FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Almost done with my first season with Arminia Bielefeld ,still not thinking this is a good/great game ,but good enough.
A few things still pissing me off.
The shortpassing in to the box ,not as frequently as it was before changing my sliders (OS with a sprint discrepancy +1 for the CPU)

Goalkeeper (human ) lets in too many long rangers.
I'm still on the old set (previous one but with GK to 45)

Good enough but not great.
I agree, my 4th game on career mode, still winning with a high score( 4-3) but lost last game 2-1 vs sevilla

I agree, my 4th game on career mode, still winning with a high score( 4-3) but lost last game 2-1 vs sevilla
I think that the 49/50 acceleration makes it interesting ,I lose more than I win ,guess if I play as a better team I'll win more (most) games.
Still a mess in defence this game.
You play La Liga?
Think (if I keep playing) I'll play La Liga as well (Betis/Getafe maybe)

Playing os sliders on world class, in defense, there is mainly the waiting game to be played, right!? AI is passing like crazy every time i want to lunge for the ball using X. Defensive stand plus sprinting while covering lanes to their receivers is all I do till they finally play a bad ass. 🤷‍♂️ They seem to not like to go one on one… always passing when I’m close to battle them. Sometimes it looks absolutely crazy, when they pass like crazy in a super fast way in super close space (next to or in my pen area)...
First I thought it was me pushing to hard… but when I stay off to just cover receivers, game slows down a bit bit still they pass unnaturally good/awkwar/frantic…
on professional or with lower league teams its not that bad (but I’m missing a bit of a challenge when in offense).

any tips here?! I already watched some def. tutorial videos again. 🤷‍♂️
It’s difficult mate, which is great in a way. I’m on WC playing as a shit team (my home city of Cambridge) and it’s a struggle to create good chances but I celebrate the goals as much as real-life ones sometimes. The Operation Sports sliders made WC more competitive for me (as in harder as I was slicing the defense open with through balls or crosses) as before I’d score 3-4 goals a game.

I think that the 49/50 acceleration makes it interesting ,I lose more than I win ,guess if I play as a better team I'll win more (most) games.
Still a mess in defence this game.
You play La Liga?
Think (if I keep playing) I'll play La Liga as well (Betis/Getafe maybe)
yes playing la liga with barcelona, however, i just played a rather unusual easy game vs bayern away at allianz arena and won 3-1, maybe a one off game i suppose, mind you i am on assisted settings legendary difficulty, so no complaints there, do these matt10 sliders work for assisted? or it s only for fuma? but another question, why the heck the graphics are like that on the pc version.....i can t even say why the graphics are so washed out and bland...

yes playing la liga with barcelona, however, i just played a rather unusual easy game vs bayern away at allianz arena and won 3-1, maybe a one off game i suppose, however i am on assisted settings, so no complaints there, do these matt10 sliders work for assisted? or it s only for fuma? but another question, why the heck the graphics are like that on the pc version.....i can t even say why the graphics are so washed out and bland...
Can't speak for pc ,but I guess it's last gen graphics right (not sure)?
Yes they do ,sliders work on all settings.
I play semi passing/shooting and manual crossing etc.
I used to play assisted through balls ,but just by switching to manual ,the game became much tougher.
Just a tip if you want it to be a bit tougher without playing semi/manual on ordinary passing

It’s difficult mate, which is great in a way. I’m on WC playing as a shit team (my home city of Cambridge) and it’s a struggle to create good chances but I celebrate the goals as much as real-life ones sometimes. The Operation Sports sliders made WC more competitive for me (as in harder as I was slicing the defense open with through balls or crosses) as before I’d score 3-4 goals a game.
Yes. I’m with you.
but my first comment was about defense!!

@saturator has been kind enough to help me with the god awful pitch wear in fifa 22 on PS5 and Series X versions (Career Mode). It entails changing pitch colours in kick off mode and then heading back to the career.

I just can’t get this to work. It’s March in my career and I’ve got patches of dirt all over the Villa Park turf. Anyone have any ideas? Or do you just put up with the mud? :LOL:

Guys i have a big issue, in career mode with barca, any signing that i make will make me lose someone in the attack,like for example if i buy Malen, fati would disappear totally from my team....what s wrong? Is this a bug?

i get freezing when playing, it last up to 5 seconds.:FAIL:
Playing as Palace in a BPL season.
This game is so unrealistic, Timo Werner is scoring wordies against me, in my BPL season.
The pressing that i am getting from Chelsea is obnoxious.

Just started playing this game by the way.
So far it's hot garbage.

This game is so unrealistic, Timo Werner is scoring wordies against me, in my BPL season.

So far it's hot garbage.
Set the os sliders and play legendary

So far it's hot garbage.
Yeah I’ve played it for a few matches today with OS sliders and then with default sliders.

This game isn’t very good and that’s being kind.

After finishing my season (first and probably only one) the non existing midfield and the insane defending (non marking and miles of spaces for CPU to tap balls in) I have to say FIFA 20 is a masterpiece Vs this.
That game was the first one with the 1v1 defending ,but the other players actually marked their man.
And I'm not comparing it to 21 because that's the worst FIFA ever , unplayable.

Yes this isn't very good,I enjoyed bits of this s ason but I started to drift off quite quickly

Have you guys tried the legendary sliders on OS? The cpu pass error at 78 being the highlight which makes them play much more realistic. 50/49 accel to stop cpu quick passing Props to matt10 for this, game plays better than world class now in my opinion on current gen.

