eFootball (All Platforms)

Now that we've cleared this up, can we move on and get back to the topic of eFootball please?

Any more posts based on this "argument" will be deleted, take it to PMs if you want.

Reactions: Tom
This is the most Coinami thing to do. Manny's channel has more FIFA content than Efootball, and Mike's efootball content is about as "huge" as a gecko's schlong. Whether they were picked or volunteered is irrelevant. Their channels don't feature as much efootball content as one would think. Also, how you gonna have a Bruno cup and not even include the very country he's from as part of the participating countries for this crap event?

I actually thought someone like damidnitekid would get the nod for the UK since he plays this game religiously, loves online, and he's been one of Coinami's biggest fart sniffers since this game dropped a year ago. I wish I could enjoy as much aroma as these lot. Thankfully, I have my misses for all of that. Either way, this entire thing is going to be another snooze fest, just like most of these overhyped events this company produces for the game. Oh, hey, it's Thursday, let's recycle more Mbappe cards. Fuck me... 🙄

The best thing this company did for efootball this entire year was adding lobbies, and even that wasn't implemented properly. It's a reminder of how terrible things are right now.

Look at this, he looks like a cross between Ernie from Sesame Street and Klaus from American dad. This kit is an abomination to football kits everywhere.

Last edited:
Stating the obvious - but the more people realise it, the better (i.e. the core design of eFootball is pay-to-win, cos if it wasn't, how in God's name would they make money, do you seriously think they're giving a game away for free out of kindness).

If it made more financial sense for them to keep producing a "full" game, they would obviously do that. But 100k sales at £50 each vs 1m downloads with half that audience chipping in £10 for a Neymar card = exactly the same income, but with half the dev / publishing costs (and portable across more platforms).

Offline players don't matter any more, until they start charging us £10 a month to play the Master League. Despite the fact that, if it was given as much dev time as e.g. FIFA's FUT modes are, I would definitely, definitely do that.

Good god what the fuck happened to the gameplay?? Its a pure pile of dogshit, all its issues amplified to 150%. I hope offline mode doesnt come anytime soon because its a dumbster fire at its state.

The game is 150% now fighting with controls. Players dont move as you input, dont pass as you input, dont act as you input, ball has defo a huger random factor added based on every surface it touches. Players dont know where the fuck they are on the pitch. And you just cant feel your opponent doesnt know what the fuck is going on during the match either. ITS A MESS. And players are still twice as fast than a pass.

Last edited:
The game is 150% now fighting with controls. Players dont move as you input, dont pass as you input, dont act as you input, ball has defo a huger random factor added based on every surface it touches. Players dont know where the fuck they are on the pitch. And you just cant feel your opponent doesnt know what the fuck is going on during the match either. ITS A MESS. And players are still twice as fast than a pass.
YES, that is what is saying from day one of 2.2.0, they change a lot of animation mechanics that screw up the responsiveness and control of the players, and now you are locked to animations that sometimes have unreasonable casual movements which do not correspond to the dynamics of actions in the given situations. In the old versions, you could break an animation by applying a new command without even having to do a " Super Cancel ", but it still didn't break the balance and logic of moves (well sometimes did).
Yes, you are right now in most cases you are fighting with the controller, especially IF you are playing with normal players, for example in this International Offline Mode, then it is most visible. In my opinion, Konami screwed the average players because of the Dream Team mode and pushed you to buy those from the special packs because they feel a little more responsive and easy to control. So yeah, now the game is one unresponsive/on-rails mess if you do not buy coins and packs, even for offline/AI events.

Last edited:
For me the game has one now gamebreaking issue which has been referenced here to an extent regarding 'fighting the controller'.

Defending just using the 'X' pressure button is literally FIFA 11 level now. There little to no skill involved in it online. Just hold down it and the AI does it all for you.

Had a match vs a player who did a 5-3-2 with 1800 rated players and 99 rated Messi from 2014. I did win 3-1 but dam that was a hard game because it doesn't even matter if you have rubbish players, just put 5 at the back, counter and easy win vs anyone who doesn't mirror you.

I just this morning done something similar using a 2000 rated England team with Campbell in defence an 82 rated Balogun and the rest are just average players either 65-75 rated from England I didn't level up yet. I'm still unbeaten in 5 matches in the weekend showdown, I was even 4-0 up vs some level one player, I felt for him it actually finished 4-3 as I just relaxed and couldn't believe how easy and effective this was, I didn't bother even going all out defence with mentality.

This cannot continue! This has to be the number! Issue we all as a PES community speak about in the latest survey. People paying all this money for what? No even need just get 1-2 decent fast attackers, get a group of tall defenders and counter with 5 at the back. Defending is a joke, its a same really, there is a lot of good things in this gameplay but the balance is bad right now.

