Microsoft Xbox

Yeah , upgrade was my first thought, but it is the "discount" that concerns me. It is like a clearense-sale. For example PS4 consoles, second hand, are offered at much higher prices even now.

I know it is still scalpers with the big boys, PS5, Xbox series X, that pushing the prices to absurd heigths, but if it is all clear, the Series S sounds a very interesting option, even a brand new.
I dont know, pal. Would ps4 not have umpteen games included in the sale? Xbox S doesnt have the drive so you are basically getting just the console.
Not sure to be honest..

Xbox S seems dirt cheap to me. I was looking at an extra ssd for my PS5 and 500gbs (here in Iceland) are close to half the price of a brand new Series S. Makes one ponder things.

Excuse me, if this is not the proper place to ask. Lately, in some second-hand marketplace websites of my country, pop-up a lot advertisements of Xbox series S consoles, bought 6 months before, Dec.2021/Jan.2022, and being sold/offered around at -50% of the retail cost. Can this be some kind of trap? What does this console drop its cost so fast?

If it were only 1 or 2 articles , i would smell a trap/scum, but keep finding a lot of similar articles, 500GB+1 console+1 Xbox Controler in around 150€~160€... This looks like a bargain.

Like Emroth said its probably ppl that got the series S to hold them until SX was available. The console was pretty cheap (compared to others) to start with, but it released more than a year ago and at least in the US the Series X stock has been more readily available (in stock for more than a day), so if you wanted one you could get one.
It would have made more sense to lose $150 trading in a Series S for a SX than to pay scalper prices of +$350 for the SX. I already saw deals for 230-250 including and extra controller and I think fortnite or some other game.
I even thought about upgrading to the SX but for now I cant justify it

I even thought about upgrading to the SX but for now I cant justify it
I think for a lot of people series S was also a 'test drive'. I was always PS fan and being able to test Xbox for the price of Nintendo switch was tempting.
Then I got a proper TV and series X just felt justified to see true next gen display. And I do have to say - on a game like Hell Let Loose for example - the difference in graphics was huge.
I think series S was a genius move from Microsoft and it did sway a lot of people from PS to Xbox.

I think for a lot of people series S was also a 'test drive'. I was always PS fan and being able to test Xbox for the price of Nintendo switch was tempting.
Then I got a proper TV and series X just felt justified to see true next gen display. And I do have to say - on a game like Hell Let Loose for example - the difference in graphics was huge.
I think series S was a genius move from Microsoft and it did sway a lot of people from PS to Xbox.
Hey, it worked for me after 4 generations of Playstations in my home. Low price, easily available, and what do you know, upgrading to the SX is crossing my mind... not to mention I keep stacking Gamepass ultimate. I'll probably follow your footsteps once I get the proper TV... If I could just get mine to break down...

. If I could just get mine to break down
:LOL:
Get a kid and move it to his/hers room. That was my excuse. :LOL:
But yeah - I get that. I probably told this story already, but I have a TV in the living room, that I got in 2012 for €1. It was a promotion. If you got a couch and paid extra €1 - they gave you 51" TV.
...needless to say - im on my third couch now and the TV is still going strong and I just cant justify changing it.. its the best €1 I ever spent! :LOL:

Well today I discovered that Cloud gaming can sometimes be really shit.
I played few games via cloud before and they were all great. No lag, good graphics. Recently I wanted to check something on one of my all-time favourites - Dayz. And it looked horrendous. Not laggy, just shit.
Worse than on PS4 back when I was playing it. Any slight movement and everything was getting pixelated and blurry. To see things clearly I had to stop moving completely.
Since I was only wanted to check something - I just left it. But it was bugging me. How come the game looks worse than on previous gen console? Is it some TV settings, or what?
So today I checked again - shit, like the last time.
But then I decided to install the game to see if it makes any difference. And it did. Massive difference. No pixels, smooth, great sharp next gen looking graphics.
So yeah - today I learned that some games via cloud can run like ass.
If anyone has same issues - install the game before you start digging into TV settings and whatnot.

