FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

In update 14 list, they stated quite a few things that will increase speed, but I tried after the update and strangely, the game becomes slower (better).

First game in , default sliders (always try on new update). Felt great to be fair , ball.felt more detached and alive and Ai did fouls 4 shots from outside area and more error (world.class ) need to.play more but really enjoyed that and it was beginning to feel.a bit stale

Read lots of praise about update 14 so went back in.

AI midfielders and defenders (on your team and the opponent's team) are more passive than ever before. Two-three passes and you're through on goal, over and over again. There is no resistance. No need to think about your passes. Playing with Tranmere is like playing with Tottenham.

Ice-hockey animations, basketball gameplay, fewer elements of football left in the game after each update. There is nothing about teamplay left, it's just running from box to box and shooting.

AI midfielders and defenders (on your team and the opponent's team) are more passive than ever before. Two-three passes and you're through on goal, over and over again. There is no resistance. No need to think about your passes. Playing with Tranmere is like playing with Tottenham.

Ice-hockey animations, basketball gameplay, fewer elements of football left in the game after each update. There is nothing about teamplay left, it's just running from box to box and shooting.
Very strange because I have got exactly the opposite : AI made a lot of nice passes before going forward.
Shooting animations are more natural.
Midflieds and defenders made a great job, I noticed than on the first second.
I saw some nice tackles from AI
The games were a bit to speed, because played on this evening

I missed the notification probably, when the v14 cames? I got the same sensation as Chris as i retried.
FIFA at his worst, running, passing, shooting. You can play a build/construction game, but it's not necessary to me, well perhaps more effectiveness if you want to make our own story regarding "Fifa 22 : a balanced football game".

Good luck to defend against AI (not because they're strong...) so it always end up with tennis scores.

I always try a new patch to see where the direction is aiming for the future.
Well, since Fifa 19 to me.

Also don't say again that Fifa 20 was good, to me it's the same core with better movement in dribbling and dumber CPU with no challenge at all. : "Better" to control, well just dribbing but exactly the same schedule run, passes, shots effectiveness > I never felt any pressure while playing. Fifa 18 is a masterpiece vs that.

When on FIFA 22, the AI was hardcore : but the inexistent and ineffective defence was not for nothing. I kinda got a bit of fun at the start i admit, just for that. Less when i felt and saw too much basic law of physics crushed and hyper speed, then weird stuff here and there...

So, the direction didn't changed, and they even from the "pitch notes" increased the distance between defenders while you use "contain", i stopped to read after that and tried after. The game is streched on every sense, patch 14 FFS, it's crazy. They have no idea what to do, who to listen (certainly not guys like us)

Just came here to post exactly the same thing. Haven't played this in months - thought I would try after latest update.

The game is trash. It's modern day FIFA, basically. End-to-end goal fests, even on Slow speed. Default sliders, Matt 10's sliders, my own sliders - I've tried everything. The fundamentals are all wrong and it isn't football, it's EA Ball.

Yikes. Just had a few games last night. I found them enjoyable. Actually a bit better than prepatch as the AI was doing a bit more mistakes. Its still fifa at its core with its quirks but the games I had were pretty good.
its definitely not perfect but im happy i can still enjoy it. For some reason i dont see end to end games and i play short halves. Its crazy how looking at the previous video of liverpool from bsmaff how different the experiences are

Still enjoying it. Hard to put down. It's nothing amazing, but reviewing the past couple of years of games (PES and FIFA) and it's either too much work to get them going again, or I've just seen too many of the same things be bothered to play them. At least I'm still seeing new animations and behaviors here - especially as sliders are adjusted.

Still enjoying it. Hard to put down. It's nothing amazing, but reviewing the past couple of years of games (PES and FIFA) and it's either too much work to get them going again, or I've just seen too many of the same things be bothered to play them. At least I'm still seeing new animations and behaviors here - especially as sliders are adjusted.
[Off-Topic based on the Thread Title & Description] Are you sure that your sliders will work fine on PC just as in PS5 or XBSX/S?

[Off-Topic based on the Thread Title & Description] Are you sure that your sliders will work fine on PC just as in PS5 or XBSX/S?
I play on the PC as well as consoles/Stadia and the gameplay is the same, with the exception of the issues of FIFA 21 where the midfield doesn't track back enough. We've tried everything with sliders,etc, but the only way to fix that through a mod or something.

