Example setting my CM in tactics to drop back and at the same time dropping RF to zero

Sorry a few edits , watching it back it looks really good , when you see my keeper throw it out to right winger , about a minute in , he collects it in his own half with full defensive line in tact . By default the opposition left back would be somewhere in midfield and my forward would be higher up resulting in counter attack every time
does this work for pc version?

To be fair - I feel like I've spent the whole year flipping in and out of this game...completely unsure whether I actually enjoy it or not

On the one hand - it's the first Fifa I've played since 19 (after playing PES for 2 years :WHISTLE:) and what it does do right in terms of presentation and atmosphere is absolutely superb. And sometimes this really does translate onto the pitch.

Eg. I replayed Sunday's Chelsea Spurs game last night and it was honestly fantastic. Playing in broadcast, with my slider set, it was undeniably a football game; a proper high octane battle with every inch of the field fiercely contested and accentuated by the atmosphere in the stands. Kante motored about wining the ball in midfield, Jorginho was the cooler calming presence and Kane and Son were a menace I needed to be constantly wary of. Ended in a 1-1 draw, too

Then, on the other hand - the very same night no less, I played the weekend's Milan Udinese game and everything just felt......wrong

It wasn't a case of it just being a different football match in a different league; The speed all of a sudden felt off, the goals felt cheap and all the players relationships with the ball had gone sour. Sometimes they danced around/with it like they were performing a sacred voodoo dance, while at others they were attracted to it like a horny magnet, desperately disco shuffling across the ground to connect with it in the process.

This of course, leads me to think that it's a slider issue and proceed to spend the remainder of what should be fun downtime, flicking back and fourth between a couple of settings before turning off in frustration.

...........Then it's off to PES 21 and initially getting sucked into the placebo that that game is..... before really feeling it's emptiness and pining for all the things it lacks (presentation, atmosphere, licences) and getting frustrated that, in comparison, the players feel like handing lawnmowers with too much junk in the trunk.

Aaaaand then......it's back to Fifa 22 to repeat the cycle above. I've done this all year.....It's like some kind of enjoyment curse that I fear can only be broken by something that's better than either of them. Like a couple of people have mentioned here, I'm very much in the category of someone that needs a football game and I don't have the luxury of leaning on PC mods to look backwards to older titles.

I am trying to have hope, though.
tbh, pes 21 shines only with low class teams, like 60s and 65s....but even then the AI attacks is so repetitive u d wish it was fifa s type of Ai....

After reading a post on Operation Sports about that recommended increasing the sprint speed slider to 58 on slow, tried it out, player movements are pretty fast, but it is actually pretty good, scores are still low, shot count is low, i recommend it, 48 accel, along with rest of op sliders.

New here..but what I figured on Ultimate difficulty (on career mode) is the line height, width, and length should be set to zero (0). That's to close any gaps between your players. It means your players will intercept the AI's "ping pong passes" because they are moving into position.

It's very drastic but it's the only way to counter the AI's slipping and sliding motion.

Position run frequency should be moved up to 70 and position marking at 80 with legacy defending.

Sprint speed at 60 and acceleration at 50 (for both user and CPU).

These settings allow your defenders to actually defend and they actually press up against attackers. I don't like nerfing the AI to play the game because the AI doesn't know how to play better on Legendary and Ultimate difficulty, all it does is basically input read and literally cheat. So I prefer to improve my team's chances against the AI.

New here..but what I figured on Ultimate difficulty (on career mode) is the line height, width, and length should be set to zero (0). That's to close any gaps between your players. It means your players will intercept the AI's "ping pong passes" because they are moving into position.

It's very drastic but it's the only way to counter the AI's slipping and sliding motion.

Position run frequency should be moved up to 70 and position marking at 80 with legacy defending.

Sprint speed at 60 and acceleration at 50 (for both user and CPU).

These settings allow your defenders to actually defend and they actually press up against attackers. I don't like nerfing the AI to play the game because the AI doesn't know how to play better on Legendary and Ultimate difficulty, all it does is basically input read and literally cheat. So I prefer to improve my team's chances against the AI.
would these changes also work on lower diff or just break the game
agree with ai in higher difficulty they just read your movements and just have a 0 delay reaction

would these changes also work on lower diff or just break the game
agree with ai in higher difficulty they just read your movements and just have a 0 delay reaction

These changes will completely break the game at lower difficulties.