Well today I discovered that Cloud gaming can sometimes be really shit.
I played few games via cloud before and they were all great. No lag, good graphics. Recently I wanted to check something on one of my all-time favourites - Dayz. And it looked horrendous. Not laggy, just shit.
Worse than on PS4 back when I was playing it. Any slight movement and everything was getting pixelated and blurry. To see things clearly I had to stop moving completely.
Since I was only wanted to check something - I just left it. But it was bugging me. How come the game looks worse than on previous gen console? Is it some TV settings, or what?
So today I checked again - shit, like the last time.
But then I decided to install the game to see if it makes any difference. And it did. Massive difference. No pixels, smooth, great sharp next gen looking graphics.
So yeah - today I learned that some games via cloud can run like ass.
If anyone has same issues - install the game before you start digging into TV settings and whatnot.
It's true that sometimes the quality drops but it happens rarely tbh and probably because there's some kind of maintenance on the servers. Either way the service is still in Beta and if someone has ultimate subscription it's included.
That said, for people without a console or a decent pc/laptop I always recommend the trial for Xcloud. Someone with 300mbps is possible to have a worse experience than someone with 50mbps. The ISP plays a major role on your experience. My neighbours next door have awful Xcloud performance while I have no problems even on WiFi. Same speeds but different ISP.

It's true that sometimes the quality drops but it happens rarely tbh and probably because there's some kind of maintenance on the servers. Either way the service is still in Beta and if someone has ultimate subscription it's included.
That said, for people without a console or a decent pc/laptop I always recommend the trial for Xcloud. Someone with 300mbps is possible to have a worse experience than someone with 50mbps. The ISP plays a major role on your experience. My neighbours next door have awful Xcloud performance while I have no problems even on WiFi. Same speeds but different ISP.
To use it as a trial - absolutely!
Thats how I test most of the games on Gamepass.
I also finished 3 parts of Halo using just cloud.
Its not a speed and performance of this particular game that was the issue here. It was literally its graphics. It looked really, really bad.
I also tried it few times and every time it was the same. It wasnt a drop in quality. It was like the game was running on much lower resolution.
And due to the fact that most of the games I tried via cloud (including Microsoft Flight Sim) looked great - suddenly having one that looked really bad made me very confused and worried that there's something wrong with my telly settings.

I suppose the point of my post was to make people aware that graphics might vary using cloud.

You can check Dayz yourself for the craic. Play it using cloud, run around, see how it looks and then install it and try again. The difference for me was huge.

Its not a speed and performance of this particular game that was the issue here. It was literally its graphics. It looked really, really bad.
I also tried it few times and every time it was the same. It wasnt a drop in quality. It was like the game was running on much lower resolution.
And due to the fact that most of the games I tried via cloud (including Microsoft Flight Sim) looked great - suddenly having one that looked really bad made me very confused and worried that there's something wrong with my telly settings.

I suppose the point of my post was to make people aware that graphics might vary using cloud.

You can check Dayz yourself for the craic. Play it using cloud, run around, see how it looks and then install it and try again. The difference for me was huge.

There is also an increasing number of people who right now can't afford new consoles or new PCs and they rely exclusively on streaming services. These ones unfortunately can't play natively. Microsoft needs to move as quickly as possible and improve the service coding and servers wise. Some ISPs also need to be more customer friendly and stop messing with the connections.
For example, I'm on broadband 100mbps, I can get a 500mbps fibre with the same money from another company and I'm not making the move because I don't know if Xcloud will have problems with the new ISP. Ofc it could be worse, living in Canada with Bell as your ISP..

I just watched bits and pieces. Good news as I understand is that everything they showed is 12 months or less to release. Disappointed Forza is releasing in ‘23 but on the positive side Diablo is releasing within this timeframe. They both look great

Not a lot of games caught my eye BUT nice to see most were gamepass titles

Forza motorsport looks insane.
Holy crap.

I had hope for it. But now I'am a little bit disapointed.

The raytracing looks nice. But look at the crashes with the Lambo and Audi R8. The dust looks like a bad texture. No onboard action. How many cars was on the track? 10? Come on. That's not "real" motorsport like the booth people say in this video.

It is the same with EA and Fifa. EA never watched a real football match and maybe it could be like the devs from the reboot never watched a real race event.

Sad. Till 23 I stay at ACC on my series X and my wheel. But maybe I will give it a try in game pass.

I had hope for it. But now I'am a little bit disapointed.

The raytracing looks nice. But look at the crashes with the Lambo and Audi R8. The dust looks like a bad texture. No onboard action. How many cars was on the track? 10? Come on. That's not "real" motorsport like the booth people say in this video.