I play on the PC as well as consoles/Stadia and the gameplay is the same, with the exception of the issues of FIFA 21 where the midfield doesn't track back enough. We've tried everything with sliders,etc, but the only way to fix that through a mod or something.
Hmm, the midfield issue is present on current-gen platforms. I think the "mod" you're talking about is "Enhanced Gameplay Mod" by @citizenkidd (a.k.a Captainkidd). He improved so many things but he's currently inactive (for months). His last build (or variants) were made especially to cope with your sliders. You can check the thread here :- Click Here

Also, thank you for your sliders. Very good thing to exist. Been using it since I got FIFA 22 (used your other sliders on FIFA 19, 21 etc as well). :)

Another game, I'm.enoying this as much as any version. Has its quirky moments but ultimately its exciting and unpredictable again
I have the same feeling. The game is slower and the defenders are clever, made better choice.
Another thing : in five matchs, i have 4, 5 and 11 days of injuries. More injuries with a short period.

Ball physics have changed : on long shot, more real effects on the ball.

Sancho long shot is a real proof

Long shoot from Kane

The goal keeper have more animations, I like that!

This is a match versus Wolves, a great one

I want to see now what will happened in FIFA 23!

I have the same feeling. The game is slower and the defenders are clever, made better choice.
Another thing : in five matchs, i have 4, 5 and 11 days of injuries. More injuries with a short period.

Ball physics have changed : on long shot, more real effects on the ball.

Sancho long shot is a real proof

Long shoot from Kane

The goal keeper have more animations, I like that!

This is a match versus Wolves, a great one

I want to see now what will happened in FIFA 23!
In all of these videos, the majority of your play consists of a ruler-straight pass through an empty midfield and a shot, over and over and over again... Do you not see how barren the midfield is, and how little thought is going into building a move?

In-fact, there is no "building a move", it's just regain possession in defence, one pass to a midfielder, one pass to a striker and shoot... Over and over, except for the situations where your manual passing means the pass is off-target.

At no point are you challenged on the ball - and nor do your AI-controlled players challenge the AI team. They all shift backwards in unison like there's a pole running through them, but there is no resistance, no pressure. Just "come on through, friend".

Every game I play, 90% of my attacks look like this. Over and over again. The example I've provided here isn't a counter-attack - the AI is supposed to be defending. They do absolutely nothing to stop you, and in just a couple of passes, you should score. It's nothing like football.

This counter-attack is another example, and something I see over and over again. There's no resistance to you, you can do whatever you like to them and they will let you. I find this utterly boring and soul-destroying.

After that clip, the AI regains possession and, if not for your one-man pressing (because the rest of your team don't give a shit what happens), they'd do the exact same thing to you because your midfield does nothing to stop them - this clip is immediately after the above one.

It's just running back and forth end-to-end with no thought required to create a shooting opportunity. You may as well be running along an empty training pitch to shoot, over and over, and I don't get how that's fun.

@bsmaff posted this video of his ridiculous game as Exeter vs Liverpool, where the scoreline ends up 5-6 because of this - and I don't understand how anyone can defend this game... cos the AI certainly can't. They've never heard of defending.

I'm not trying to spoil anyone's fun - I just want a football game based on football, not on the eSports ideals that A) all non-controlled players should stand still and never interfere with play, and B) more goals is more fun.

In all of these videos, the majority of your play consists of a ruler-straight pass through an empty midfield and a shot, over and over and over again... Do you not see how barren the midfield is, and how little thought is going into building a move?

In-fact, there is no "building a move", it's just regain possession in defence, one pass to a midfielder, one pass to a striker and shoot... Over and over, except for the situations where your manual passing means the pass is off-target.

At no point are you challenged on the ball - and nor do your AI-controlled players challenge the AI team. They all shift backwards in unison like there's a pole running through them, but there is no resistance, no pressure. Just "come on through, friend".

Every game I play, 90% of my attacks look like this. Over and over again. The example I've provided here isn't a counter-attack - the AI is supposed to be defending. They do absolutely nothing to stop you, and in just a couple of passes, you should score. It's nothing like football.

This counter-attack is another example, and something I see over and over again. There's no resistance to you, you can do whatever you like to them and they will let you. I find this utterly boring and soul-destroying.

After that clip, the AI regains possession and, if not for your one-man pressing (because the rest of your team don't give a shit what happens), they'd do the exact same thing to you because your midfield does nothing to stop them - this clip is immediately after the above one.

It's just running back and forth end-to-end with no thought required to create a shooting opportunity. You may as well be running along an empty training pitch to shoot, over and over, and I don't get how that's fun.

@bsmaff posted this video of his ridiculous game as Exeter vs Liverpool, where the scoreline ends up 5-6 because of this - and I don't understand how anyone can defend this game... cos the AI certainly can't. They've never heard of defending.

I'm not trying to spoil anyone's fun - I just want a football game based on football, not on the eSports ideals that A) all non-controlled players should stand still and never interfere with play, and B) more goals is more fun.
I like playing like that since the beta of FIFA 22. It's remind me when i played Winning Eleven 9 on PS2. Long through ball is black, and yes I know it's a bit boring but i'm out of control with my Dualsence🤪. Before i always played with a passing game. I like long shoot too😅

I have my own sliders to create my own style. I have made since 3 weeks with a friend a new set, with more possession for AI but I think it's too serious. I can share it.

