FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Nice , tbh when I change a full.league it will be the championship. If it feels good most of the time in prem it will be better in championship.
I guess this is similar to.the fluid tactic fix on pes. The natural player instructions are just over exaggerated to generate more goals
Last match was good as well. I edited the whole PL now.
you are probably right, might edit the championship as well. It’s done quickly anyway.

Last edited:

Video of 2 matches both against Newcastle and shows the player and team.edits if anyone's interested . The first game I tinker with controls and a couple of sliders so maybe the second game will be a better watch. Certainly helps shore up midfield

I don’t know - it’s reading stuff like this that makes me just want to throw in the towel with this game.

It’s no criticism, believe me I’m grateful to the people testing things out - but man, just look at the lengths we’re having to go to, not to enhance the offline experience…but to make it barely playable - it’s completely unacceptable!

Last match was good as well. I edited the whole PL now.
you are probably right, might edit the championship as well. It’s done quickly anyway.

I don’t know - it’s reading stuff like this that makes me just want to throw in the towel with this game.

It’s no criticism, believe me I’m grateful to the people testing things out - but man, just look at the lengths we’re having to go to, not to enhance the offline experience…but to make it barely playable - it’s completely unacceptable!
Every football game since 2017 on both sides has needed some form of edits to be payable. For me on ps5 the edits Im using make the game better for me , I don't find it unplayable at base standard

Every football game since 2017 on both sides has needed some form of edits to be payable. For me on ps5 the edits Im using make the game better for me , I don't find it unplayable at base standard
Agree with you here. It’s not unplayable, even when the basic version (fully updated) is not exactly what I want.
with the current OS sliders, customized to my liking a bit, plus your midfield optimization (won’t call it fix though) it’s fun to play even when I’m still missing some fundamental stuff. It’s FIFA, what can I say. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Quick question I wanted to ask for a while... how do you guys do headers? Tap the shoot button to jump and another to hit it? Keep it pressed all the time? tap it 1000x while the ball is in the air?
I just have times my guy jumps to head, sometimes he retreats to hit it with the foot leaving someone else to head it, sometimes wont jump, sometimes will indeed head it. Do I need to press another button to get him in position?

Anyway... having fun with this game lately, offline played better a few months ago (no surprise there), actually also having fun with FUT if you take it for what it is. fight me

why do the women play a better game than the men? seems to me the animations look better and more of them. Also their stats are lower giving more error in the game. What do you think it is? Or is it just my imagination? :))

A game in the 2nd or 3rd division also plays better. Stats play a big role and are exponential. Once you get to the best rated teams the stats seem to transform humans into cartoon characters with cartoon physics and no human traits. Just the way the game is made in recent years.

why do the women play a better game than the men? seems to me the animations look better and more of them. Also their stats are lower giving more error in the game. What do you think it is? Or is it just my imagination? :))
I agree. It is in deed a better gameplay. But don't ask me why. :BEER:

A game in the 2nd or 3rd division also plays better. Stats play a big role and are exponential. Once you get to the best rated teams the stats seem to transform humans into cartoon characters with cartoon physics and no human traits. Just the way the game is made in recent years.
Agree. Lower rated teams always played more natural and so to my liking.
Most noticeable to me in the AI passing department.

But the women national teams not only have lower rated players. For example germany have one with 90, 85, 83 and 82 and so on. The lowest is like 74 or so.

Agree. Lower rated teams always played more natural and so to my liking.
Most noticeable to me in the AI passing department.

It's why the only match I play to test a new game is something like Man City - Liverpool or similar. If it plays like crap, I can quickly skip the game without wasting more than an hour. Anything else and you could make the fatal mistake of thinking it's decent. 😅

It's why the only match I play to test a new game is something like Man City - Liverpool or similar. If it plays like crap, I can quickly skip the game without wasting more than an hour. Anything else and you could make the fatal mistake of thinking it's decent. 😅
😂 I get your drift…!
and absolutely, LIV and CITY are the teams I use to test passing too. I usually choose a lower rated team when I do those tests though, always starting with prof. difficulty and upping that later.

I just had another update for 4.3GB for "updating some kits"

I've been playing FUT a lot and actually games vs AI in which their chemistry is in the mid-50s are pretty good (WC), something I havent quite been able to replicate with sliders in normal modes. They make more mistakes, misplace passes dont always react to your tackles. When I play against chemistry 100 and its like a normal career mode in which they react instantly and pass the ball at will.

@manmachine been having great games with South American teams as well as English second division.... Premier League with top teams are just frustrating as hell

Have been doing my best to enjoy this game for the past couple of months or so. There are some absolutely glaring flaws with the defensive AI, but there's also some good in there when the stars align.

Been experimenting to find the best set of sliders, game settings and controller settings for a while now - like PES I think these all have to work in tandem. I think I've arrived at something fairly consistent at this pont... Trying mainly to address the hyperactive animations of the players, achieve a sense of inertia and get a little more variety from that a game that is painfully one-paced!