It is the same with EA and Fifa. EA never watched a real football match and maybe it could be like the devs from the reboot never watched a real race event.

Sad. Till 23 I stay at ACC on my series X and my wheel. But maybe I will give it a try in game pass.
I never looked past how it looks ,that was my main focus ,I'm a very casual gamer with motorsports so I think this will suit me fine ,I likef the previous FM.

I never looked past how it looks ,that was my main focus ,I'm a very casual gamer with motorsports so I think this will suit me fine ,I likef the previous FM.
No problem mate. :BEER:
I think, I had much expactations to this game. Because I was reading an article in german gaming magazin some hour ago befor I was watching my linked YT video. But...you know.

No problem mate. :BEER:
I think, I had much expactations to this game. Because I was reading an article in german gaming magazin some hour ago befor I was watching my linked YT video. But...you know.
Got it ,I played a lot of AC and the first project cars with my wheel , love both those games.
But nowadays I'm more of a casual gamer with a controller

I wish they showed a bit more about ARA game. Civ type game but they didnt really show gameplay. But screens looked like right up my alley

Would prefer it, if they would finish the game first rather than concentrate on other system
Its two separate teams.
Main developers are working on finishing the game.
External company is porting to xbox.
Same story as Hell Let Loose with Black Matter and Team 17.
Mods are not confirmed yet, they are working on it.

Screenshot_20220618-105609_Twitter.jpg
Thats interesting. Wonder how come they included "World of Warcraft" on the list.
There is no news that I can find of Blizzard even considering porting this.
Either its false advertising, or there is some secret project/agreement in place post Blizzard acquisition.

Personally would love to see WoW (new project or remastered) on Xbox. Its one of my all-time favourites.
But even I wonder how they could possibly introduce all the controls on Xbox. And Im always the one arguing most games controls can be easily packed into the controllers.
But I remember having whole screen covered with controls when I used to play WoW. Bottom task bar, left task bar, right task bar, sometimes even two on the sides.. it was mental.

Thats interesting. Wonder how come they included "World of Warcraft" on the list.
There is no news that I can find of Blizzard even considering porting this.
Either its false advertising, or there is some secret project/agreement in place post Blizzard acquisition.

Personally would love to see WoW (new project or remastered) on Xbox. Its one of my all-time favourites.
But even I wonder how they could possibly introduce all the controls on Xbox. And Im always the one arguing most games controls can be easily packed into the controllers.
But I remember having whole screen covered with controls when I used to play WoW. Bottom task bar, left task bar, right task bar, sometimes even two on the sides.. it was mental.
Isn't it just that you get bonuses in WoW on PC when logging into Game Pass on PC? Like with the League of Legends announcement during the last Xbox announce event - nothing to do with the Xbox itself, just some bonuses if you log into your Game Pass account. Could be wrong!

Isn't it just that you get bonuses in WoW on PC when logging into Game Pass on PC? Like with the League of Legends announcement during the last Xbox announce event - nothing to do with the Xbox itself, just some bonuses if you log into your Game Pass account. Could be wrong!
I dont know. It doesnt mention PC gamepass. It doesnt mention PC at all.
Its Xbox news and it says Xbox home for all rpg's. And all other games on the list we know that are coming out on Xbox.
🤷‍♂️

I dont know. It doesnt mention PC gamepass. It doesnt mention PC at all.
Its Xbox news and it says Xbox home for all rpg's. And all other games on the list we know that are coming out on Xbox.
🤷‍♂️

You can use usb keyboard & mouse in several Xbox console games. It depends if the particular game allows/supports or not. Game like WoW would allow, but I'm not sure.

You can use usb keyboard & mouse in several Xbox console games. It depends if the particular game allows/supports or not. Game like WoW would allow, but I'm not sure.
Support can be there, of course, but I dont think I have ever seen a game with M&K only on consoles.
I dont know, I just found it strange.
I know that when Microsoft aquired Blizzard they did mention delivering WoW to Xbox, but I thought something was lost in translation there.
No one seemed to be asking any questions, maybe everyone just assumed there's some communication glitch and it aint happening.
I'll keep my eye on that, coz if they manage to port this - there's no excuse in porting anything really..

Back
Top Bottom