I played FUMA and i hate having some help from AI to have a better placement to have less goal. I want to see some creativity from AI and be proud to saved by myself a hot situation with a solid tackle. So I love that autoblock are out and I love defending in FIFA 22.

In games versus Liverpool, Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, City, Barça, you feel the pressure. Wolves didn't play like these WC teams. I love played versus Rennes too. So much variety on the pitch!

In a word, yes we have all different feelings with FIFA. Hate, love, average opinions, etc ...

Football has changed, in a bad way. More speed, less technic. I only want to make a career with emotional moments. I find that in FIFA 22 with my sliders. I can't explain with words, it's a feeling when I have a pad in my hands.

Scoring with a FK, a bicycle, a long shot, a header, after a long possession, on a counter attack, everything is possible. When the rythme is slow, i can only what making games, again and again.

But yes : I prefer losing with glory than winning with a shit goal. I want midfield battles, strong defenders against me than always made the same action with the same goal again and again😅

My thoughts exactly when watching videos in here ,not too spoil anyone's fun ,but most of the stuff is pretty bad (regardless of poster)

My biggest no no ,and I'm having serious doubts when people say it's "great" is the movement ,it's so bad.
I can't take it seriously,it's so off-putting.

Imagine playing a F1 game and having these physics?
Car handling like a dude going down a snowy hill in a plastic bag ,or playing NHL 22 with NHL 95s physics.

I know movement has been an issue for Fifa since at least FIFA 15-16-17.
But this is just ridiculous ,not implementing foot planting.

IRL a match is 90 minutes long, in FIFA it's much shorter.
Exactly, in a 14 minute game I don't want to see 7 minutes of passing back . The ai goes back when it needs to and mixes it up enough to look like football and be enjoyable

Not this argument again. There are good fifa games with a midfield in spite of the shorter match length. People still play them.

It's just that the game is now designed for brain dead fut ppl since at least fifa 20.
Here.come the insults So now we are brain dead if we enjoy it . I have a science degree and a professional job but I'm brain dead because I like FIFA 22

Here.come the insults So now we are brain dead if we enjoy it . I have a science degree and a professional job but I'm brain dead because I like FIFA 22

I didn't call anyone brain dead for liking the game. It was clearly directed at the fut / competive crowd who do say all the idiotic things about responsiveness or the defending or how it's just a game, etc. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game, even if it's designed for that crowd. I can't enjoy it, i'm not smarter than you, but I just can't. Different people, tastes, etc.

Last edited:
I think he said 'brain dead FUT' mate which is what EA have aimed the game towards, he didn't mean you were brain dead.

Just a different expectations and a certain, how should i say it... Tolerance regarding the flaws as you like what you see as qualities.

There's also, to be honest, some game that you played so much that it became a "standard", for you perhaps. Others games looks tooks slow, or you don't see them as logic.

Well controls, 90 min in 10-12 minutes and the logic to represents it in a balanced way...
But you can denies that the game isn't balanced mate, and incredible stuffs happens too often. Perhaps you don't care.

I'll be honest, sincerely i'm asking myself how you can like it when i remember some "harsh" post against every others Footie games coming from you.

Or you just like it, but not like a super game. Just like it enough to play some games every X days. Nothing weird. Just that it's been since FIFA 17 that people complains, and the most killed and mocked from every angle by people on social media and test is FIFA 22.
Well i kinda like PES 19 but he wasn't destroyed by everyone everywhere.

PS: Or perhaps you're just completely brain dead, no need to search something or "why" (joking mate, you got all my respect ;) )

EA have done a very bad job since FIFA 17.

Here, we all wanted a real footy simulation, but people gereraly didn't buy FIFA for that quality.
They want licences, immersion, and FUT fan quick control.

There are so much different feelings there, because with or without the sliders, the gameplay is changing. Sometime good, sometime bad.

We wanted foot planting, inertia, real ball physics, clever AI, greats defenders and midfields, aerial fights.

It's not normal to see in a game so much unreal moves that can't be done in real life. That the big problème of this game. Some people could live with that, the others can't because it's kill realism. I have the chance( or not), to be on the first category but I clearly understand why we hate this game so much. EA earns billions with FIFA franchise.

With the years, our expectations became lower because the gameplay became lower too. Same problem with tennis games, basket.

Top Spin 4 and NBA 2K11 are two legendary games because their gameplay are excellents! They look real! Before, gameplay was the core of the development. Now it's marketing, DLC, Micro transactions.

Back
Top Bottom