Video taken a couple of days ago (shocking gameplay I know, first time playing on manual ground pass):

Will post settings later if anyone's interested

Have been doing my best to enjoy this game for the past couple of months or so. There are some absolutely glaring flaws with the defensive AI, but there's also some good in there when the stars align.

Been experimenting to find the best set of sliders, game settings and controller settings for a while now - like PES I think these all have to work in tandem. I think I've arrived at something fairly consistent at this pont... Trying mainly to address the hyperactive animations of the players, achieve a sense of inertia and get a little more variety from that a game that is painfully one-paced!

Video taken a couple of days ago (shocking gameplay I know, first time playing on manual ground pass):

Will post settings later if anyone's interested
Sorry, hectic evening! Settings below... Anything not listed can be left at default or user preference. I don't have time to explain the rationale behind every setting in detail, but I'll leave a few findings that I don't often see talked about:

Game settings
Difficulty - World Class
Player Based Difficulty - On
Game Speed - Normal
  • I'm aware that Player Based Difficulty has always been a bit contentious, but I've come to enjoy it given it adds a little more variety to matches. With the right settings I don't find it as obnoxious as on default.
  • I've said for years now, this game is absolutely not built to function at Slow game speed. The ball loses all it's inertia and player animations become even more erratic in an effort to compensate. Not to mention defenders seem to be 'fighting' against the slower game speed and their positioning gets even worse.

Controller Settings
Auto Clearances/Flair Shots/Shots - Off
Assisted Headers - Off
Pass Block Assistance - Off
Ground Pass Assistance - Off
Analog Sprint - Off
  • Call it placebo but my feeling here is similar to PES; controller settings also affect the CPU.
    • The biggest offender for me is Ground Pass Assistance, changing this to Manual sees the AI suddenly start holding on to the ball a little more before releasing.

User Sliders
SliderUserCPU
Sprint Speed 216
Acceleration4950
Shot Error5858
Pass Error5865
Shot Speed3535
Pass Speed5845
Inj. FrequencyAnyAny
Inj. SeverityAnyAny
Goalkeeper Ability5050
Marking6565
Run Frequency2525
Line Height5353
Line Length4850
Line Width5353
Fullback Positioning5050
Power BarAnyN/A
First Touch5050
  • Sprint Speed is serving two purposes here
    • Reducing this massively helps with the erratic animations of the players on the pitch
    • The discrepancy gives the user a much needed boost in reaction time. Makes it easier to wrong foot defenders and especially important to balance loose ball situations
  • I find the simple 1 point discrepancy for acceleration to be important. The AI 'trusts' it's ability a little more and will attempt riskier dribbles

• Pass Speed is probably the most important one here. Increasing this for the user means that the ball travels with the correct amount of inertia, and player animations don't get messed up to compensate for an unnaturally slow moving ball. The game can be slowed down, but my thinking is that is should be slowed down tactically, reducing pass speed seems to just mess with the game's physics calculations.
    • The AI will adjust it's passing speed to whatever it wants. Putting this at 40 for the AI means in general play they will move the ball slowly, though they will also ping-pong it around if they decide to.
  • Shot speed being slowed I've found massively helps GK animations
All in all, this game has the same 'hacked together' feeling that PES does for me, with domino effects all over the place. Would like to hear if anyone else has any thoughts!

Sorry, hectic evening! Settings below... Anything not listed can be left at default or user preference. I don't have time to explain the rationale behind every setting in detail, but I'll leave a few findings that I don't often see talked about:

Game settings
Difficulty - World Class
Game Speed - Normal
  • I'm aware that Player Based Difficulty has always been a bit contentious, but I've come to enjoy it given it adds a little more variety to matches. With the right settings I don't find it as obnoxious as on default.
  • I've said for years now, this game is absolutely not built to function at Slow game speed. The ball loses all it's inertia and player animations become even more erratic in an effort to compensate. Not to mention defenders seem to be 'fighting' against the slower game speed and their positioning gets even worse.

Controller Settings
Assisted Headers - Off
Analog Sprint - Off
  • Call it placebo but my feeling here is similar to PES; controller settings also affect the CPU.
    • The biggest offender for me is Ground Pass Assistance, changing this to Manual sees the AI suddenly start holding on to the ball a little more before releasing.

User Sliders
SliderUserCPU
Sprint Speed216
Acceleration4950
Shot Error5858
Pass Error5865
Shot Speed3535
Pass Speed5845
Inj. FrequencyAnyAny
Inj. SeverityAnyAny
Goalkeeper Ability5050
Marking6565
Run Frequency2525
Line Height5353
Line Length4850
Line Width5353
Fullback Positioning5050
Power BarAnyN/A
First Touch5050
    • Reducing this massively helps with the erratic animations of the players on the pitch
    • The discrepancy gives the user a much needed boost in reaction time. Makes it easier to wrong foot defenders and especially important to balance loose ball situations
  • I find the simple 1 point discrepancy for acceleration to be important. The AI 'trusts' it's ability a little more and will attempt riskier dribbles

• Pass Speed is probably the most important one here. Increasing this for the user means that the ball travels with the correct amount of inertia, and player animations don't get messed up to compensate for an unnaturally slow moving ball. The game can be slowed down, but my thinking is that is should be slowed down tactically, reducing pass speed seems to just mess with the game's physics calculations.
    • The AI will adjust it's passing speed to whatever it wants. Putting this at 40 for the AI means in general play they will move the ball slowly, though they will also ping-pong it around if they decide to.
All in all, this game has the same 'hacked together' feeling that PES does for me, with domino effects all over the place. Would like to hear if anyone else has any thoughts!
Man, that’s a huge slider note! 👌 reminds me of EAs pitch notes.
really appreciate the described details! 👏 are you contributing to the OS slider community sets too!?