Really said to see people defending konami on their disrespect to us offline players.

Absolutley nothing from them officially when the offline part of the game will arrive. Many of the issues with the gameplay could be balanced much better if we actually had games longer than just 10 minutes, but this gameplay will always be held back from its potential to serve the online cheeseball.

Guys please i want to see how far you all can get playing 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 with a 1900-2050 rated team. I lost just 2 out of 12 games using this and even in the 5-4 Costa Rica loss i abandoned the 5 at the back and pushed my wingbacks high up for fun. Its way too effective and shows the cheeseball players are having too much influence in feedback turning this into a fifa 11 wannabe rather than what it could be.

I like the challenge of playing with crap players and being the underdog but thats about it for this game right now tbh.

Defending just using the 'X' pressure button is literally FIFA 11 level now. There little to no skill involved in it online. Just hold down it and the AI does it all for you.

Had a match vs a player who did a 5-3-2 with 1800 rated players and 99 rated Messi from 2014. I did win 3-1 but dam that was a hard game because it doesn't even matter if you have rubbish players, just put 5 at the back, counter and easy win vs anyone who doesn't mirror you.
It's funny you mentioned fifa 11 because last time I played fifa online, I wanna say 13 or 14, 5 and the back and counterattacking was the online meta lol

You mean like how they too their time with eFootball right? If offline was important ML would have changed more than it did the last 5 years. BAL would've changed at all. But they didn't did they? How is it so easy to ignore that? Or ignore the fact that eFootball's creative director said he didn't think offline against AI is fun? Sigh.

At the end of the day, honestly, I hope he's right. I hope Konami is taking their time. But given what we know and have seen it's hard to have any confidence in Konami at this point.

Guys you're welcome! Play this and tell me it isn't better than eFootball :COOL: and has a more realistic tempo, better variety of shots, better AI and requires way more skill to play... ISS Pro Evo 1 It's a joy to play, even after all these years. ISS 1

It's funny you mentioned fifa 11 because last time I played fifa online, I wanna say 13 or 14, 5 and the back and counterattacking was the online meta lol

At least today i lost a number of games using it, strangely once i leveled up their team style. However much of this was down to some experimenting with the midfield positions but the game is very FIFAesque online for me.

Two glaring problems will plague this game online especially and also offline if not using manual.

1. Defending way, way, way, way, way too easy.

2. Passing is crap if not using manual. No dynamism to it at all. What i cannot stand the most if the magnet effect where if the game determines you didn't aim it at the player intended well enough it will generate a pass to go perfectly to the opposition. Along with the rubber banding nonsense where the game magnetically gives rebounded balls to your opponent or even you depending on the 'momentum'.

It is a real shame as I have enjoyed a lot of the matches when you use everything outside of those two major flaws and I do like this challenge using this 1954 rated side. But Konami you are going away from you apparent 'realism' philosophy with this balance for me which is frustrating because the groundwork is there for it. I don't care how much money they have made, turning this into a wannabe FIFA clone will see this ultimately fail

Stockholm syndrome is a helluva drug

Yeah. there is no excuse for me, there has been nothing stopping Konami from releasing at least a basic Cup and Tournament mode and unlocking the time length at least so people can drill this game offline with at least basic incentive. The Konami board do not care for anything bar profit and don't want to share this until they can milk money out of us even for stuff like edit mode.

i really don't mind this focus from them on dream team etc.. The strategy is fine and work but this is so soulless without anything offline to compliment it.

The funny thing is that this is only a football gaming situation.

If you look at racing games, they all have decent offline.

The funny thing is that this is only a football gaming situation.

If you look at racing games, they all have decent offline.
And lots of different types of racing game too (others have made this point over the years); silly cart-style games, arcade games, sim-cade games, pure simulation games... As well as all the different disciplines (rally, F1 etc.)...

There was a time when there was a selection of football games. But I think every developer/publisher had high hopes of challenging PES/FIFA, and when it didn't happen, they weren't interested in producing any more.

It's such a shame cos it kills innovation. You only have to read a thread like this to imagine what ideas could be out there, that we'll never get to experience. eFootball is purely mobile-focused now (however hard we wish otherwise), and one of FIFA/EASFC's producers has done an interview where he's said they think the gameplay is in a good place.

I think the likes of UFL and Goals are the only hope we have, yet A) they don't even have offline modes, and B) they're both fairly openly trying to clone FUT and focus on the eSports player.

I said it when eFootball was announced as a free-to-play cross-platform "mobile-focused" game, but it's truly over for us, and it surprises me that this thread is so active to be honest. (Even if the posts that keep it alive are generally "wow, the latest update has somehow made it even less like football" - exactly what's happening to FIFA.)

Back
Top Bottom