Have you guys tried the legendary sliders on OS? The cpu pass error at 78 being the highlight which makes them play much more realistic. 50/49 accel to stop cpu quick passing Props to matt10 for this, game plays better than world class now in my opinion on current gen.
I think that’s my next step. With the Operation Sport/Matt’s sliders on WC I’m getting tough games but beginning to score more. Once I can tighten up my back line I think I can take the jump to legendary for the first time ever in a FIFA game.

After finishing my season (first and probably only one) the non existing midfield and the insane defending (non marking and miles of spaces for CPU to tap balls in) I have to say FIFA 20 is a masterpiece Vs this.
That game was the first one with the 1v1 defending ,but the other players actually marked their man.
And I'm not comparing it to 21 because that's the worst FIFA ever , unplayable.

Yes this isn't very good,I enjoyed bits of this s ason but I started to drift off quite quickly
The thing with FIFA 22 is that it’s boring as hell. I get no satisfaction from scoring goals.

I went back to fifa 15 afterwards - I’ve still got an old Aston Villa save on there. And it’s bit fast for my liking but it’s still so rewarding when you win a match compared to fifa 21 and 22.

fifa 23 looks like more of the same as well, which worries me.

The thing with FIFA 22 is that it’s boring as hell. I get no satisfaction from scoring goals.

I went back to fifa 15 afterwards - I’ve still got an old Aston Villa save on there. And it’s bit fast for my liking but it’s still so rewarding when you win a match compared to fifa 21 and 22.

fifa 23 looks like more of the same as well, which worries me.
Fifa 15 is brilliant ,you can always slow down acc/sprint
Couldn't care less for Fifa 23 ,I know it's going to be shit.
22 bad 21 horrible 20 ok 19 decent 18 decent 17-16-15 good.
So I'll expect 23 to be crap

Played 18 tonight and it's ok ,even good ,a bit weird at times ,feels like CPU is on you like glue ,once you do them and create some space they just sweep in and take the ball ,if not for that ,a really good game

Played 18 tonight and it's ok ,even good ,a bit weird at times ,feels like CPU is on you like glue ,once you do them and create some space they just sweep in and take the ball ,if not for that ,a really good game
I love fifa 20. Very underrated. FIFA 18 and 19 are also very good but too easy for me as I use default assists.

good to see you Rock, been a long time. Hope you’re well brother.

I love fifa 20. Very underrated. FIFA 18 and 19 are also very good but too easy for me as I use default assists.

Yeah I like Fifa 20 as well ,probably my most played FIFA.
Think I'll return to it again ,came 2nd twice and win the CL with Villa on my save ,how about them apples:)
I'm good mate ,summer and swimming/skating can't be much better :)
You mate?
Everything good in your part of the world ,guess congrats are in order tonight ,Euro champ and all.

I love FIFA 20 too. I started my own sliders on this game. So much fun. On careerr, only insane scores simulation of the other teams was the problem. Gameplay was great. I've got a lot of penalty and freekick on it🤩

I don't know what they have done on FIFA 22 NG but since a week, midfields are back. Patch 15 is not out yet on NG so it's strange.

Last edited:
@saturator has been kind enough to help me with the god awful pitch wear in fifa 22 on PS5 and Series X versions (Career Mode). It entails changing pitch colours in kick off mode and then heading back to the career.

I just can’t get this to work. It’s March in my career and I’ve got patches of dirt all over the Villa Park turf. Anyone have any ideas? Or do you just put up with the mud? :LOL:
Mate ,
When you apply the good field, you press the " A" botton of Xbox or "X" on PS5 to validate or you press "B" or "O"?
If you don't, the setting was not record by defaut🤞

Yeah I like Fifa 20 as well ,probably my most played FIFA.
Think I'll return to it again ,came 2nd twice and win the CL with Villa on my save ,how about them apples:)
I'm good mate ,summer and swimming/skating can't be much better :)
You mate?
Everything good in your part of the world ,guess congrats are in order tonight ,Euro champ and all.
Yes all good here mate now it’s cooled down. I don’t like the hot weather.

England ladies Euro champs, yes - amazing feat. They’re more likeable than the men’s team I know that much.

Ah to see Villa lift the Champions League! One day, my friend :LOL: I was too young when they last did it!

I hope you will fixed it. When I go to my Xbox careerr, the field was not enough green. When I make the video for you, since it's perfect.
I tried it - I went to Kick Off, settings, selected the greenest green :LOL: , pressed 'X' on PS5 controller, backed out of menus, Continue Career, played a Premier League match and the pitch looks terrible still. Patches of dirt everywhere :(

I love FIFA 20 too. I started my own sliders on this game. So much fun. On careerr, only insane scores simulation of the other teams was the problem. Gameplay was great. I've got a lot of penalty and freekick on it🤩

I don't know what they have done on FIFA 22 NG but since a week, midfields are back. Patch 15 is not out yet on NG so it's strange.
Tbh player movement and ball physics are much much better on 22, it feels like pes tbh which is what i look for in build up play

19 decent?? Every game feels like the same game even with sliders, so ofc no

Why u think 22 is bad?? For what reason?
I'm not going list everything that is bad ,would take me all day.
Unrealistic/no midfield/no defense/no player marking /players skating around/movement looks ridiculous.
It's a FUT game ,made for FUT players and I'm not interested in that.
Not as bad as 21 ,but then again no game is ,but it's far from as good as 20

I'm not going list everything that is bad ,would take me all day.
Unrealistic/no midfield/no defense/no player marking /players skating around/movement looks ridiculous.
It's a FUT game ,made for FUT players and I'm not interested in that.
Not as bad as 21 ,but then again no game is ,but it's far from as good as 20
So which one is the best one to play instead of 22?

Back
Top Bottom