I will give those settings a try tonight.

Ive finally got my sliders to level where i can enjoy the game and have a lot of tight midfield battles. But its more the tactics that affect this i feel not the sliders themselves.

Game settings
Difficulty - World Class
Game Speed - Normal

Controller Settings
Assisted Headers - Off
Analog Sprint - Off

User Sliders
SliderUserCPU
Sprint Speed216
Acceleration4950
Shot Error5858
Pass Error5865
Shot Speed3535
Pass Speed5845
Inj. FrequencyAnyAny
Inj. SeverityAnyAny
Goalkeeper Ability5050
Marking6565
Run Frequency2525
Line Height5353
Line Length4850
Line Width5353
Fullback Positioning5050
Power BarAnyN/A
First Touch5050

I tried. I tried again. But I’m sticking with my settings. They are much slower.
thanks for the input though! 👍

playing second league teams now, as it’s much calmer from the AI. I like that.

Game settings
Difficulty - World Class
Game Speed - Normal

Controller Settings
Assisted Headers - Off
Analog Sprint - Off

User Sliders
SliderUserCPU
Sprint Speed216
Acceleration4950
Shot Error5858
Pass Error5865
Shot Speed3535
Pass Speed5845
Inj. FrequencyAnyAny
Inj. SeverityAnyAny
Goalkeeper Ability5050
Marking6565
Run Frequency2525
Line Height5353
Line Length4850
Line Width5353
Fullback Positioning5050
Power BarAnyN/A
First Touch5050

I did some frankenstein sliders with some of your suggestions because I dont know if they would apply to the 6min halves I play. I was really surprised with Legendary giving them one point of advantage in accel, but it wasnt frustrating at all (guess the error in pass really helps). had a really good game with a 82 rated team vs a 78 one. Won 2-1 with shots on target 7 to 4. It wasnt so end to end so I liked it, but need to test more and eventually test with better PL teams where it becomes a shit show.

Thanks for the recommendations and I will keep testing

I’m getting some decent, tight games atm….but one thing putting a dampener on it is the fact that if I break the defensive line, it’s far too easy to sprint towards goal and have 2 players (at least) to just square it to for an open goal

I’m playing world class - reckon I need to up it to legendary ?

Game settings
Difficulty - World Class
Game Speed - Normal

Controller Settings
Assisted Headers - Off
Analog Sprint - Off

User Sliders
SliderUserCPU
Sprint Speed216
Acceleration4950
Shot Error5858
Pass Error5865
Shot Speed3535
Pass Speed5845
Inj. FrequencyAnyAny
Inj. SeverityAnyAny
Goalkeeper Ability5050
Marking6565
Run Frequency2525
Line Height5353
Line Length4850
Line Width5353
Fullback Positioning5050
Power BarAnyN/A
First Touch5050

do these work for pc? and at least fix some of the midfield tracking back issues?

I think it's an inbuilt sprint/acceleration adjustment just like a 50 shot speed for the men and women are different in total speeds the ball reaches - the women's teams look like their '50' shot is the equivalent of the men's 45 or even a a few points lower. For sprint/acceleration, the lower the numbers for both slider settings, the less skating and crazy legs you get so animations can complete fully before having to quit mid-animation to the next one so often. Now depending on what gap you have between sprint and acceleration, you can actually make it look worse, even if both values are lower, as too slow of an acceleration makes the game feel sluggish, especially defensively. You have to experiment because it doesn't follow the logic you'd think it does - e.g. 30/30 isn't just a slower version of 50/50, you'll find it sluggish because of the low acceleration, not because of the sprint speed. It's the combination effect.

15/42(-45) as sprint/acceleration for the men's teams is as smooth as I can get with the animation while retaining a (mostly) realistic sprint speed and acceleration.

Last edited:
Holy cow… I just checked. 😳
i have 330 hours in FIFA22. 😂

let’s say, just 1/4th of the play time were enjoyable… that would be 60 cent for an hour of fun. 🤷‍♂️ But who’s valuing fun in euro anyway!? Just saying.

and yes. I’ll will get fifa23! 😊

Last edited:
This game is bad, man.

Fired it back up this morning. It’s so end to end, even with sliders. I get no joy from scoring in this. Maybe I just don’t like football games anymore but because of my love of the sport, I always need some form of football game to keep me entertained.

Back
Top Bottom