The only thing I'd adjust at the lower difficulties is the speed. For some reason, the faster the sprint speed is the overall gameplay seems slower and more manageable.

Played last night and enjoyed the game again. Whether it be placebo because of the FIFA 23/eFootball shitfest on offer or I just got tired of the sloth responsiveness in PES 21, it was refreshing.

Quite simple
Pass speed for both 29
Shot speed 34 for both

I know its an old post, but I had to tell you these settings play so good. I was struggling to get the AI to play kinda acceptable, but these sliders did the trick. Might tweak a bit but still , thanks... even if its a few months later. My plan was to try them and then play a few games in Fifa 23 but ended up doing some transfers and playing great games. I enjoy 23 but something about 22 keeps me coming back and with these I might stick with a it a bit more...

I know its an old post, but I had to tell you these settings play so good. I was struggling to get the AI to play kinda acceptable, but these sliders did the trick. Might tweak a bit but still , thanks... even if its a few months later. My plan was to try them and then play a few games in Fifa 23 but ended up doing some transfers and playing great games. I enjoy 23 but something about 22 keeps me coming back and with these I might stick with a it a bit more...
Thanks, I have sliders I love for 23 , edited operation sports one to my preference but they feel great for me

Hi guys, im recently playing Fifa 22 on Xbox S with gamepass
The thing is, it look like the game it self still using old database ( 21-22) with Ronaldo still playing in Manchester United with previous year kit
Can i update the database to current transfer and kits too?

Hi guys, im recently playing Fifa 22 on Xbox S with gamepass
The thing is, it look like the game it self still using old database ( 21-22) with Ronaldo still playing in Manchester United with previous year kit
Can i update the database to current transfer and kits too?
If you want up to date squads? You have to do it yourself manually for every player at a time.

Download this like available mods or so is not possible on console only Pc. Kits would be too only possible on Pc.

something about 22 keeps me coming back and with these I might stick with a it a bit more...
I agree with this man. I fired up 22 on Ps5 last night and with the sliders I'm using I still think it plays quite a nice game of football.

Last edited:
I agree with this man. I fired up 22 on Ps5 last night and with the sliders I'm using I still think it plays quite a nice game of football. For me it feels more balanced, natural and enjoyable compared to 23. Something about 23 feels inconsistent and just off for me. Maybe I need to give it more time, but when I play 22 NG I don't find the 1v1 to feel as prominent either..
What slider set are you using, pal?! The latest 22’s from OS?

What slider set are you using, pal?! The latest 22’s from OS?
Speed: Slow

Attributes: Classic

////

Sprint speed 55/55

Acceleration 49/50

Shot error: 65/65

Pass error: 60/60

Shot speed: 50/50

Pass speed: 48/43

Injury freq: 50/50

Injury severity: 50/50

GK ability: 50/50

Marking: 45/68

Run freq: 58/58

Line height: 35/65

Line length: 10/100

Line width: 10/100

FB positioning: 5/5

First touch control error: 50/50

Powerbar: 65

////

Sprint speed 55/55

Acceleration 49/50

Gonna give these a try. I started a career with some manually updated arsenal transfers and was having a good time. I couldn't get the game to work in WC so I had to up to legendary and gimp the AI or else in WC they would be tiki taka all the time. What difficulty are you in?

////

Sprint speed 55/55

Acceleration 49/50

I tried them but it’s not my cup of tea.
too surgical with that low FT error for example. AI was ok-ish to play against. 👍

thx though. Was worth a test.

For the past few weeks I have been back to this game. Actually uninstalled 23 and am waiting for 24 to get cheaper.

The truth is I am having a great time playing this. Its amazing how different FIFA plays in lower difficulties. I found a sweet spot for me (not overanalyzing positioning or exact simulation but instead overall fun). I'm beating lower teams, coin toss against strong teams and have been bounced from champions league by strong teams like Bayern and Real (losing 4-1 and 3-1 respectively ; but somehow not feeling cheated). Theres no ping pong passing or games ending with me making 50 passes in a game vs the AI 350 passes. It plays faster than 23 but I do see more variation, looseness and randomness than in 23.

You can see in FUT when you choose the difficulty to play in, the boosts the AI gets, so playing in lower ones gets you a real level playing field (even if you have to boost them thru sliders).

I updated the arsenal roster and now Im not sure I really need to get FC24....

Back
Top Bottom